This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merrimack College 2010-2011: taking H.E. one chair-back seat at a time

Alright, first game is just 5 days away. Anyone have any scouting reports on Niagra? How are they looking this year? Also, does anyone know where a video feed for the game can be found/bought?
    Before there was a band there was "the drum guy"

@SalvucciM

Re: Merrimack College 2010-2011: taking H.E. one chair-back seat at a time

Originally posted by Salvo1017 View Post
    Alright, first game is just 5 days away. Anyone have any scouting reports on Niagra? How are they looking this year? Also, does anyone know where a video feed for the game can be found/bought?

Found this link: http://www.purpleeagles.com/sports/m...ules/index.asp

which eventually gets you to B2.

Comment

fantastic, thanks ice. I was at Lawler on Friday, renovations are coming along nicely. The stripping of that horrible looking tin-foil ceiling really opens the place up. But the new student section benches behind the far net look kind of small to me...we were averaging 500 students a game last year and it really doesn't look like it will come close to fitting that.

Anyone have any thoughts on where the spillovers will be? I would assume not the chairback seats as they are going for 20 dollars.

@SalvucciM

Comment

Not that it means much but Niagara (not Niagra) beat York 9-0. Last year it was 5-2 so they may be improved. They return a key player lost to injury last year Ryan Annesley who was their captain and a very good defenseman. They lost a great playmaker Chris Moran who held the school assist record however. The Mack better come very ready to play or they will not come out with a win.

Comment

Thanks BC,

The one thing I really don't worry about with this Mack team as of last year is work ethic. 4 years ago is a different story when the team pretty much was unable to compete I can understand them throwing in the towel. But this group of kids underestimates no one. I expect them to go in there with intensity of playing a big name HE school and keep their foot on the gas.

@SalvucciM

Comment

The one thing I really don't worry about with this Mack team as of last year is work ethic. 4 years ago is a different story when the team pretty much was unable to compete I can understand them throwing in the towel. But this group of kids underestimates no one. I expect them to go in there with intensity of playing a big name HE school and keep their foot on the gas.
            Merrimack will have plenty of fire on Saturday if the Blue/Gold game is any indication...Kyle Bigos and Ryan Flanagan got into a skirmish and were both assessed penalties. It was short of throwing punches, but these guys want to win...
            "Get used to this drill, we'll be doing it a lot."
            "Why?"
            "Because the legs feed the wolf, gentlemen..."

Comment

The stripping of that horrible looking tin-foil ceiling really opens the place up.
              and after saying something like that do you even have one clue what that celing's purpose was? or are u just making a ridiculously stupid remark

Comment

Why the hostile attitude college hockey fan?

I took photos for the student newspaper and for athletics so actually from a photo standpoint I enjoyed the reflective ceiling as it reflected more light down onto the ice allowing for a faster shutter speed.

I never said that from a functional standpoint the arena is better off without it, I just think aesthetically it looks better, nothing more nothing less.

@SalvucciM

Comment

college hockey fan,

take it easy man. Just settle down and enjoy the season. I know you might be having a bad day, but jeez.

I really do hope that MC doesn't come out flat against niagara. In years past merrimack sometimes has a tendancy to start slowly against "weaker" competition. This is a different type of team though so i hope it goes well.
                  "Great moments are born from great oppurtunities.” - Herb Brooks

"MATTEAU!!! MATTEAU!!! MATTEAU!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by college hockey fan View Post
                    and after saying something like that do you even have one clue what that celing's purpose was? or are u just making a ridiculously stupid remark
                    Got PMS?
                    Originally posted by mookie1995
                    bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                    Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                    Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

so anyways....now that the game is just around the corner. what are everyone's predictions. Personally I think MC comes out a bit sluggish, just due to early season jitters. I think they take this one 4-2....one of which is an empty netter....other predictions?
                      "Great moments are born from great oppurtunities.” - Herb Brooks

"MATTEAU!!! MATTEAU!!! MATTEAU!!!"

Comment

I will say 5-3 with an empty netter. One thing that is interesting looking at Niagara from last season: their special teams numbers are almost identical to ours. Granted, different conference, different skill level--but it's something the coaches will need to game plan for...
                        "Get used to this drill, we'll be doing it a lot."
                        "Why?"
                        "Because the legs feed the wolf, gentlemen..."

Comment

5-4. I don't think our offense will have trouble lighting the lamp, but I feel like the defense may take a period or two to get it goin.

@SalvucciM

Comment

Connor Toomey is playing good in the EJ, off to a good start, point wise. I like seeing two BC U-17 team members committed. I think Merrimack should be off to a 3-0 start if they are going to live up to the hype. Niagara on the road, opening game, will be a tough test. UCONN is a must-win as it's the home opener against a cupcake on homecoming weekend. You win convincingly over a "name" school and the fans will come back. UVM is hurting, losing another player, and will struggle offensively, but any game at the Gutt is tough.

Go Warriors

Comment

Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
                              UVM is hurting, losing another player, and will struggle offensively, but any game at the Gutt is tough.

Go Warriors
                              huh?
                              Originally posted by Hokydad
                              Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Working...
                              X