Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2010 Ice Breaker Tournament Thread (BU, Wisconsin, Notre Dame, Holy Cross)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2010 Ice Breaker Tournament Thread (BU, Wisconsin, Notre Dame, Holy Cross)

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    I read the refs were CCHA, which is still east of WI, though not quite as far east as one would have thought. The CCHA plays pansy style like Hawky East, so it stil hurt UW.

Everything that I have read is the 2 non-goals late in the 3rd UW scored against BU were actually goals.
    you'd mix in well with the proletariat lowell fans.
    time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      I read the refs were CCHA, which is still east of WI, though not quite as far east as one would have thought. The CCHA plays pansy style like Hawky East, so it stil hurt UW.

Everything that I have read is the 2 non-goals late in the 3rd UW scored against BU were actually goals.
      Let me guess, everything you have read is the sour grapes postings of other Wisconsin fans?

Comment

Originally posted by IrishHockeyFan View Post
        Let me guess, everything you have read is the sour grapes postings of other Wisconsin fans?

If the BU announcers who evidently were pretty skeptical of the contact to the head penalty on Smith were closet Wisconsin fans, then yes.

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
          and make sure to tell them not to show replays during live play
          Anybody catch the clip they threw in the broadcast with the referees playing Pokeman when the Badgers called timeout toward the end of Friday's game. I thought it was hilarious, but just weird that would throw that in there out of the blue.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishHockeyFan View Post
            FWIW, on sports radio in Wisconsin they said there was video released of both non-goals, and that the Zengerle "kick in" appeared to be a goal and not directed in with a kicking motion because he never saw the puck, which I'll take a pass on because it's a judgment call and whatever the ref decides is usually fine, and that the slap shot that "hit the post" actually hit the back of the net, which is sort of unforgivable. I assume radio personalities aren't making up bald faced lies.
            Wisconsin Hockey: What're YOU looking at?

The number of times a poster posts per day is directly correlated with how dissatisfied he is with his relationship.

Comment

Originally posted by bigus View Post
              FWIW, on sports radio in Wisconsin they said there was video released of both non-goals, and that the Zengerle "kick in" appeared to be a goal and not directed in with a kicking motion because he never saw the puck, which I'll take a pass on because it's a judgment call and whatever the ref decides is usually fine, and that the slap shot that "hit the post" actually hit the back of the net, which is sort of unforgivable. I assume radio personalities aren't making up bald faced lies.
              Good to know the my, most of the people around me, and from the crowd's reaction- their eyes are all working fine. Maybe CCHA refs need expanded eyecare coverage in their health plans!

A comment on the replays/Wisconsin getting skrewed: With CCHA officiating crews and the CCHA requiring overhead replay capabilities in all their arenas (don't know about other conferences), plus the Scottrade Center having replay capabilities- idk why the NCAA doesn't require them to be used in a case like the tournament games.

I think it was a good tournament overall. The Friday-Saturday schedule was a little strange and from the comments online (this board and others) hard for people traveling to the tournament for the weekend. With the crowd size and Blues Home/Season Opener on Saturday it would have been better to hold things at the 10,000-seat Family Arena in suburban St. Charles. then 4,000-6,000 looks good, compared to that amount in a 19,000-seat building.

Comment

It's early in the season, but the two missed goals by the refs could have an impact later on...

So, for the record; here's the story:
                WI vs BU
                Chuck Norris wishes he could play Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by 2006 Champs View Post
                  It's early in the season, but the two missed goals by the refs could have an impact later on...

WI vs BU
                  the 'crossbar' was a goal. the kick was not a goal. i don't buy julie saying that because millan got a piece of it, that should be a goal since it wasn't kicked in. if it is kicked towards the net and goes in...it goes in because it was kicked towards the goal. if a goalie tries to stop it and doesn't, it was still ------ kicked in!
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    the 'crossbar' was a goal. the kick was not a goal. i don't buy julie saying that because millan got a piece of it, that should be a goal since it wasn't kicked in. if it is kicked towards the net and goes in...it goes in because it was kicked towards the goal. if a goalie tries to stop it and doesn't, it was still ------ kicked in!
                    Agree with you on both of those, also the one UML "scored" in the 2009 HE Championship... still not a goal (I preffered the old smilies)

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                      (I preffered the old smilies)
                      No kidding. I can't even tell what these ones are doing. < How are you supposed to tell he's winking? < Is he supposed to be blushing? I DON'T HAVE A MAGNIFYING GLASS.
                      Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by 2006 Champs View Post

WI vs BU
                        Agree that the "crossbar" shot was a goal. I still marvel how 4 guys, all within 50 or 60 feet of the net (and often one or two are quite a bit closer) who are trained and 2 of whom are instructed to keep their eyes on the puck all the time -- even blowing the play dead if the "lose sight of the puck" can miss so obvious a goal. My bad to think it was just sour grapes when in reality it was a bad call. Some nits with the blogger factually though. The CCHA DOES use replay, and hits from behind have been liable to be penalized with GMs for longer than just this season, and Johns was thrown out in the final period Friday, not the first. Are we on season 2 or 3 now of more stringent enforcement for hitting from behind? It's been a while now. As for the other goal in question, I agree that the officials made a proper judgment call.
                        Last edited by IrishHockeyFan; 10-13-2010, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X