Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats '10-'11

Originally posted by ZYanksRule View Post
    I'll take a stab, Mark. Yale is just better right now. They were the No. 1 team in the country for a reason earlier this year. QU's not at that level right now. Very few teams are at Yale's level right now. There are some very big teams that are not at Yale's level this year.

We all dislike Yale for the obvious reasons, but I wholeheartedly hope they win the National Championship this year and give our league some good recognition. We all know the league could use an entrant into the Frozen 4.
    I'll give you guys one thing, you kicked Yales butts physically in the first, this was actually the first time this year that I have seen Yale, respond to physicality by scoring instead of shying away from the corners. The second short handed goal was a killer, the first goal was a screened shot that the goalie had no chance on. I watched the laser from Martin that no one saw go in and remarked to a QU fan next to me that it went in and he agreed. Great crowd at the bank, the kids were there for the event, not the game.
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

Comment

Overall not a very good weekend. The Yale game needs no further explanation, but last night's Brown game was a shocker. We were lucky to end up with the tie. After dominating during the 1st in what looked like a possible blowout, we let the Bears back into the game with some sloppy play and untimely penalties in the 2nd.

With a game in hand, Brown can push us out of the top 8 by winning out. Next weekends games are hugely important if we want home ice, and the capital district might be the toughest road trip of the year.

I'm cautiously optimistic that we'll be back at the Bank for at least 2 more games this season.
      Quinnipiac Bobcats
      2023 National Champions
      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
      ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
      East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
      Northeast Regional:
      West Regional: 2015, 2021
      Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
      Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Disappointing weekend. If QU falls into the bottom four... this would be the first time since the inaugural ECAC season that they didn't host a first round playoff series correct?

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
          Overall not a very good weekend. The Yale game needs no further explanation, but last night's Brown game was a shocker. We were lucky to end up with the tie. After dominating during the 1st in what looked like a possible blowout, we let the Bears back into the game with some sloppy play and untimely penalties in the 2nd.

With a game in hand, Brown can push us out of the top 8 by winning out. Next weekends games are hugely important if we want home ice, and the capital district might be the toughest road trip of the year.

I'm cautiously optimistic that we'll be back at the Bank for at least 2 more games this season.
          And we are cautiously optimistic that we will be visiting you guys and not Clarkson whom we are 0-3 against this year.

Brown can suck the life out of any team.

We got a nice win against RPI but got our butts kicked against Union. It is interesting to note that the two top teams in the league are both very, very good....but, in very different ways. Union grinds games out, wears you down, is big and can be physical whereas Ylae is just outright fast and talented. The trend I don't like heading into the NCAA's for Ylae is the amount of goals they have given up in some games. Using Princeton as an example........had that been a WCHA team or BC they could lose one of those 8-6 games again. Ylae has to tighten up if they have hopes of getting to the Frozen Four.
          The scary thing about Union is........take a look at their roster. They lose a few key seniors but Kinkaid is only a sophomore, and they are loaded with underclassman. They are going to be a force for a few years to come in this league.

Up in Canton although we did well against RPI we were all musing how good they might have been if Pirri and D'Amigo didn't bolt after last season.

Will we see you at the Bank in two weeks?? Next weekend will tell. Joe Marsh gave our boys a real talking to after the Union game. According to the Watertown paper he had them in the locker room for a half hour after the game reading them the you know what. We can be very good at times but unfortunately those times have been in the minority.
          SLU

Comment

Huge weekend! The boys control their own destiny for home ice next week. A sweep in the capital district ensures we'll play at least 2 more at the Bank this season. Short of that, they need help from both Brown and SLU. Specifically, both need to get swept, or if we can manage 2 points, they each need a loss.

Tonight we face a very tough Union team in their barn. We played them tough a few weeks ago in Hamden but a costly turnover gave them the win in OT. I expect Union to come out on fire because they're playing for a regular season title. We will need to play one of our best games to have a chance in this one. A solid 60-minute effort and let the chips fall where they may.

Even though I'm the official Bobcat optimist, I can't bring myself to make any prediction on this one...

Go Q!
            Quinnipiac Bobcats
            2023 National Champions
            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
            Northeast Regional:

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
              Huge weekend! The boys control their own destiny for home ice next week. A sweep in the capital district ensures we'll play at least 2 more at the Bank this season. Short of that, they need help from both Brown and SLU. Specifically, both need to get swept, or if we can manage 2 points, they each need a loss.

Tonight we face a very tough Union team in their barn. We played them tough a few weeks ago in Hamden but a costly turnover gave them the win in OT. I expect Union to come out on fire because they're playing for a regular season title. We will need to play one of our best games to have a chance in this one. A solid 60-minute effort and let the chips fall where they may.

Even though I'm the official Bobcat optimist, I can't bring myself to make any prediction on this one...

Go Q!
              Hey Eagle, Good luck to the Q this weekend. I know the boys have hit a rough patch the last few weekends and, on one hand, it looks like a tough assignment playing these two teams on the road right now. On the other hand, playing these two teams right now may be a good test for the Bobcats leading into tournament play. Enjoy the games and your weekend.
              sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

Go Quinnipiac, beat Union!

Comment

Originally posted by licwinko View Post
                  Go Quinnipiac, beat Union!
                  Mildly makes me want to lose...I kid. Go Q! Let's take 2 and grab some home ice. I'll be at Ingalls tonight getting my live hockey fix. Decided against heading up to Capital District this weekend as they already have 10 inches on the ground near Achilles.

Comment

Originally posted by allnightwong View Post
                    Mildly makes me want to lose...
                    I only have the purest of intentions.

Enjoy the game tonigh. Hopefully it won't be very exciting.

Comment

A huge point tonight with the tie against Union. With the exception of the first half of the 2nd period, it looked like we skated fairly even with the Dutchmen. Clarke got the start in net and other than giving up a blast from the top of the circle looked pretty good, especially in the 3rd and OT where he held his ground. Brooks Robinson got his first collegiate goal and Dunbar netted a beauty to tie it.

We haven't secured home ice yet. A point (or 2!) tomorrow or a Brown loss will clinch it. It all comes down to the last 60 (or maybe 65) minutes of the season!
                      Quinnipiac Bobcats
                      2023 National Champions
                      Northeast Regional:

Comment

Two words: Go Q!
                        Quinnipiac Bobcats
                        2023 National Champions
                        Northeast Regional:

Comment

How about a win, or a tie, by Colgate...

Comment

Originally posted by QUBobcats70 View Post
                            How about a win, or a tie, by Colgate...
                            That'll help!
                            Quinnipiac Bobcats
                            2023 National Champions
                            Northeast Regional:

Comment

First round home ice! Looks like we'll see Brown next weekend at the Bank!
                              Quinnipiac Bobcats
                              2023 National Champions
                              Northeast Regional:

Comment

Heck of an effort this weekend by the Bobcats.

Brown is a tough draw, but I'm glad we're at home. Let's keep our undefeated first round series streak in tact!
                                QUINNIPIAC BOBCATS
                                MAAC Regular Season Champions: 1999, 2000
                                MAAC Tournament Champions: 2002
                                Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions: 2005
                                ECAC Hockey Final Four: 2007

Comment

Working...
                                X