Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2010 Kendall Hockey Classic Thread (UAA, UAF, UND, & AF)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2010 Kendall Hockey Classic Thread (UAA, UAF, UND, & AF)

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
    Does the Sullivan generally sell out? Can I generally walk up and buy a ticket, or should I phone ahead?
    Sadly, you shouldn't have to worry about it. There was a time when the joint sold out every game (plus a season ticket cable package was started due to the long waiting list for season tickets).

Losing seasons and a mean spirited newspaper editor who appears to hate the team don't help bring in the fans.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
      Sadly, you shouldn't have to worry about it. There was a time when the joint sold out every game (plus a season ticket cable package was started due to the long waiting list for season tickets).

Losing seasons and a mean spirited newspaper editor who appears to hate the team don't help bring in the fans.
      Yeah, Tech's in the same boat. Didn't even bring in 2000 for Senior Night last season

That giant "UAA picked to finish 11th" headline in the ADN sure was disheartening. Seems like something you'd wanna slip onto one of the back pages, but no.
      Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
        AF has more fans than players this year
        Except on this board.
        2010-2011 Atlantic Hockey Pick 'Em Champion!
        2013 Atlantic Hockey Postseason Pick 'Em Champion!
        Air Force Falcons
        2007 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA West Regional
        2008 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA Northeast Regional
        2009 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA East Regional Final
        2011 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA East Regional
        2012 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA Northeast Regional

Comment

Originally posted by AFHockeyFan View Post
          We like black sheep. Druggies too, evidently. It's all good.

Impressed that UND has more Yanks than Canucks on the roster this year. That's actually better than a few AHA teams.
          You must be VERY impressed with our program over the past 12 years then as only once in that time frame have we had more Canadians than Americans.
          North Dakota
          National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

That giant "UAA picked to finish 11th" headline in the ADN sure was disheartening. Seems like something you'd wanna slip onto one of the back pages, but no.
            Yeah Woody is a dbag, that's why we have the blog.
            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Just wanted to wish all the teams a great weekend of hockey. Go Seawolves!

Comment

I agree about woody. He's awful. Anyway, only 2 days til puck drop.
                Last edited by seawolfpunk; 10-06-2010, 11:17 PM.
                Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Yeah, Tech's in the same boat. Didn't even bring in 2000 for Senior Night last season

I heard the writer that covers the Huskies isn't as negative as Doyle Woody is. You should be thankful for that.
                  I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

And gci screws us again. Anyone try to catch the coaches show?
                    Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
                      And gci screws us again. Anyone try to catch the coaches show?
                      Just tuned in to channel 1, no sound. Nothing but commercials. Did they show ANY of the coaches show?

It's on now, at 8:24.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

They showed up a bout 10 min of it.

Comment

Does the Sullivan generally sell out? Can I generally walk up and buy a ticket, or should I phone ahead?
                          HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
                          All that was left, then, was for the Nanooks to celebrate with their fans. And for the Seawolves to get one last earful of the rowdies from Fairbanks.

"I've got a lot of expletives I'd like to use,'' Fournier said, slumped in his locker room stall. "It's very embarrassing when you're playing on your home ice and they have more fans and they're louder.

"We might as well have played the games in Fairbanks.''

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                            You must be VERY impressed with our program over the past 12 years then as only once in that time frame have we had more Canadians than Americans.

I am VERY impressed that you keep track. Obviously, you think it's important, too!
                            2010-2011 Atlantic Hockey Pick 'Em Champion!
                            2013 Atlantic Hockey Postseason Pick 'Em Champion!
                            Air Force Falcons
                            2007 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA West Regional
                            2008 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA Northeast Regional
                            2009 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA East Regional Final
                            2011 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA East Regional
                            2012 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA Northeast Regional

Comment

Originally posted by AFHockeyFan View Post
                              I am VERY impressed that you keep track. Obviously, you think it's important, too!
                              He keeps meticulous records. He prints them out on this beautiful glossy paper, has it professional binded and distributes them at the first home series of the season. It's really quite impressive.

Sioux easily win two. MacWilliam kills a moose with his bare hands. MMFF throws it into the Sourdough Mining Co. Dusty brings it home to his shack. Dusty names the moose Sue, puts it in a dress and dances the Charleston. Dusty and Sue put in application to appear on Alaska's Dancing with the Stars. Much like UAA's WCHA application should have been, Dusty and Sue are turned down. Dusty blames Sue for them being rejected and asks for a divorce. Sue, who for some reason is alive now, agrees to the divorce and takes half of his crap including the Sourdough Mining Co.'s recipe for their World Famous Korn Fritters. Dusty soon realizes what a mistake he's made and ask Sue to come back. Sue though has moved on and moved forward by moving to civilization.
                              Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                              when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                                He keeps meticulous records. He prints them out on this beautiful glossy paper, has it professional binded and distributes them at the first home series of the season. It's really quite impressive.
                                Rap sheets?

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                                Sue though has moved on and moved forward by moving to civilization.
                                She’s not going to North Dakota then……..
                                Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                                UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Working...
                                X