Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010-11: Houston, We've had a Facelift!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010-11: Houston, We've had a Facelift!

I'm surprised no one else took notice of Red Cloud's return a bunch of posts back. Was it really him? I hope he will be back despite his apparent farewell remarks.

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
      Stop it. As a coach, you're not supposed to show up the refs. By showing the video, that's exactly what Appert did. It's perfectly reasonable for Schott to ask Appert if there was a line of reasoning or fear of repercussions for his actions.

Also, please stop posting the same thing in three different threads. All of us are reading all of the threads where this discussion is happening. There's no need to post the same inflammatory comments multiple times.
      I'll do what I want. Perfectly legitimate for Appert to show that. I don't appreciate the thread police routine either. I'm going to give you a lesson for free. You have to defend yourself and that's what Coach is doing. Second lesson, there is free speech in this country and I can post when, where I want. I have not used vulgarity or been unkind to you, so knock off the holier than thou stuff.
      Last edited by AspyDad; 11-13-2010, 12:22 PM.
      "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad
        I'll do what I want. Perfectly legitimate for Appert to show that. I don't appreciate the thread nazi routine either.
        Guys, in the last two years I have sat throught a handful of frustrating games, last night was the worst.
        Lets not take it out on each other. Focus that anger on Union the refs and the rest of the season.
        I can see the refs missing a call, but a call that doesn't exist is just wrong. And no one in authority will say anything about it. Also, just wrong.
        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
        Benjamin Franklin
        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
        Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
          I'll do what I want. Perfectly legitimate for Appert to show that. I don't appreciate the thread police routine either. I'm going to give you a lesson for free. You have to defend yourself and that's what Coach is doing. Second lesson, there is free speech in this country and I can post when, where I want. I have not used vulgarity or been unkind to you, so knock off the holier than thou stuff.
          I agree that what Appert did was what the right thing in his situation. I would have done the same thing. But, Schott wasn't being overly homer-esque. And, I wouldn't be surprised if Appert gets some kind of reprimand from the league offices.

I'm not trying to be "holier than thou", I'm just stating that it's frustrating to read. It's not a matter of free speech, it's a matter of common courtesy. And, I never said you were being vulgar; I just think you're being inflammatory.
          Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

I'm good with B12, I hope he is the same with me. He has his opinion, I have mine. I follow First Church of RPI commandments. Ready for a barnburner tonight. Let's rock the old barn tonight. Thanks for the curtosity reminder EHF, I don't want to turn into that other Dad, Hoky that is.
            "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

B12, Peace. I thought that it was odd that Ken starts out with the boy you could get in trouble routine. He should have said let's review the tape. Facts are stubborn. Journalist are suppose to get to the facts. Ken pays the bills by covering Union, understood. I heard him on the radio say that Tute is having trouble scoring, yes I agree but failed to mention so is Union. I'm defending our great coach and let me say this and I mean it. Appert can bring us back to the promise land. I remember 85, it was special and I believe he can replicate. Again, I wish you well B12 and peace. It has been a long time since we have had a passionate coach behind the pine and we have it now. Have a nice day.

Comment

Just came home. Here's Part II: http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...mbered-10-to-6. If there are complaints, I'll delete it.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                  I agree that what Appert did was what the right thing in his situation. I would have done the same thing. But, Schott wasn't being overly homer-esque. And, I wouldn't be surprised if Appert gets some kind of reprimand from the league offices.
                  But I thought you said "Stop it. As a coach, you're not supposed to show up the refs. By showing the video, that's exactly what Appert did. It's perfectly reasonable for Schott to ask Appert if there was a line of reasoning or fear of repercussions for his actions."

Can't have it both ways. No issues, just wear black tonight.

Comment

Although I love the freedom to express and vent and the last two games have been disappointing from an integrity stand point-I think John Kennedy said it best in his post game interview (I have a ton of respect for Kennedy-as a player and person and leader of this team!)-paraphrasing here-we can't dwell on it-we need to move on. Me talking again I have faith in this team and the best way to respond is in the game tonight. I hope the refs do their job tonight and call it as it is. Hopefully the coaches and team have put this behind them and are focusing on the game tonight.

Comment

We should get the Cornell coach to argue our case. He seems to have good luck getting seventeen penalties (was it four five on threes ?) the next game. See you tonite.

Comment

Let's try again.

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        Just came home. Here's Part II: http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...mbered-10-to-6. If there are complaints, I'll delete it.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I don't know why there are complaints about questions from a reporter. I am not going to form an opinion on this matter, but I will say, if you don't like what is being said, make a statement by not reading the paper. If you like what reporters say, read their work. Simple.

Am I ticked about what happen? Sure. I do also feel that it's only two points, and we should look towards getting two points tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                            ....that's more than I got in reply to my e-mail last night, "thankyou for your e-mail and your interest in ECAC hockey". With far too many games being ruined by very poor officiating I'm afraid my "interest in ECAC hockey" is beginning to wane.
                            Last year after the Army game I got this from Paul Stewart:
                            "Our training Camp was at RPI this past fall.
                            Next year, you are welcome to try out...we are always looking to better the staff...thank you"

Comment

New thread http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...mbered-10-to-6

This thread is closed.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                              X