Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010-11: Houston, We've had a Facelift!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010-11: Houston, We've had a Facelift!

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
    Well, I haven't posted in a while. This is a special occasion, though. I probably won't be back.
    Exceptional circumstances have brought me back for one night only.
    A legend has past in our midst. I kinda feel like I did when Bobby Orr retired. Celebration of what had been and diappointment on what could have been. Talents like RC only come around once in a generation. Farewell, Good Friend. Thanks for the memories.
    "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

The WRPI guys thought the reason for the goal being waived off was for player in the crease, dont remember a mention of goaltender interference. Kinkaids words from the post game press conference when asked if he was interferred with "I couldnt tell you honestly, it was all a blur over there." Sucks but I guess its time to move on. Tonights game should be really good! Exactly why I wanna see the scheduling changed so that teams play the same team on consecutive nights during league play.

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
        A legend has past in our midst. I kinda feel like I did when Bobby Orr retired. Celebration of what had been and diappointment on what could have been. Talents like RC only come around once in a generation. Farewell, Good Friend. Thanks for the memories.
        Driven away by the ECAC I say. Next up Coach Appert.
        Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
          Driven away by the ECAC I say. Next up Coach Appert.
          Good point. It really is time to think about HE. Hagwell will never change.
          "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Appert was right about showing video of goal. If Kenny doesn't want to see the video that speaks to his journalistic integrity. The question in my mind is not whether Appert can or should show video. It is whether the right call was made. Ken, facts are stubborn things.

Comment

And I thought the treatment I get from RPI's mall cops is bad....

Let's get a win tonight, and if we get hosed again, I have a feeling some drastic changes will be made to RPI's program.

Comment

Anybody know where there is a clip of the disallowed goal?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post

Let's get a win tonight, and if we get hosed again, I have a feeling some drastic changes will be made to RPI's program.
                  Agree with you on the Mall cop crap. I have never seen a bigger tool in a uniform than that 20 something rent a cop that sat with the RPI fans in section 4/5 at a college hockey game. Cops like him is why I sometimes route for the Bad guys.
                  I feel we always get the worst of the officiating at Union. Someone should pull up the video of York getting run over 2 years ago as Union fired in the winning goal.
                  I doubt RPI would switch leagues over officiating.

Comment

The gazette has the presser with your coach where he shows the reporter from the Gazette the disallowed goal. Personally i didn't see anything that could be called. The refs need to do a better job tonight managing the game. ECAC hockey refs are worse than SEC refs.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post

I suspect the results of Apperts actions will have a dramatic effect but I wouldn`t bet a penny on weather it will be positive or negative. To date the only coach I have seen publicly call out the refs and then get the exact results he wanted resides in Ihaca.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        That was my point.

I should be the last one to complain about typos, but they also managed to duplicate the paragraphs about two of the players.

All five are well worthy of the honor. Interestingly, Brinkworth was the only one that I didn't follow since he graduated the year before I arrived in Troy. Hopefully, RPI gets several more members of in the top 50. Oates, Juneau, and Laing at a minimum.

This figures to be an interesting list. When I think of all-time ECAC defensemen, Brian Mueller, doesn't jump to the head of the list.
                        Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

From all reported information and the review of the video of RPI's last second goal I thought Leaman's remark about Appert in the TU article was classless.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            Being that we should put Friday's game behind us, I ask the all-important question about whether we should start Part II when this thread reaches 1000 replies or just continue here? USCHO hasn't been closing threads since the "upgrade". If we start a new thread, are there any title suggestions?
                            My vote is for a new thread.
                            Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                            RPI 2010-2011: Part II-We Could Win Without Waved Off Goals!
                            Something like this, but not exactly... I think this just puts too much emphasis on recent history.
                            Originally posted by IMO View Post
                            From all reported information and the review of the video of RPI's last second goal I thought Leaman's remark about Appert in the TU article was classless.
                            For those that are curious, the article and the quote:
                            Originally posted by Nate Leaman
                            I thought there was a lot of bumping of the goalies tonight at both ends of the ice. That's not the game. He (Appert) wants that call to be the game. That's what he wants to sell to his team. That's fine.
                            My only question for Coach Leaman is, "If there was a lot of bumping of the goalies, then why was nothing called until there were 7 seconds left?" And, Kincaid didn't end up sideways. He ended up on his knees, distraught that he had just given up the tying goal. It's a load of crap.

I think the most recent critical calls that I've seen that have been called correctly are the goal by a Vermont lady being disallowed on Sat Oct 9 because she batted it in with her hand and Harvard's tying goal on Sat Jan 23. I don't like to admit it, because the net was coming off its moorings, but the correct call was made. There have been so many other calls which have been incorrect, that they're too numerous to count or detail out. So incredibly frustrating.
                            Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by olmerd View Post
                              Here's the best I ever got from that address:

"With regard to on-ice officiating, evaluation and oversight of the on-ice
                              officials is a constant process. The League staff constantly is exploring
                              all facets to elevate the standard of officiating. This process includes
                              in-person evaluation, review of video, comments and feedback from coaches,
                              etc."

I love the "feedback from coaches" item.
                              ....that's more than I got in reply to my e-mail last night, "thankyou for your e-mail and your interest in ECAC hockey". With far too many games being ruined by very poor officiating I'm afraid my "interest in ECAC hockey" is beginning to wane.
                              Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                                ....that's more than I got in reply to my e-mail last night, "thankyou for your e-mail and your interest in ECAC hockey". With far too many games being ruined by very poor officiating I'm afraid my "interest in ECAC hockey" is beginning to wane.
                                O don't worry, mine started the same way:
                                We appreciate your passion for college hockey, and interest in ECAC Hockey.
                                Maybe I got more because I called him out that the League is driving away top talent with the shenanigans of the referees.
                                We, like you, want to see ECAC Hockey attract top-flight student-athletes,
                                and strive to do what we can to assist our member institutions in attaining
                                that objective.
                                Last edited by olmerd; 11-13-2010, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X