This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2010 - 2011

For some reason, I am very confident about playing PC. Probably because Maine lost two at BC the last time they played. i think the team will be on a mission. No reason not to play Sullivan for the first game (as far as we know). The next game depends somewhat on the outcome of Friday's game.

Comment

Anyone headed down to the coffin?

Comment

Originally posted by MaineMan View Post
        Does Sullivan get both starts this weekend? Could we possibly see Ouellette? No disrespect to the Friars but this wouldn't be a bad weekend to give another tender some game time.
        I think you'll see Sullivan for sure on Friday and I would not be surprised to see Ouellette on Saturday....just a gut feeling but I think we see Ouellette at least once before the Christmas break...either vs PC or UMass....and I don't think it would be disrespecting the PC team if Ouellette played,he's a young and coming goalie,watch and see.....good things are in store for #51. {imo}.

Comment

Originally posted by lkenney View Post
          Anyone headed down to the coffin?
          unlike the timmy apologists, I will be there cheering them on, and letting Grav and Hanson know what they missed.

I will also be wondering why the D cannot pass as well as Bishop could, but I will not be yelling at the players, it is my firm belief that they are doing what they are told to do, and avoiding getting benched.

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
            unlike the timmy apologists, I will be there cheering them on, and letting Grav and Hanson know what they missed.

I will also be wondering why the D cannot pass as well as Bishop could, but I will not be yelling at the players, it is my firm belief that they are doing what they are told to do, and avoiding getting benched.
            As one of the lead apologists have no idea what you are intimating. Many of us were at both BC games, and I know several who will be at PC. Unfortunately I will not be able to visit Federal Hill for pasta this time around as we have a friends Christmas party to attend Saturday. Hate how life and friends get in the way of hockey!

Comment

Agreed. Bounce back weekend. Sully starts Fri.

Comment

Looks like some potential line changes in store for the weekend as well as possible changes in goal

http://www.pressherald.com/blogs/lenzi/111139439.html

http://new.bangordailynews.com/2010/...job-wide-open/
                Last edited by Maine Event; 12-01-2010, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Providence is unbeaten at home, Eek.

For his career, Beaudry is 1-2-1 against Maine with a GAA a hair under 2.00 (he's allowed exactly 2 goals in all 4 starts with an OT in there). Save percentage: .945

Need to play to win both games but would be nice to see a goaltending split, depending on Friday's results. On Sullivan, he's done the job mostly but I just don't see how a guy with an .885 save percentage is locked into anything.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                  43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                  104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                  3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by Maine Event View Post
                    Looks like some potential line changes in store for the weekend as well as possible changes in goal

Hopefully we can win some faceoffs during our penalty kill. Too many goals scored this year when Maine looses the faceoff clean.......

Comment

Originally posted by fiqure8 View Post
                      Hopefully we can win some faceoffs during our penalty kill. Too many goals scored this year when Maine looses the faceoff clean.......
                      yeah, but look at all those frozen fours.

it is bizzarre that the "tie up the opposing center so the winger can skate away with the puck" that worked BEFORE Maine went to BC, and clearly Jerry watched game films... was STILL being used after BC wingers tied up the Maine wing and the other BC wing kept skating away with the puck

I mean, if it ain't working when do you fix it?

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                        Sandie
                        In case you hadn't read it, sounds like good news for your pet project
                        http://www.bangordailynews.com/story...nfident,160325
                        I read the article,thanks for the link...

But what I would like to know is how do they expect to fill the place up regularly,especially with no ice?(Maybe I missed something.)

Comment

I'll bet Diamond plays but it doesn't sound good if he isn't skating during practice
                          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Maine Event View Post

I interpret this as Sullivan has lost what advantage he had over the other two goal tenders. I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see two goal tenders this weekend (maybe 3).

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                              I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see two goal tenders this weekend (maybe 3).
                              ?
                              Me: ...but why would anyone want to vacation here? There are better mountains in NH and VT, beaches in Cape Cod and RI, and colonial landmarks in Mass and CT.

Boss: You've got it all wrong. It's Vacationland because nobody would ever want to live here for more than a week.

Go MAINE! My sometimes home

Comment

Two brothers will be facing each other tonight. Ian and Brice O'Connor. Larry's article today.

http://new.bangordailynews.com/2010/...le-on-the-ice/

Comment

Working...
                                X