This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2010 - 2011

Here's Mahoneys column http://new.bangordailynews.com/2010/...need-to-panic/

I guess a week off will do them good, hopefully another good goalie(beaudry) doesn't keep them in this scoring funk
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

We will be all right. Lots of fire power up front and the most important game to win is always the last one.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
        I'd go to any regional in bangor whether Maine was there or not. But it ain't going to happen, we all know it
        No, it isn't......because the new arena will only seat 5,800 for hockey and more importantly will not have ice.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
          In reality, Bangor is probably too, far away. More travel costs for both teams and fans don't make it very attractive. Even though I think the arena would be filled, unlike Albany.
          I don't by this "too far away" thing at all. There's these new things called airplanes and cars.......it's always a drive or a flight for someone. No one seems to be drawing well these days no matter where the Regional is held. Unfortunately, the argument is moot anyway as it concerns Bangor since the facility will be inadequate to host hockey games. Why do I get the distinct feeling that some don't want a Regional or anything else in Bangor??? Almost as if they are afraid that if something is held there and is successful then the flood gates will open and Maine will finally be "in the loop".....???

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
            Almost as if they are afraid that if something is held there and is successful then the flood gates will open and Maine will finally be "in the loop".....???
            I'd bet that right now the place isn't going to be built, period. Their's a local petition drive going to make the City put it on the ballot. I doubt folks vote to raise their taxes.

Happy Thanksgiving to all

Comment

Anthoine has previous connections with Maine coaching staff. Larry features him today. He has done very well so far.

http://new.bangordailynews.com/2010/...es-for-umaine/

Happy Thanksgiving to all Maine hockey fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                Anthoine has previous connections with Maine coaching staff. Larry features him today. He has done very well so far.

http://new.bangordailynews.com/2010/...es-for-umaine/

Happy Thanksgiving to all Maine hockey fans.
                Thanx man...and yes, Happy Thanksgiving to you, yours and the best fanz in all of cawledge hawkey.
                I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

I'd bet that right now the place isn't going to be built, period. Their's a local petition drive going to make the City put it on the ballot. I doubt folks vote to raise their taxes.

Happy Thanksgiving to all
                  Good god........another negative nellie that thinks that this facility is being built on the backs of the Bangor taxpayer. Enough with the petition drives.......it's time for the majority to get their way.......for a change!

Comment

Good god........another negative nellie that thinks that this facility is being built on the backs of the Bangor taxpayer. Enough with the petition drives.......it's time for the majority to get their way.......for a change!
                    I'm not a Bangor resident so it isn't up to me. I don't think you are either so I doubt your opinion counts either. Who's back will it be built on anyway. Don't tell me slots, that place is history if they don't get table games like Oxford is going to have

Comment

I'm not a Bangor resident so it isn't up to me. I don't think you are either so I doubt your opinion counts either. Who's back will it be built on anyway. Don't tell me slots, that place is history if they don't get table games like Oxford is going to have
                      LOL........Did I say that my opinion counts? It is being built by Hollywood Slots revenue (which I have contributed to......much more than any Bangor taxpayer that hasn't gambled at Hollywood Slots!). HS is getting table games......guaranteed! Why are you so negative about everything?

P.S. - Stall ball may have worked for Bob Cimbolek at John Bapst........but it ain't gonna work this time! He needs to get a new hobby.

Comment

The city council will just pick the cash off the money tree they have growing out back.

Comment

happy thanksgiving.
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

LOL........Did I say that my opinion counts? It is being built by Hollywood Slots revenue (which I have contributed to......much more than any Bangor taxpayer that hasn't gambled at Hollywood Slots!). HS is getting table games......guaranteed! Why are you so negative about everything?

P.S. - Stall ball may have worked for Bob Cimbolek at John Bapst........but it ain't gonna work this time! He needs to get a new hobby.
                            The 10 million they have so far is a far cry from 50 or 60 million they need. Are they gonna wait until they have the 50 or 60 million or are they going to finance it?

Comment

The 10 million they have so far is a far cry from 50 or 60 million they need. Are they gonna wait until they have the 50 or 60 million or are they going to finance it?
                              Finance it. I hear that rates are pretty good right now.

Comment

Finance it. I hear that rates are pretty good right now.
                                That means the taxpayers are going to take a hit, we'll see what happens in the next few months

Comment

Working...
                                X