X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2010 - 2011

Originally posted by walrus View Post
    Their were much higher expectations for Dee. He was a stud in Minnesota. We finally saw that last year with Dee. Abbott is completely out of the blue for me.
    Too me it is all hype! We heard more accolades on Dee than Nyquist! Then again Dee suffered through injuries for 2 years in the USHL, and we all had high expectations. We saw some potential last year, and this year he has developed even more. I saw some great videos on Abbot, and he showed some signs last year, but his start this year is really opening eyes! Good for him!

Comment

Originally posted by BobF View Post
      Good for him!
      Good for us also
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Their were much higher expectations for Dee. He was a stud in Minnesota. We finally saw that last year with Dee. Abbott is completely out of the blue for me.
        iirc, dee was a linemate of blake wheeler's while at breck h.s. the effects of playing on a line with someone of wheeler's caliber may have resulted in some inflated expectations... i think it took dee a little bit of time to figure it out in regards to not being on the go to line, playing with the best talent, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
          iirc, dee was a linemate of blake wheeler's while at breck h.s. the effects of playing on a line with someone of wheeler's caliber may have resulted in some inflated expectations... i think it took dee a little bit of time to figure it out in regards to not being on the go to line, playing with the best talent, etc.
          Dee's last year in high school he lead the league in goals without Wheeler on his team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsFan93 View Post
            Dee's last year in high school he lead the league in goals without Wheeler on his team.
            thanks.. was going from memory and for me, that's usually not a wise approach....

Comment

A reason to bump the thread...

Abbott named Hockey East Player of the Week for October
              http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/...11/nov2mpm.php
              Spence
              Just Awesome !! keep it up ! Amazing that he has great vision to make plays and great anticipation !! Huge Fan !! Sliiiiiick !

Comment

You guys see many more games than I do,but I'm kinda surprised to hear that nobody thought much of Abbott until this year.I remember seeing him during a dismal weekend at UMass two years back,and he was the only Freshman (aside from Goose) who I thought had anything like vintage Maine hands.And The Warden actually agreed with me..!(That doesn't happen every day,ya know.)

Going out on a limb a little here,but I think he has NHL-level talent.

Comment

Not sure but he has been dinged up alot so that doesn't help either. He has a great shot and can put the puck on net when he gets a chance.

Also alot of Minnesota fans were pretty disappointed when he committed to Maine
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Congrats to Spencer for getting Player of the Month! that should help put his confidence over the top!!! He has always had amazing hands, shot and vision and just needed to get his confidence to start shooting and taking the puck to the net! I think now that they moved him to the first line they might do some real damage!

Comment

Originally posted by Sweeper View Post
                      Congrats to Spencer for getting Player of the Month! that should help put his confidence over the top!!! He has always had amazing hands, shot and vision and just needed to get his confidence to start shooting and taking the puck to the net! I think now that they moved him to the first line they might do some real damage!
                      He's noticeably faster this year, especially compared to his freshman year. That helps a lot. It's great he's only a junior.

Comment

Originally posted by lkenney View Post
                        He's noticeably faster this year, especially compared to his freshman year. That helps a lot. It's great he's only a junior.
                        And with Nyquist returning for his senior year, Spence will continue to have someone who can get him the puck.
                        I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                          And with Nyquist returning for his senior year, Spence will continue to have someone who can get him the puck.
                          I don't know about that. Anyone else get the feeling that Kyle Beattie might step right into Gustav's shoes when he leaves?

Comment

Originally posted by MaineMan View Post
                            I don't know about that. Anyone else get the feeling that Kyle Beattie might step right into Gustav's shoes when he leaves?
                            Uh... no? It will be nice if Beattie continues to progress, but step into Goose's shoes? I don't see ANYBODY doing that. He's a unique talent.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                              You know, I think it's entirely possible that Detroit might be okay with him bulking up for another year before the pros. Not probable, but definitely possible.

Comment

Originally posted by lkenney View Post
                                Uh... no? It will be nice if Beattie continues to progress, but step into Goose's shoes? I don't see ANYBODY doing that. He's a unique talent.
                                I was waiting for someone else to say it

Nothing against Beattie, but . . . wow.
                                1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Working...
                                X