X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2010 - 2011

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    Everyone can relax now. No less an expert than Senator Susan Collins guaranteed an NCAA Championship for the Maine hockey team, so it's all set.

Edit: And you guys are going to love the new lines!
    I wonder if he really would break them ALL up already. And if so, who moves where?

Nyquist - Dee - Abbott

Diamond - House - Flynn

?
    Last edited by lkenney; 10-20-2010, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lkenney View Post
      I wonder if he really would break them ALL up already. And if so, who moves where?

Nyquist - Dee - Abbott

Diamond - House - Flynn

?
      Abbott - House - Nyquist
      Flynn - Dee - Diamond

Comment

I really really hope he does not break up the lines this weekend.

Comment

Everyone can relax now. No less an expert than Senator Susan Collins guaranteed an NCAA Championship for the Maine hockey team, so it's all set.

Edit: And you guys are going to love the new lines!
          Timmays new lines:

Protect the goalie
          Stay disciplined
          Dont forcheck too hard

oh wait, those are his old lines
          I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by lkenney View Post

Nyquist - Dee - Abbott

Diamond - House - Flynn

?
            I would like to see Nyquist with Diamond. (I have a feeling Nyquist can play either wing)
            only diamond seems to know that there IS a front of the net, and Nyquist would benefit from a teammate getting some attention while he is on the ice.

Dee and Abbott have to stay together (if give and goes and chemistry mean ANYTHING to Tim)
            Last, the D has to stop worrying about penalties and take guys down out front.
            whitehead has to start to realize that refs are going to call about as many penalties on each team, and once one team has a lot more than the other, the worse offender is going to have to do incrementally worse infractions to get called, while the other team will do less and get called, just to even things up.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
              Timmays new lines:

Protect the goalie
              Stay disciplined
              Dont forcheck too hard

oh wait, those are his old lines
              those and "take the goalie's eyes away"
              by putting 3 or 4 players on the puck, nowhere near the crease.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                The Fighting Sioux have some impressive defensemen (big and strong). Their goal tending I think is somewhat vulnerable. Eidsness is a Jr. and may not be in top form yet. Their other tenders are sophomores. I'm hoping Maine has a little more quickness and will be pounding the net.
                If Hakstol sticks with the same rotation he used against UAA/UAF and BSU, then Eidsness will more than likely start on Friday/Dell on Saturday.

Dell has the better stats this season, but Eidsness is the more experienced goalie and will more than likely be the #1 goalie as the season progresses...unless he tanks or Dell plays very well.
                I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by tylerzx2002 View Post
                  Abbott - House - Nyquist
                  Flynn - Dee - Diamond
                  Ding!

Comment

Maine needs to get their pens and notepads out and take notes from their 1st game.

They didn't dominate that game offensively because of their opponent....they played a weak opponent the next night.

But the difference was....during the UConn game, they were really trying to force the issue, and complete designed plays a little too much.

Watch the 1st two goals (Dee and Shemansky) from the Lowell game. Great traffic, low outside shot, opportunistic pests hanging low waiting to bang home rebounds.

Then the Beattie and Diamond goals were fast breaks, no real setup....just great shots driving toward the net.

No playing around...no getting too deep in the playbook, 1 bad pass leading to a terrible turnover and odd-man-rush the other way. Just hard work and heavy pressure.
                    Being led to the promiseland by TIMMAY!!!

Comment

Ding!
                      why break up abbott and dee?
                      those 2 are the only 2 on the team who really know the others' tendencies.

what a surprise that he would break up that pair.

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
                        why break up abbott and dee?
                        those 2 are the only 2 on the team who really know the others' tendencies.

what a surprise that he would break up that pair.
                        Dee and Abbott are good together, no doubt. Can you say that Nyquist and Abbott would not be as good though? The top line needs a scorer, Abbott is becoming a terrific scorer. Dee and Abbott are both smart players and will play well with other lines as well.

Tim Whitehead is looking at Abbott's second goal from the Michigan State game and saying "**** that should happen more often." That is why you will see Abbott paired up with Nyquist.

Comment

Originally posted by MaineMan View Post
                          Dee and Abbott are good together, no doubt. Can you say that Nyquist and Abbott would not be as good though? The top line needs a scorer, Abbott is becoming a terrific scorer. Dee and Abbott are both smart players and will play well with other lines as well.

Tim Whitehead is looking at Abbott's second goal from the Michigan State game and saying "**** that should happen more often." That is why you will see Abbott paired up with Nyquist.
                          I agree, and I also agree that Tim is looking at that second goal and nothing else.
                          This leaves Dee out to dry with nobody to work with.
                          Dee is not Greg Moore and, while he is one of the best players on the team, he is not scoring goals all by himself. His skill is in his ability to be a great teammate.

who knows. Flynn has great hands for catching good and bad passes, maybe he will work just as well with Dee as Abbott did.
                          see what happens on Dee's first and second drop passes and attempted give and gos on Friday.

Comment

According to Rachel Lenzi's blog, Shemansky may be a healthy scratch on Friday, and we may see Corkum in his first real game.

Comment

Ding!
                              we gonna see you at the Homecoming festivities?
                              need a ride?

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
                                we gonna see you at the Homecoming festivities?
                                need a ride?
                                Wasn't Homecoming last weekend?

Comment

Working...
                                X