This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2010 - 2011

I feel weird saying this but.......why is everyone so worried after last weekend's play?

Yeah, the UConn tie was a stinker........but it could have easily been a blowout in favor of Maine. The way that I look at it........Maine now has the horses to win high scoring games. How many times have we been able to say that under Whitehead? I'll be more concerned if they don't play well vs. Michigan State and get swept........but this team looks like they will be in every game.

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post

Yeah, the UConn tie was a stinker........but it could have easily been a blowout in favor of Maine. .
      Coulda, shoulda, woulda but didn't. They looked like the last 3 years, shooting wide, high and making the goalie look like Ken Dryden. My biggest problem with the tie is at the end of the year and PWR
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

I feel weird saying this but.......why is everyone so worried after last weekend's play?
        I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by umainesuperfan View Post
          "I go in expecting that Sirman will start Thursday, and that it is his job to lose Friday. In other words, if he plays a good or better game Thursday, then we test his ability to play two nights in a row. These games are important ones early for our eventual OOC, Road, and TUC rankings in the Pairwise. Send the message to Shawn that "If you want to be our guy....BE IT!""

Honestly, Sirman already won the job, and i think it will take more than one sub par game to lose it permanently. I can envision a scenario where he doesn't get the start on friday night if he plays poorly thursday however.

I personally thought that his movement was much better last friday night, however i am still concerned with his rebound control. something to work on, but he's made great strides since last year IMO, and with his junior pedigree it's hard to envision a scenario where he doesn't continue to grow, being pushed by ouellette (not impressed at all by sullivan, who i see as the definitive #3).
          Never talked about anything permanent.

What I mean to say is...some semblence of a rotation is the expectation...but a question is: who is going to be our big gamer? Rather than plan on playing two goalies this weekend, if Sirman plays a top notch game...see if he holds up in back to back big games.
          Being led to the promiseland by TIMMAY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pucknut View Post
            I would agree with your D selections except O'Connor, Hegarty will be ready and should play in that spot. O'Connor made a rookie mistake against U-Conn resulting in a goal.
            well, if that is the criterion that matters, vanDyk shouldn't play at all.

how many times did he pass the puck right to opponents this past weekend? in his own end and in the neutral zone?

and four games ago, he made a doozie of a rookie mistake. (4 games, including the Acadia game)

I think that OConnor has an infinitely better upside than Hegarty and possibly better than everyone except ONeill, Wil has talent, but Will needs to learn to pass and to get shots on net.

Comment

record against common opponents
              we have seen this inability to motivate before

who left his screen logged on and let you type?

Comment

Maine Coach Tim Whitehead said this afternoon that junior defenseman Ryan Hegarty (ankle) will be available for the Michigan St. series.

The team is staying over in Portland and will catch a flight to MI in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
                  well, if that is the criterion that matters, vanDyk shouldn't play at all.

how many times did he pass the puck right to opponents this past weekend? in his own end and in the neutral zone?

and four games ago, he made a doozie of a rookie mistake. (4 games, including the Acadia game)

I think that OConnor has an infinitely better upside than Hegarty and possibly better than everyone except ONeill, Wil has talent, but Will needs to learn to pass and to get shots on net.
                  I think that Maine has upgraded their offense and goaltending.........now it's time to bring in some quality defensemen.

Comment

I think that Maine has upgraded their offense and goaltending.........now it's time to bring in some quality defensemen.
                    Dumoulin would have been a great fit on this year's Maine team
                    Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                      So would the goalie BC didn't need this year

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                        You can say that again

Comment

Gonna try to make the Friday game. Anyone know if tickets will be hard to come by at the door?

Hopefully we can tighten up our defense and penalty killing. If we can I think we can give Michigan State a good run for their money.

Also, TV schedule says "TV-comcast" for the Thursday's game. Anyone know anything more specific than this. I wanna see if I can go to a bar in Chicago and watch instead of paying for it online. I'm guessing it will be some local comcast channel either in Maine or Michigan, but I'm also guessing chances are pretty slim that I can find a sports bar that can get an out of market comcast channel. Am I wrong?
                          New Hampshire: only useful for connecting Maine to the rest of the United States.

Comment

• Re: Michigan State Suite Tickets Available - Fellow Maine Fans

Originally posted by Mightymax View Post
                            Hi, folks.

We will be at the MSU games and have a suite for both nights. Would love to meet some fellow Maine fans. If you are making the trip and would like to join us, please drop me an email at maryclimbin36@hotmail.com. The tickets are 50.00 each, which is considerably more than the 20.00 the Spantan ticket office is charging, but it will be comfy.
                            I won't be making the trip. Enjoy the games.

Friday's game is on television. CBS College Sports is broadcasting on 737 for Time Warner subscribers with Sports Pak.
                            Last edited by Runsub5; 10-12-2010, 10:07 PM. Reason: Update broadcast info

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                              So would the goalie BC didn't need this year
                              Might that be Maine's Brian Billett from the southern part of the state?

Comment

Originally posted by Pucknut View Post
                                Might that be Maine's Brian Billett from the southern part of the state?
                                That would be him, he could get all the games he wanted if he came to Orono

Comment

Working...
                                X