• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lkenney
    replied
    Re: Maine Black Bears 2010 - 2011

Originally posted by walrus View Post
    I don't have alot of confidence on the road and against a good goalie.
    All who are surprised by this, raise your hands.

Leave a comment:

• walrus
    replied

I don't have alot of confidence on the road and against a good goalie. Tough weekend for Maine, they certainly have to play better than they did against BC

Leave a comment:

• Ma#1ne Hky
    replied

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
    Well, something has to give this weekend. Maine and PC are tied with 9 points in HE. They are looking at BC,BU,UNH and Merrimack ahead of them. Just checked the schedule, Maine plays Merrimack in a single game January 8th at Lawler Arena. Two games at the Alfond February 25th and 26th.
    That's why wins are big in Hockey East this year...can't take a night off...Merrimack is hungry and eyeing that 4th spot for home ice....as I said before Merrimack will beat every H.E. team at least once this season....except for Maine..[I Hope...!]

Leave a comment:

• gscott13
    replied

Well, something has to give this weekend. Maine and PC are tied with 9 points in HE. They are looking at BC,BU,UNH and Merrimack ahead of them. Just checked the schedule, Maine plays Merrimack in a single game January 8th at Lawler Arena. Two games at the Alfond February 25th and 26th.
    they are tied and looking up at all of those teams, but that said, they have at least two games in hand on everyone except for unh (1 game in hand) and umass (who they have played the same number of games).

Leave a comment:

• Runsub5
    replied

Leave a comment:

• walrus
    replied

If they stop playing now, in 8 weeks (end of January), they will be in 1st place.
    Thats what I'm talkin' about

Leave a comment:

• Runsub5
    replied

Maybe Maine should take every weekend off, they went from 10th to 9th in the poll this week
    If they stop playing now, in 8 weeks (end of January), they will be in 1st place.

Leave a comment:

• walrus
    replied

Maybe Maine should take every weekend off, they went from 10th to 9th in the poll this week

Leave a comment:

• Runsub5
    replied

Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post
    Are you kidding me?? He didn't play that long ago - he couldn't have even been 30?

He was 28. Played two seasons for Maine. (2001-2003).

Leave a comment:

• sandiegoblkbr
    replied

Where are the links to the studies?
    You do the legwork.......there's plenty on the BDN site and City of Bangor website.

Leave a comment:

• amherstblackbear
    replied

Originally posted by AMcoffee View Post
    Visited the services tonight for former Black Bear Paul Lynch, who passed earlier this week. Maine fans should know that Paul was in a Maine jersey at the viewing.

Here is the funeral home's website, look at list on left of page for link to Paul's arrangements.

http://ccbfuneral.com/
    Are you kidding me?? He didn't play that long ago - he couldn't have even been 30?

Leave a comment:

• Runsub5
    replied

Nick Pryor is back! I hope he has a successful return to the ice. Perhaps he can get Maine's PP back on track.

http://new.bangordailynews.com/2010/...ne-power-play/

Leave a comment:

• walrus
    replied

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
    There have been 3 studies since then.......all with the same basic results. The anti-arena crowd has had YEARS to mount this campaign to stop it.......this has been a well publicized project. It's pretty lame that they wait until the stroke of midnight to stop this project from proceeding. You can make all of the excuses that you want walrus......doesn't change the FACTS.
    Where are the links to the studies?

Leave a comment:

• sandiegoblkbr
    replied

Yes
    I think they should have, did they? And how to figures from 2003 relate to today? Its a study thats now 8 years old, I call it worthless in todays economy
    There have been 3 studies since then.......all with the same basic results. The anti-arena crowd has had YEARS to mount this campaign to stop it.......this has been a well publicized project. It's pretty lame that they wait until the stroke of midnight to stop this project from proceeding. You can make all of the excuses that you want walrus......doesn't change the FACTS.

Leave a comment:

• walrus
    replied

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
    Don't you think that someone should have thought about this back in 2003 when they proposed it and before they spend hunreds of thousands on it??? .
    Yes
    I think they should have, did they? And how to figures from 2003 relate to today? Its a study thats now 8 years old, I call it worthless in todays economy

Leave a comment:

Working...
X