X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2010 - 2011

Originally posted by walrus View Post
    He's pressing, trying a little to hard to live up to the hype
    He also got hauled down from behind in front of the net. He would have been one on one with Bartus. Could make the case for a penalty shot which he didn't get.

Bartus was unbelievable. He had 57 saves last year against Air Force according to Larry. He joined the team mid-season last year. Maine was snake bit last night. I kept waiting for them to score as they were shooting the puck continuously ( not always on net). Connecticut deserves some credit, too. They were good sized players and held their positions well. Not quite as quick as Maine but made recoveries very nicely. That was also their first game of the year and were fresh, as Maine played the night before. Fortunately, the game ended in a tie and not a loss for Maine. A loss could be disastrous (out of conference loss) "down the road" in the tournament rankings.

Comment

Originally posted by Pucknut View Post

After watching the first three games it looks like Sirman will be in goal this weekend.
      I think you are correct on this. Ouellette may get some time though
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

The Defense and Goaltending are still a real concern.
        When you say Tim Whitehead, You haven't said much!!!

Comment

Just curious - how close is UConn to being ready for Hockey East?
          The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Clark-Hislop-Cox View Post
            Not ready at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Clark-Hislop-Cox View Post
              Connecticut has played other HE teams in the past few years. This is the first time Maine has played them since 1977 - 1978 season according to the pre-game info. In my opinion (based on what I saw last night, they can compete with HE teams right now. Would be difficult to compete every year without scholarships.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                Connecticut has played other HE teams in the past few years. This is the first time Maine has played them since 1977 - 1978 season according to the pre-game info. In my opinion (based on what I saw last night, they can compete with HE teams right now. Would be difficult to compete every year without scholarships.
                I have seen them play Merrimack several times over the past few years. Their talent level is not very good at all. Other AHA teams such as RIT, Air Force, Sacred Heart, Cansisius, Mercyhurst and Robert Morris all have more talent.

Furthermore, there rink is an embarrassment.

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
                  Gustav fanned when he might not have, but he also played whole powerplays and his lube was double shifted
                  He double shifted his lube? Sounds tricky.

Comment

KIA...in regards to your Banwell and Amestoy comments, I completely agree with where you're coming from.

Unfortunately, as I hate to start sentences like this, 'in Timmay's defense' *cringe*...I would have put a similar lineup out there. Probably would have put corkum out there over leidermark, but other than that...no one thought uconn and their goalie would bring the game they did. It was an opportunity to get everyones feet wet early. I would have emphasized to Carlos that his efforts
                    were well noticed, and in a 2 game series with the same opponent, he would have earned himself ice time. But it seemed like a special circumstance.

On D, you have to give O'Connor a rep, and I thought he looked great!

Comment

frusterating game. maine gets 2 shorties on one kill and goes ofer in 8 chances on the pp...and to top it off two of those pp were 2 man advantages. uconn goaltender played very well as well as most of the team. they were scrappy. a couple of solid players for sure. tons of close calls for maine. the iron got a work out. sloppy in their own end. maybe too jazzed for that trip to east lansing? or too much carousin after the blowout on friday?
                      Buzzy

Comment

Originally posted by GoMaine24 View Post
                        KIA...in regards to your Banwell and Amestoy comments, I completely agree with where you're coming from.

Unfortunately, as I hate to start sentences like this, 'in Timmay's defense' *cringe*...I would have put a similar lineup out there. Probably would have put corkum out there over leidermark, but other than that...no one thought uconn and their goalie would bring the game they did. It was an opportunity to get everyones feet wet early. I would have emphasized to Carlos that his efforts
                        were well noticed, and in a 2 game series with the same opponent, he would have earned himself ice time. But it seemed like a special circumstance.

On D, you have to give O'Connor a rep, and I thought he looked great!
                        OConnor might be my current favorite, his footing and balance are amazing (when he is not hitting other black bears), VERY solid, strong legs. I do not wanna jinx him but his skating and lower body strength remind me of another black bear.

as far as "noone thought UConn would have brought the game they did"
                        are you kidding me?
                        Bentley. Huntsville.
                        I sure thought that UConn would bring it.
                        This was possibly the biggest out of conference game (and therefore the biggenst game ever) that program has ever played. The other might have been against Michigan a few years ago and UConn managed to score 5 against them. Aside from annual losses to UMass and frequent losses to Union and Yale, they do not get to play good out of conference opponents.
                        How come I know that, many hockey fans know that, and the current coach somehow had the boys certain that they were going to win against a team that did not play the night before?
                        Maybe it was orchestrated and planned... if that is what you meant by in timmy's defense... because NOW MSU and UND will not be taking Maine seriously...

Comment

Originally posted by lkenney View Post
                          He double shifted his lube? Sounds tricky.
                          friggin Apple... I love their products, I HATE their automatic spelling corrector. line some how turned into lube.

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
                            Defense can be worked on........offense....either you've got it or you don't, and Maine's got it!
                            Who are you and what have you done with Sandy?!?!????? OR did the Dr. prescribe something happy?
                            Raised in Vermont, Educated in Maine, Living in New Hampshire, Tolerating Massachusetts, Not spending enough time on this board!!

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
                              friggin Apple... I love their products, I HATE their automatic spelling corrector. line some how turned into lube.
                              Certainly made it sound INTERESTING!
                              Raised in Vermont, Educated in Maine, Living in New Hampshire, Tolerating Massachusetts, Not spending enough time on this board!!

Comment

Apparently CBS College Sports is a subscription station in the Bangor area Time Warner system. Weird I have ESPNU but no CBSCS. Anyone know of a bar that will have Fridays game on?

Comment

Working...
                                X