Clear All

• Fishman'81
    replied
    Re: Maine Black Bears 2010 - 2011

Originally posted by walrus View Post
    Sandie
    In case you hadn't read it, sounds like good news for your pet project
    http://www.bangordailynews.com/story...nfident,160325
    I read the article,thanks for the link...

But what I would like to know is how do they expect to fill the place up regularly,especially with no ice?(Maybe I missed something.)

Leave a comment:

• KnowItAll
    replied

Originally posted by fiqure8 View Post
    Hopefully we can win some faceoffs during our penalty kill. Too many goals scored this year when Maine looses the faceoff clean.......
    yeah, but look at all those frozen fours.

it is bizzarre that the "tie up the opposing center so the winger can skate away with the puck" that worked BEFORE Maine went to BC, and clearly Jerry watched game films... was STILL being used after BC wingers tied up the Maine wing and the other BC wing kept skating away with the puck

I mean, if it ain't working when do you fix it?

Leave a comment:

• fiqure8
    replied

Originally posted by Maine Event View Post
    Looks like some potential line changes in store for the weekend as well as possible changes in goal

http://www.pressherald.com/blogs/lenzi/111139439.html

http://new.bangordailynews.com/2010/...job-wide-open/
    Hopefully we can win some faceoffs during our penalty kill. Too many goals scored this year when Maine looses the faceoff clean.......

Leave a comment:

• BoSox3066
    replied

Providence is unbeaten at home, Eek.

For his career, Beaudry is 1-2-1 against Maine with a GAA a hair under 2.00 (he's allowed exactly 2 goals in all 4 starts with an OT in there). Save percentage: .945

Need to play to win both games but would be nice to see a goaltending split, depending on Friday's results. On Sullivan, he's done the job mostly but I just don't see how a guy with an .885 save percentage is locked into anything.

Leave a comment:

• Maine Event
    replied

Looks like some potential line changes in store for the weekend as well as possible changes in goal

http://www.pressherald.com/blogs/lenzi/111139439.html

http://new.bangordailynews.com/2010/...job-wide-open/
    Last edited by Maine Event; 12-01-2010, 08:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ck1969
    replied

Agreed. Bounce back weekend. Sully starts Fri.

Leave a comment:

• BobF
    replied

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
    unlike the timmy apologists, I will be there cheering them on, and letting Grav and Hanson know what they missed.

I will also be wondering why the D cannot pass as well as Bishop could, but I will not be yelling at the players, it is my firm belief that they are doing what they are told to do, and avoiding getting benched.
    As one of the lead apologists have no idea what you are intimating. Many of us were at both BC games, and I know several who will be at PC. Unfortunately I will not be able to visit Federal Hill for pasta this time around as we have a friends Christmas party to attend Saturday. Hate how life and friends get in the way of hockey!

Leave a comment:

• KnowItAll
    replied

Originally posted by lkenney View Post
    Anyone headed down to the coffin?
    unlike the timmy apologists, I will be there cheering them on, and letting Grav and Hanson know what they missed.

I will also be wondering why the D cannot pass as well as Bishop could, but I will not be yelling at the players, it is my firm belief that they are doing what they are told to do, and avoiding getting benched.

Leave a comment:

• Ma#1ne Hky
    replied

Originally posted by MaineMan View Post
    Does Sullivan get both starts this weekend? Could we possibly see Ouellette? No disrespect to the Friars but this wouldn't be a bad weekend to give another tender some game time.
    I think you'll see Sullivan for sure on Friday and I would not be surprised to see Ouellette on Saturday....just a gut feeling but I think we see Ouellette at least once before the Christmas break...either vs PC or UMass....and I don't think it would be disrespecting the PC team if Ouellette played,he's a young and coming goalie,watch and see.....good things are in store for #51. {imo}.

Leave a comment:

• lkenney
    replied

Anyone headed down to the coffin?

Leave a comment:

• Runsub5
    replied

For some reason, I am very confident about playing PC. Probably because Maine lost two at BC the last time they played. i think the team will be on a mission. No reason not to play Sullivan for the first game (as far as we know). The next game depends somewhat on the outcome of Friday's game.

Leave a comment:

• lkenney
    replied

When I moved down to work in Manchester, NH in 1998, downtown sucked. Dead. Then there was talk of building a civic center, which was met with much opposition naturally. You should see downtown Manch Vegas now compared to then. First came the arena, then an explosion of nightlife. It's unbelievable how much more there is in the way of entertainment/great restaurants, etc. compared to then. I realize it's not an apples to apples comparison with the population down here, but still. It's such a huge part of a city's downtown.

Leave a comment:

• walrus
    replied

Sandie
    In case you hadn't read it, sounds like good news for your pet project
    http://www.bangordailynews.com/story...nfident,160325

Leave a comment:

• MaineMan
    replied

Does Sullivan get both starts this weekend? Could we possibly see Ouellette? No disrespect to the Friars but this wouldn't be a bad weekend to give another tender some game time.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

For brevity
    Originally posted by walrus View Post
    I don't have alot of confidence

Leave a comment:

Working...
X