X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Maine Black Bears 2010 - 2011

Originally posted by lkenney View Post
    They're right back down to Earth, without a loss, which is good.
    Might be right but it was some frustrating to watch upperclassmen just stand there and let UConn beat them to pucks all game long. It wasn't the younger guys, it was Jrs and Seniors who should know better. Give Robbie Dee an assist for UConns 3rd goal, stood there flatfooted, where one step would have gotten control of the puck and a possible clear, instead 2 secs later UConn scores.

I will say UConns goalie was unreal but alot of the shots were right in the chest, over the goal or into the boards.

As far as Ouellette is concerned, UConn made some good shots, the 2 PP goals weren't his fault, the 3rd goal never should have happened as mentioned above. So far the questions remain in net.

If Maine plays likes that in Lansing, put 2 Ls in the win loss. Hopefully they get it after last night and it won't be a problem.
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Thought the defense looked a little scary last night (not in a good way). Ouellette looked okay, certainly not dazzling. Thought the offence looked as good as the Lowell game they just can into a goalie playing like an 8 armed acrobat (and still got 3 goals plus a bushel of post hits) If Muse had been in net I think they would have had 5-6 goals. I do feel like UConn should have only scored once at best.

Comment

Yeah, they looked pretty uninspired last night, but Bartus had an awesome game in goal for UConn. I actually thought Oullette looked pretty poised and comfortable in the Maine net, despite the three goals--it was one of those slow, under-20-shot nights, which are just a goalie's nightmare...

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
          Yes, we tied Providence 3-3 after beating them 9-3 the night before.
          Later in the season, didn't they kick BU's a** the night after the 1 loss?

Comment

I didn't see nor hear the game last night. Do they have the same deal in place this year, where any game broadcast by WABI is also on WPME in Southern Maine?

I can't count the number of times I have heard over the last few years about how a goalie came into Alfond and played way above his head. For most of that time, they were made to look that way by our anemic offense. I don't think that is the case now, and when I hear how much better a goalie played than expected I have to wonder what our offense was doing. Granted I know nothing of last nights game but what I read on here. I have to wonder if they thought they could just show up and win, or if the goalpipes got fatter at the UCONN end of the ice. Cant wait to see them against Michigan State on National TV next weekend.

Comment

Well, MSU coming up. I suppose this rematch should be very similiar to last years....IIRC MSU was young last year as wuz Maine. Couple of what should be serious contenders going at it. No reason in my mind why the guyz in blue cannot get a split out in Lansing, and hopefully more. In any event, it should be 2 playoff speed games.
              I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Luteplayers2 View Post
                I didn't see nor hear the game last night. Do they have the same deal in place this year, where any game broadcast by WABI is also on WPME in Southern Maine?

I can't count the number of times I have heard over the last few years about how a goalie came into Alfond and played way above his head. For most of that time, they were made to look that way by our anemic offense. I don't think that is the case now, and when I hear how much better a goalie played than expected I have to wonder what our offense was doing. Granted I know nothing of last nights game but what I read on here. I have to wonder if they thought they could just show up and win, or if the goalpipes got fatter at the UCONN end of the ice. Cant wait to see them against Michigan State on National TV next weekend.
                Yes, WPME is just wonderful, wonderful. Itz just painful having to listen to Tuell and Carr...just painful. I should have watched but listened to Hannigan and turned on my Larry filter.
                Which game is on teeeveee this weekend? Friday night probably, eh? Dont forget its thursday and friday
                Last edited by acs64; 10-10-2010, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by blackbearsfan45 View Post
                  Well, yah....daterapedem.

Comment

Originally posted by blackbearsfan45 View Post
                    Yes. After losing 7-6 in overtime we defeated BU 6-1 the next night to clinch the Hockey East title. We beat them again 5-2 in the Hockey East championship. We didn't have a chance to beat them in the NCAA final because they lost to Lake State.

Comment

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2010 - 2011

Originally posted by Tango View Post
                      Thought the defense looked a little scary last night (not in a good way). Ouellette looked okay, certainly not dazzling. Thought the offence looked as good as the Lowell game they just can into a goalie playing like an 8 armed acrobat (and still got 3 goals plus a bushel of post hits) If Muse had been in net I think they would have had 5-6 goals. I do feel like UConn should have only scored once at best.
                      Hmm, so against, Lowell the Maine D took 3 good penalties around the net, tripping or crosschecking Riverhawks who were just about to pull the trigger, Banwell in particular was throwing his weight around and throwin Lowell around... Banwell gets benched
                      Amestoy looks really good, all over the ice, takes a dumb penalty out in the neutral zone (that leads to nothing) Amestoy gets benched.

and while I like Will Oneill and his hustle, the kid has yet to pass the puck to anyone's forehand 5-on-5 or on the PP (He clearly does not have any idea if Tanner or Gustav is a lefty or a righty... no idea), and he is called upon to take almost every shot on the PP, even though he cannot pull the puck in enough to get it around a defender and get the puck on net.

Timmy, I gotta ask, how come you set the play up for the right point to take the shot on the PP, but you do not have anyone out front for the rebound, IN CASE the puck gets through? Overloading the left side, none of whom shoot....

oh and ouellette allowed how many to sail over his left shoulder? Wouldn't a goalie coach teach him how to play the angles?

signed an Internet nutcase ( who surely sees no where near as much of this crap as much as what the other teams' scouts see)
                      Last edited by KnowItAll; 10-10-2010, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                        I will say UConns goalie was unreal but alot of the shots were right in the chest, over the goal or into the boards.
                        When Maine did hustle on offense, they weren't really disciplined or organized. Defensively, UConn was. So there were a lot of bad angle shots. Bartus wasn't exactly flamboyant in net for UConn, but he knows his angles, and was where he needed to be 95% of the time.

That lack of organization, discipline (or whatever it was) absolutely killed Maine on the power play.
                        1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                          that was very evident in the broadcast... i don't know how many times hannigan said shots missed the net or went high or fanned on a shot... it did sound like fro the broadcast, that gustav was one of the worst offenders...

Comment

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
                            that gustav was one of the worst offenders...
                            He's pressing, trying a little to hard to live up to the hype
                            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Gustav fanned when he might not have, but he also played whole powerplays and his LINE was double shifted

Uconn was gassed and Maine played the night before

Perhaps it might have been prudent to play fresh legs toward the end

A 1 minute 5-on-3 was squandered at the end
                              Right after accepting the NCAA award for best pp

Gretzky scored a lot of points his last year with the rangers, getting double and triple shifts
                              Not a great plus minus
                              Last edited by KnowItAll; 10-11-2010, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                                Yes, WPME is just wonderful, wonderful. Itz just painful having to listen to Tuell and Carr...just painful. I should have watched but listened to Hannigan and turned on my Larry filter.
                                Which game is on teeeveee this weekend? Friday night probably, eh? Dont forget its thursday and friday
                                Friday game is on TV at 7:30 p.m. I'll take Mike and Joe over Frank and Woogie anyday.

After watching the first three games it looks like Sirman will be in goal this weekend.
                                Last edited by Pucknut; 10-10-2010, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X