X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2010 - 2011

Originally posted by walrus View Post
    My thoughts exactly. Sully has a bit more expereince, Alfond is going to be sold out and rockin' friday night, similar to UND series so go with him on friday and let Martin go on Sunday
    We actually agree on something? I havent seen Martin play yet, but sounds like the kind of kid who gets better the more rubber he sees. That game against UConn musta been tuff for him....see a shot once every 5 minutes or whatever it wuz, and in ur first start in front of a home crowd. Tuff chance. UMass would get him a workout I suspect as they shoot from everywhere.
    I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
      Sully needs to play, sully has made a million more good saves than Ouelette did.

Martin was NOT tested last night, the D was solid and PC never got in close for great chances.

Let's not be to hasty. This shut out was a lot like Willy vs. UVM. He was solid and he did what he was called on to do, but I saw NO Jimmy Howard in him last night, no magically being exactly where the shots were going to be, before the puck was released.

Heck the greatest moment Martin had last night was when a puck bounced in from around the red line took a really odd carom, up in the air and martin grabbed it with his catcher.
      Aint no one here calling Martin the next Jimmy Howard. One step at a time especially for a young kid like him. Build the confidence and let this natural athleticism takeover. I did get to obseve him a little in warmups at BC and the guyz smooth.

Comment

My thoughts exactly. Sully has a bit more expereince, Alfond is going to be sold out and rockin' friday night, similar to UND series so go with him on friday and let Martin go on Sunday
        Sully does have more experience because Whitehead decided to not rotate too soon. Sully had the toughest opponents of the season with BC. He sits out this weekend and now people suggest he goes up against UNH. He needed to play a PC game.

I hope our offense is back because we're going to need it no matter who is in net.

Comment

Originally posted by BearPaw View Post
          Sully does have more experience because Whitehead decided to not rotate too soon. Sully had the toughest opponents of the season with BC. He sits out this weekend and now people suggest he goes up against UNH. He needed to play a PC game.

I hope our offense is back because we're going to need it no matter who is in net.
          Sometimes a goalies best medicine is to sit on the bench and see what his competition is capable of, eh?

Comment

Kudos to the Maine coaching staff for making right decisions in last night's game. Beattie substituted for Shemansky (healthy scratch), resulted in a goal and playing Ouellette (shutout). Now, if they could only straighten out the PP.......

Comment

Sully needs to play, sully has made a million more good saves than Ouelette did..
              Thats not what Dan and Larry portrayed, they thought he made some good saves in the 1st and late in the game also. Of course late there wasn't much pressure. My understanding from talking to some rink rats that watch alot of practices is that Martin is pretty good, he needs to get into game shape.
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Thats not what Dan and Larry portrayed, they thought he made some good saves in the 1st and late in the game also. Of course late there wasn't much pressure. My understanding from talking to some rink rats that watch alot of practices is that Martin is pretty good, he needs to get into game shape.
                Yep, they said some were tricky tips/deflections he handled. Ya know, I dont care...anytime you put up a shutout against any HE team in their own barn as a freshman getting his first shot on the road, its a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                  Yep, they said some were tricky tips/deflections he handled. Ya know, I dont care...anytime you put up a shutout against any HE team in their own barn as a freshman getting his first shot on the road, its a good thing.
                  he was technically very sound.

the tips remained on the ice. so, while they might have gone 5 hole had he lifted his stick or had he not had a pad down, he did stay in a perfect butterfly, but he would have made the save had there not been a tip and he DID make the save because the tip stayed on the ice. Had the tip deflected up under the cross bar, like a Shemansky tip and he made a glove save, i would not say that the made no flashy saves.

I said he did everything he had to do, but nothing flashy. The BC deflection that Sullivan let in was at least a foot off the ice, PC didn't do that.

Comment

I think that Ouellette should play vs. UNH and Sullivan vs. UMass.

Comment

he was technically very sound.

the tips remained on the ice. so, while they might have gone 5 hole had he lifted his stick or had he not had a pad down, he did stay in a perfect butterfly, but he would have made the save had there not been a tip and he DID make the save because the tip stayed on the ice. Had the tip deflected up under the cross bar, like a Shemansky tip and he made a glove save, i would not say that the made no flashy saves.

I said he did everything he had to do, but nothing flashy. The BC deflection that Sullivan let in was at least a foot off the ice, PC didn't do that.
                      Martin left no rebounds............made the defensemen's job easier, did not have to scramble to go looking for the rebounds. Any rebounds that he made he angled them out of the rink. Though yesterday he played very technically sound and definately has quick feet.........and knows how to cover up a puck........

Comment

is it too much to ask of providence, who had both games televised on cox cable this weekend to provide HE with some video of the two games... yeah, they weren't the greatest results for them, but in the interest of the league, this should be a no-brainer...

and selfishly, i'd like to see some fn highlights!

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
                          I think that Ouellette should play vs. UNH and Sullivan vs. UMass.
                          We'll see what happens, has to be a good thing to have 2 guys who can play and give you a chance to win

Comment

We'll see what happens, has to be a good thing to have 2 guys who can play and give you a chance to win
                            That is if the PP does not cough up any more short handed goals. Maine seems to play better 5 on 5.............

Comment

Originally posted by fiqure8 View Post
                              That is if the PP does not cough up any more short handed goals. Maine seems to play better 5 on 5.............
                              PP is definitely a problem, hopefully they come up with something. Pryor made that mistake but I still have hopes for him

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                                Agreed!

Comment

Working...
                                X