This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2010 - 2011

Visited the services tonight for former Black Bear Paul Lynch, who passed earlier this week. Maine fans should know that Paul was in a Maine jersey at the viewing.

Here is the funeral home's website, look at list on left of page for link to Paul's arrangements.

http://ccbfuneral.com/

Originally posted by GoBlackBears View Post
    Former Black Bear Paul Lynch has died

http://knoxvilleicebears.com/news/fo...an_passes_away
    Maine coach Red Gendron said:
    “We’re not satisfied unless we win, that’s the bottom line. There are no moral victories. If we were to play a season for just moral victories, why even bother playing?”

Comment

Originally posted by AMcoffee View Post
      Visited the services tonight for former Black Bear Paul Lynch, who passed earlier this week. Maine fans should know that Paul was in a Maine jersey at the viewing.

Here is the funeral home's website, look at list on left of page for link to Paul's arrangements.

http://ccbfuneral.com/
      Wow......that is quite a testament to the Black Bear hockey program considering that he actually transferred out of Maine. Paul must have spoke highly of the program and there were probably some great family memories of Paul attending and playing for Maine. Very sad that his life ended at such a young age.

Comment

Very sad indeed. Based on the comments, Paul sounds like he was quite a gentleman, well liked by all.
        I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by MEbear View Post
          ...The current building is old and outdated and should probably be torn down pretty soon anyway, but I think that life in eastern Maine will go on just fine without any large auditorium, at least from the perspective of most people who live here. I'd love to see a new auditorium, and if the mortgage payments were to be shared by the whole surrounding area instead of just Bangor taxpayers...
          I wonder how much the Bangor taxpayers are currently shelling out every year to heat/maintain the current building? I don't know but I think it'd be an interesting comparison if they numbers worked out and they saw how much they shelled out to heat/maintain vs. the cost of tearing down and paying for a new one. Not to mention the lost revenue for events that don't come due to the current facilities.
          You know you go to UMaine if...

...you think Bananas is a good name for a giant bear.
          ...you would riot after hockey games but its too darn cold.
          ...you think hockey is the only sport that matters.
          ...you hate UNH.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
            Who the heck on here is trying to obstruct this particular project anyway. Maybe you're talking about the Hated Bob, isn't it his right as a taxpayer to try to stop something he doesn't want, isn't that the American way?
            Cim said, he doesn’t want his taxes to go up and that’s the reason he wants the referendum. He also added that it’s too important not to have the voters decide.

We all know that if is put out to referendum and someone says your taxes might go up it will be soundly defeated.

Comment

Originally posted by Pucknut View Post
              Cim said, he doesn’t want his taxes to go up and that’s the reason he wants the referendum. He also added that it’s too important not to have the voters decide.

We all know that if is put out to referendum and someone says your taxes might go up it will be soundly defeated.
              The question is, will your taxes go up? if so, I don't blame him for not wanting it. I' haven't seen any projections of what operating costs would be, what kind of income the project could make or is projected to make?
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Pucknut View Post
                "But but but but... have you polled all of the voters in Bangor!?!?!?!?!?!? ... DROOL.... I gamble at HS so much.... drool... durrrr..."
                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Forcing myself to "spam" everyone today (well the threads of teams I've shot this season at least).

Having a Cyber Monday sale on http://HockeyPhotography.com - 10% off prints with coupon code 2010-10 (enter on checkout page) or 15% off orders of $150 or more with coupon code 2010-15.

Maine galleries can be found here - http://hockeyphotography.photoshelte...000gCVWMRelvJo - or enter your favorite player's name in the search box here - http://hockeyphotography.photoshelter.com/search-page

Prints make great holiday gifts for yourself or someone else.

Thanks,
                  -Melissa

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
                  HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
                  HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                    "But but but but... have you polled all of the voters in Bangor!?!?!?!?!?!? ... DROOL.... I gamble at HS so much.... drool... durrrr..."
                    Thats pretty intelligent sounding Nicky. You havent sounded this smart since you tried to explain how plus/minuses worked....lolol.
                    I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                      effffewwww.

Comment

The question is, will your taxes go up? if so, I don't blame him for not wanting it. I' haven't seen any projections of what operating costs would be, what kind of income the project could make or is projected to make?
                        Don't you think that someone should have thought about this back in 2003 when they proposed it and before they spend hunreds of thousands on it??? Funny how anti-arena peeps only seem interested now that they finalized everything and are on the verge of breaking ground.

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
                          Don't you think that someone should have thought about this back in 2003 when they proposed it and before they spend hunreds of thousands on it??? .
                          Yes
                          I think they should have, did they? And how to figures from 2003 relate to today? Its a study thats now 8 years old, I call it worthless in todays economy

Comment

Yes
                            I think they should have, did they? And how to figures from 2003 relate to today? Its a study thats now 8 years old, I call it worthless in todays economy
                            There have been 3 studies since then.......all with the same basic results. The anti-arena crowd has had YEARS to mount this campaign to stop it.......this has been a well publicized project. It's pretty lame that they wait until the stroke of midnight to stop this project from proceeding. You can make all of the excuses that you want walrus......doesn't change the FACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
                              There have been 3 studies since then.......all with the same basic results. The anti-arena crowd has had YEARS to mount this campaign to stop it.......this has been a well publicized project. It's pretty lame that they wait until the stroke of midnight to stop this project from proceeding. You can make all of the excuses that you want walrus......doesn't change the FACTS.
                              Where are the links to the studies?

Comment

Nick Pryor is back! I hope he has a successful return to the ice. Perhaps he can get Maine's PP back on track.

http://new.bangordailynews.com/2010/...ne-power-play/

Comment

Working...
                                X