X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2010 - 2011

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    Wow, that's terrible. Certainly don't want to speculate, but something doesn't seem right...
    He had drug problems in the past if you were insinuating something of that nature, it's very sad.

Comment

There's an interesting website by the Friends for The Maine Center. More specifically, if you go to "Explore the Facility" and then use the small "Click Here" link, you'll get a 31 page PDF of the proposal, complete with timelines, various renderings at different construction phases and costs.
      You know you go to UMaine if...

...you think Bananas is a good name for a giant bear.
      ...you would riot after hockey games but its too darn cold.
      ...you think hockey is the only sport that matters.
      ...you hate UNH.

Comment

• New Bangor Arena advocacy group seeks input

See this article in today's BDN:

http://www.bangordailynews.com/story...meeting,159696

Keys in this article are the following:

Members of the newly formed Friends of the Maine Center want to hear from the public about plans for a new arena complex in Bangor to ensure that the project is done right.

Mark Woodward, co*chairman of the group and former executive editor of the Bangor Daily News, said the city has built inadequate facilities twice in the past — in 1897, when the first auditorium was built, and in 1955, when the current facility opened.

He and other business and community leaders don’t want to see that happen again, but they also want to see a new arena built soon. “The current auditorium is more than a half-century old, and it was obsolete on the day it opened,” Woodward said.

The group has created a website, www.themainecenter.com, to solicit feedback

I suggest any Maine hockey fan who wants options for the team to play in the Orono area contact this organization and ask:

"Do the buidling plans include ice making capacity for an 85 x 200 foot surface ?"
        Maine coach Red Gendron said:
        “We’re not satisfied unless we win, that’s the bottom line. There are no moral victories. If we were to play a season for just moral victories, why even bother playing?”

Comment

• Re: New Bangor Arena advocacy group seeks input

Originally posted by AMcoffee View Post
          I suggest any Maine hockey fan who wants options for the team to play in the Orono area contact this organization and ask:

"Do the buidling plans include ice making capacity for an 85 x 200 foot surface ?"
          I asked a City Councilor this exact question and was told there are no current plans for ice to be permanently installed in the new arena. The reasoning, I was told, was due to the damage it causes the facility. The CCCC and Augusta Civic Center were pointed to as examples. For example, CCCC has ice and is already in need of replacement, where as the Augusta Civic Center does not have ice and is comparatively in "mint" condition and only 6 years separate their construction, 1977 and 1973, respectively.

Not sure if I buy that argument, as I have to imagine advances in technology (HVAC systems, etc) would extend the life of new arenas by monitoring humidity/heating/cooling conditions.

...you hate UNH.

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
            Running the goalie's been a constant since what Bishop's injuries? I can't remember Jimmy ever getting run. Change in style of Maine, or their opponents?
            I remember Jimmy getting run full speed up in Burlington and I was salivating over the retaliation.
            I do not remember who did it, but the guy was good, it might have been Torrey Mitchell, it was a big foreward.
            Mushaluck had him lined up in the corner on their next shift out on the ice and Mush went in and poke checked and completely avoided contact.

That was the beginning of the end.

This was also the last season that Timmy allowed Bellamy to finish his checks, because "it took him out of the play"
            Anyone else notice that Corkum has not cleaned any clocks since the BU game?
            O'Connor has not hit anyone either. and if you had seen him hit in his first game, you (if you like HOCKEY, and know the game) MIGHT want to see him hitting.

Comment

Why would anyone want ice in Bangor? I don't want Maine playing there and losing home ice. They aren't going to build it big enough for a regional? Maybe you want to see Disney on ice
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                Maybe you want to see Disney on ice
                My daughter sure would...

...you hate UNH.

Comment

Why would anyone want ice in Bangor? I don't want Maine playing there and losing home ice. They aren't going to build it big enough for a regional? Maybe you want to see Disney on ice
                  Geezus H Wally. Dont get this gd arguement started up again.
                  I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                    Got nothing else to do

Comment

Based on attendance at regionals when I have attended them, the new arena would be more than large enough.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                        Eh. He needs better bait.

*****http://www.smileyshut.com/smileys/new/MSN-Emoticons/MSN-Emoticon-fishing-175.gif******

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                          Based on attendance at regionals when I have attended them, the new arena would be more than large enough.
                          Maybe but you still have to win the bid. I'd like to go to a regional in Bangor but I suggest you don't hold your breath
                          One other thing, it might hold 8,000 for BBall but what would it hold for hockey?

Comment

Maybe but you still have to win the bid. I'd like to go to a regional in Bangor but I suggest you don't hold your breath
                            One other thing, it might hold 8,000 for BBall but what would it hold for hockey?
                            In reality, Bangor is probably too, far away. More travel costs for both teams and fans don't make it very attractive. Even though I think the arena would be filled, unlike Albany.

Comment

If they aren't going to have ice for the new arena don't even bother. it would be nice to be able to travel 5 miles up the road to see Maine play in the NCAA tournament.
                              When you say Tim Whitehead, You haven't said much!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                                In reality, Bangor is probably too, far away. More travel costs for both teams and fans don't make it very attractive. Even though I think the arena would be filled, unlike Albany.
                                I'd go to any regional in bangor whether Maine was there or not. But it ain't going to happen, we all know it

Comment

Working...
                                X