This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2010 - 2011

Sullivan needs to have his helmet painted.......white ones are for 3rd stringers.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
      mumble/jumble...thats all you have...since the Denver trip if I can recall....
      I take it all back

What do Brian Rolston and Blaine Lacher have in common with Niko Dimitrakos and Jimmy Howard

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
        but we don't play like that at Maine
        child please!

diamond is praised for playing like a punk the entire weekend and you're getting your panties in a bunch about a little bit of snow? when did you mainers get so soft?

Comment

Originally posted by Moose98 View Post
          child please!

diamond is praised for playing like a punk the entire weekend and you're getting your panties in a bunch about a little bit of snow? when did you mainers get so soft?
          I thought it was pretty obvious but he was complaining because a Maine Dman didn't stick up for his goalie . He thinks Timmay would bench a Dman who would stick for his goalie so they don't do it. In other words, Maine plays very passively, Diamond like Prestin doesn't
          Last edited by walrus; 11-22-2010, 04:09 PM.
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
            I thought it was pretty obvious but he was complaining because a Maine Dman didn't stick up for his goalie . He thinks Timmay would bench a Dman who would stick for his goalie so they don't do it. In other words, Maine plays very passively, Diamond like Prestin doesn't
            Didn't see the snow job in question but I've seen Will O'Neill defend his goalie and not get benched a bunch of times. Just another area where they missed him at Conte

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
            43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
            104-47-14 (.669) in that time
            3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
              Didn't see the snow job in question but I've seen Will O'Neill defend his goalie and not get benched a bunch of times. Just another area where they missed him at Conte
              Yeah, good but for the most part Darling got run at will and no one did a thing

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                Yeah, good but for the most part Darling got run at will and no one did a thing
                Perhaps because there wasn't close team unity when Darling was on the team. There were many underlying issues surrounding Darling that most of us will never know about.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                  Perhaps because there wasn't close team unity when Darling was on the team. There were many underlying issues surrounding Darling that most of us will never know about.
                  That could be true especially last year but the year before? Either way the team is pretty passive

Comment

Former Black Bear Paul Lynch has died

http://knoxvilleicebears.com/news/fo...an_passes_away
                    When you say Tim Whitehead, You haven't said much!!!

Comment

Running the goalie's been a constant since what Bishop's injuries? I can't remember Jimmy ever getting run. Change in style of Maine, or their opponents?

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                      43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                      104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                      3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Running the goalie's been a constant since what Bishop's injuries? I can't remember Jimmy ever getting run. Change in style of Maine, or their opponents?
                        You want to deal with Prestin. The team has the personality of its coach

Comment

Originally posted by GoBlackBears View Post

Thats sucks, he was a pretty good Dman at Umaine

Comment

I can't remember Jimmy ever getting run. Change in style of Maine, or their opponents?
                            I remember Jimmy getting run. UNH used to do it like it was their 2nd job.

Except he played 2 years with Prestin and thereonout would take the law into his own hands. I remember him taking more than 1 minor for hitting after the whistle when he took exception.

Wasn't his injury in the UNH game back in his junior (last) year at home with UNH related to getting run? He had to come out of the game, and untested Matty Lundin came in with a 1-0 lead, stoned UNH and preserved the shutout for a 3-0 win.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he get dinged from a run? It sounds right, because as soon as Matty came in and the ''get behind the young underdog'' mentality took over, I remember the crowd getting quickly up in arms every time the Cats would breathe on him wrong. Regardless, it happened with them allllll the time.
                            Last edited by Howitz-ah; 11-22-2010, 08:17 PM.
                            Being led to the promiseland by TIMMAY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GoBlackBears View Post

Wow, that's terrible. Certainly don't want to speculate, but something doesn't seem right...

Comment

i've worked in the Lynn area for longer than i'd like to admit and have read about him being a salem guy an all........tough to lose a young guy like that

Comment

Working...
                                X