X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• acs64
    replied
    Re: Maine Black Bears 2010 - 2011

Thx for all the "memory replays" guyz/girlz....chit, who needs to actually go to the game ? Sounds like it wuzza real war out there. Unfortuneately we got dinged up a bit? Any ratdawgs go to the hospital?

Leave a comment:

• walrus
    replied

Not sure where Mangene dove on the puck but if it was on the boards and not near the crease, thats a bs call. Never seen it called before and I doubt I ever will unless I'm at Agannis

Leave a comment:

• mwade
    replied

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
    ...but then again, the PP probably looked out of sync because House was out....
    and O'Neill

Leave a comment:

• FiveHole12
    replied

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
    that is what I thought till I saw the replay.
    he was hit from behind, then he had a knee on his neck, and he was protecting his hands while someone was kicking at the puck and hitting his head with the skate.

no penalty.
    I didn't see the replay. I was right behind the refs position so what I described in my last post was probably also what he saw. He was on his knees and supporting his upper body with his forearm, so the puck was in the space between his body and the ice. He could have moved it with the same hand he pulled it in with, IMO.

Either way, it's water over the dam. Was a great game.

Hope Diamond is OK, as well as House, O'Neil and Cross. Would like to see both teams at full strength when the Bears visit BC in a couple of weeks.

Leave a comment:

• KnowItAll
    replied

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
    uscho write up mentions that diamond "missed much of the later portion of the game" with an injury... o'neill's was described as a lower body injury that occurred on the second shift of the game
    diamond could barely skate at one point, looked like a knee injury

Leave a comment:

• KnowItAll
    replied

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
    Nah... Mangene dove on that puck. Not a smart play. That was delay of game all the way. Even with the guy leaning on him, he could have shoveled the puck away with his hand. He made no attempt to do so.
    that is what I thought till I saw the replay.
    he was hit from behind, then he had a knee on his neck, and he was protecting his hands while someone was kicking at the puck and hitting his head with the skate.

no penalty.

Leave a comment:

• FiveHole12
    replied

didn't see the play, but fwiw, if he had been knocked down onto the puck, he is not obligated to try to play it.
    Yup. But there were at least 2 people in the building that didn't think he was knocked down onto the puck... me and the ref.
    He may have been knocked down, but he reached out and pulled the puck under his body with his hand and prevented the opposing player from getting to it.

Leave a comment:

• gscott13
    replied

Nah... Mangene dove on that puck. Not a smart play. That was delay of game all the way. Even with the guy leaning on him, he could have shoveled the puck away with his hand. He made no attempt to do so.
    didn't see the play, but fwiw, if he had been knocked down onto the puck, he is not obligated to try to play it.

Leave a comment:

• gscott13
    replied

uscho write up mentions that diamond "missed much of the later portion of the game" with an injury... o'neill's was described as a lower body injury that occurred on the second shift of the game

Leave a comment:

• FiveHole12
    replied

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
    Gosh, did you see the replay of the Delay of Game penalty? Mangene was knocked down onto the puck, he then had a BU knee resting on the back of his neck so that he could not possibly get up, or move... and Mangene was called for delay of game

Leave a comment:

• KnowItAll
    replied

I ain't saying good nor bad about it... Clendening was sticking up for his goalie... then Flynn stuck up for his guy. All good to me, that's hockey. I was just a bit confused, and still am, as to how the ref saw it that BU should be awarded with an advantage after that.
    Gosh, did you see the replay of the Delay of Game penalty? Mangene was knocked down onto the puck, he then had a BU knee resting on the back of his neck so that he could not possibly get up, or move... and Mangene was called for delay of game

I think the refs know not to call the guy who decks Diamond, just like they did not call the guys who decked Hextall for UND.. they deserve what they get.

Leave a comment:

• FiveHole12
    replied

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
    The BU guy behind me said Diamond ran the goalie....even though they called a slash. Which is interesting because they blew the whistle after Milan covered the puck...and Diamond was immediately thrown to the ice and lost his stick. Who or when he slashed I don't know....should have been matchings maybe but a slash? If they're going to make up a call at least say roughing so it looks good.
    That was my end of the ice, so I got a good look up close and personal. Diamond took a jab at the puck in Milans pads before the whistle. That was a pretty weak slash call (Diamond didn't run him... gotta hit him to be considered runnin', and Diamond didn't hit him). The puck actually popped out, but then the whistle blew. Diamond was leaning against the crossbar and Clendening pushed him against it. Diamond just stared back at Clendening (and possibly mentioned something about his mom), and I guess that pizzed him off, because Clendening absolutely cold cocked him with an uppercut that would make Joe Frazier proud. Diamond went down like he was shot.

I ain't saying good nor bad about it... Clendening was sticking up for his goalie... then Flynn stuck up for his guy. All good to me, that's hockey. I was just a bit confused, and still am, as to how the ref saw it that BU should be awarded with an advantage after that.

Leave a comment:

• Runsub5
    replied

Originally posted by BearPaw View Post
    We only need to play one goalie on one game weekends. He is the go to guy but I doubt we will see him play back to back games. With Sullivan and Sirman playing well its hard to say when Ouellette will get in. Makes you wonder how things would have been if he hadn't had the injury.
    So, this weekend against NU we should probably see Sullivan and Sirman in that order?

Leave a comment:

• BearPaw
    replied

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
    Sullivan appears to be the go to guy. The danger in playing one goalie is a bit risky. If Sullivan becomes injured it would be good to be able to have someone developed with game experience to bring in.
    We only need to play one goalie on one game weekends. He is the go to guy but I doubt we will see him play back to back games. With Sullivan and Sirman playing well its hard to say when Ouellette will get in. Makes you wonder how things would have been if he hadn't had the injury.

Leave a comment:

• Runsub5
    replied

according to rachel lenzi's blog on the pph, amestoy is out with a shoulder injury... andersson is out with a lower body injury as well...
    Thanks for the update.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X