This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2010 - 2011

had to work a fundraiser tonight... anyone dvr it have the capability to throw it on a dvd for me? i'd obviously compensate for materials and shipping...

-g

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
      my only regret is that this couldn't have been Minnesota instead.
      Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
      Beating them won't help your pairwise rating nearly as much. In fact, I expect MN's opponents to all have asterisks next to their RPIs at season's end.
      Like this

13 Excluded Maine's 2 wins over UND because their game RPIs (-0.1063) would have lowered Maine's RPI (0.5205)

Comment

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
        had to work a fundraiser tonight... anyone dvr it have the capability to throw it on a dvd for me? i'd obviously compensate for materials and shipping...

-g
        Got it. Not sure how well it came out, or when I have the time to burtn to DVD, but it's on my computer.

Edit: Just checked it, looks like it came out fine. Sometimes, my computer has a problem with recording, and it slows up, so audio doesn't always sync up with the video. No problems with this one. Just gotta edit out the commercials and set up some chapters, whenever I find time.
        Last edited by rufus; 10-23-2010, 11:27 PM.
        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

I am no longer worried about the goaltending situation, Sullivan and Sirman were great, the whole team looks great. Though I think it's time to give someone besides Nemec an opportunity to play.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
            Got it. Not sure how well it came out, or when I have the time to burtn to DVD, but it's on my computer.

Edit: Just checked it, looks like it came out fine. Sometimes, my computer has a problem with recording, and it slows up, so audio doesn't always sync up with the video. No problems with this one. Just gotta edit out the commercials and set up some chapters, whenever I find time.
            awesome... no rush, just bummed i had to miss it as like many, i have an affinity for the sioux given their history with maine... shoot me an email when you get it together...

Comment

Good show this weekend Bears!!!! Consider me, now, a U Maine fan.
              You just gotta love the "Brotherhood"
              GO HAWKS!

Comment

Matt Mangene is a machine!!! I was very impressed, where ever the puck was he was involved everytime he was on the ice. Great weekend for Maine

Comment

Originally posted by bearsFan93 View Post
                  I am no longer worried about the goaltending situation, Sullivan and Sirman were great, the whole team looks great. Though I think it's time to give someone besides Nemec an opportunity to play.
                  I'm glad you're so confident. Not sure what you saw from Sirman(other than a win) that gives you that confidence. He looked better than last year and made a few really good save but... I thought Sullivan was quite calm out there, played his angles and used his big body. Not sure he moves side to side as well as he needs but Saturday was a big game and he did well. Like to see a shot chart, he stopped a few in close and kept the rebounds in front of him
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                    I'm glad you're so confident. Not sure what you saw from Sirman(other than a win) that gives you that confidence. He looked better than last year and made a few really good save but... I thought Sullivan was quite calm out there, played his angles and used his big body. Not sure he moves side to side as well as he needs but Saturday was a big game and he did well. Like to see a shot chart, he stopped a few in close and kept the rebounds in front of him
                    Agreed. Sirman looked OK. Sullivan looked better. Neither looked like Jimmy Howard...yet. All in all ...have to be pleased with goalie performance so far this year.

What's deal with Ouellette? Word is he's healthy. Why no start yet? Would like to see him in prime time. Maybe he can stuff the breakaway.

Great experience in Orono this weekend. Haven't done back to back from the Portland area in awhile. Glad we did this weekend. Student section was great. Place was packed and raucous. Team effort was great both nights. Looking forward to the HE schedule.

Last non-conference opponent to sweep NoDak? According to Siouxsports.com it was also Maine! Hear the Black Bears get to go to UND next year for two more.

By the way...we haven't seen any parking issues in the Preferred Parking Lot (yeah...we got fed up of walking from the Performing Arts Center when it was 15 below).
                    topshelf

Comment

Originally posted by topshelf View Post
                      Agreed. Sirman looked OK. Sullivan looked better. Neither looked like Jimmy Howard...yet. All in all ...have to be pleased with goalie performance so far this year.

What's deal with Ouellette? Word is he's healthy. Why no start yet? Would like to see him in prime time. Maybe he can stuff the breakaway.

Great experience in Orono this weekend. Haven't done back to back from the Portland area in awhile. Glad we did this weekend. Student section was great. Place was packed and raucous. Team effort was great both nights. Looking forward to the HE schedule.

Last non-conference opponent to sweep NoDak? According to Siouxsports.com it was also Maine! Hear the Black Bears get to go to UND next year for two more.

By the way...we haven't seen any parking issues in the Preferred Parking Lot (yeah...we got fed up of walking from the Performing Arts Center when it was 15 below).
                      Nor will either of these two guyz ever look like Jimmy Howard. You could see he was special the first game he played. Big and quick. All you can ask from the goalies is to make the saves they should make, be consistent , and hopefully steal a game or two. I like what I saw from Sullivan especially this weekend. For a huge series, he looked confident and wasnt flopping all over the place. Dell, the little guy for UND, also had a good game and saw some rockets no one makes the save on. Great goaltending at both ends last night. A little shakey from both goalies friday night.
                      I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Wow, congrats Maine on a great weekend! Hopefully you'll come into the Gut overconfident next weekend....

Comment

Originally posted by Pucknut View Post
                          While planting grass and ringing it with boulders over the summer, the parking area on College Ave. between the Alfond and the steam plant, is no longer. We lost about 30 parking spaces. Not a very good idea when parking is at a premium. Last night they blocked off the lot nearest the west end of the field house losing an additional 60 spaces, maybe they want us to take the Orono shuttle. I wonder if King James had a handle in that before he left.
                          Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
                          The parking situation is a mess. What are they thinking???
                          You guys actually use spaces??? Haha....ever since I graduated (2002) and have been a season ticket holder, I've parked more illegally than legally. Grass, medians, any open space. They know they don't have enough spaces, so they never do anything about it. As long as you don't do something idiotic like completely block a fire lane or block the entrance to somehting, you'll be fine. Heck, people were parking on the grass, right across from the Walsh Center in front of the old Crossland Alumni Center. Cops standing right there, never said a word.
                          You know you go to UMaine if...

...you think Bananas is a good name for a giant bear.
                          ...you would riot after hockey games but its too darn cold.
                          ...you think hockey is the only sport that matters.
                          ...you hate UNH.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                            Agreed that Sullivan looked "better" than Sirman this weekend.......but in Sirman's defense, last night's game was more conducive to keeping the goaltender involved in the game and on his toes.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                              Nor will either of these two guyz ever look like Jimmy Howard. You could see he was special the first game he played. Big and quick. All you can ask from the goalies is to make the saves they should make, be consistent , and hopefully steal a game or two. I like what I saw from Sullivan especially this weekend. For a huge series, he looked confident and wasnt flopping all over the place. Dell, the little guy for UND, also had a good game and saw some rockets no one makes the save on. Great goaltending at both ends last night. A little shakey from both goalies friday night.
                              There won't be many games when Maine scores less than 3 goals this season.......they won't need to be perfect. Hopefully, by the time the playoffs roll around they will be more confident and "seasoned" because that is when goaltending will REALLY matter.

Comment

Anyone know if we had any recruits in the building for the North Dakota series?
                                You know you go to UMaine if...

...you think Bananas is a good name for a giant bear.
                                ...you would riot after hockey games but its too darn cold.
                                ...you think hockey is the only sport that matters.
                                ...you hate UNH.

Comment

Working...
                                X