X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BoSox3066
    replied
    Re: Maine Black Bears 2010 - 2011

Maine stunk up the joint tonight which goes without saying.....Sullivan was aveage, if he matched Muse you're looking at 1-0 game. Maybe 2-0 but the shorty to Gibbons and the third goal were bad. Maine couldn't win draws and that was killer.....no forecheck at all. Missed Dimmen and O'Neill on the 5x3 badly. If Dimmen's out long term the PP's going to need to be completely retooled strategy wise. Yuck.

Leave a comment:

• Howitz-ah
    replied

Originally posted by Maine fan at UNH View Post
    That was absolutely miserable to watch. BC did a great job all around and Maine didn't adapt at all.
    Yes. But as I pointed out previously - our strategy is to make as few adjustments as possible. Make sure our opponents know exactly what to prepare for, and never, ever stir your gameplan to keep the other team guessing. That's just plain cruel.

Our full proof plan now will be to exclusively play Sirman until he's burnt out.

That might be as quickly as this coming Saturday, but hey, it might be February! He did make 6 saves after the game was long decided so I'd say his hands are pretty hot. We won't know until we try it.

Afterall, we can't risk playing that Sullivan kid anytime soon. I mean, remember that ONE rough game he had against Boston College last...er...tonight? We'd be jeopardizing our chances if we played him again.

TIMMAY!
    Last edited by Howitz-ah; 11-19-2010, 09:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• acs64
    replied

Now we get to see whether this Maine coaching staff is worth a ....

Leave a comment:

• acs64
    replied

Now we get to see whether this Maine coaching staff is worth a ....

Leave a comment:

• Maine fan at UNH
    replied

That was absolutely miserable to watch. BC did a great job all around and Maine didn't adapt at all.

Leave a comment:

• Runsub5
    replied

Maine's defense gives goal tending a big boost. Today's article by Larry.

http://new.bangordailynews.com/2010/...allenge-vs-bc/

Leave a comment:

• Erix_The_Red
    replied

If the Alfond every lost its barn-ness or the awesome acoustics of its roof, I'd weep.

Leave a comment:

• Maineiak
    replied

Originally posted by walrus View Post
    I read it earlier, while I agree that certain seats suck, saying we should look at Agganis for a blueprint is lacking in common sense. Agganis cost 150 million, the U can't afford a new toilet seat let alone the cost for the updates coming next summer. Thankfully Alfond can and is willing to donate the few million it takes for new ice, boards etc.
    And aren't our seats some of the cheapest in the league? I think I just saw a single-game Merrimack ticket costs close to $30!

Leave a comment:

• walrus
    replied

Originally posted by Maineiak View Post
    Interesting Fan Feedback piece on the BDN. I actually think I know who this guy is...but there's nothing Earth shattering in there. Plus, he must not know about the RFP that was put out earlier this fall to address both seating and sound (but granted, not the sightlines) among other things.
    I read it earlier, while I agree that certain seats suck, saying we should look at Agganis for a blueprint is lacking in common sense. Agganis cost 150 million, the U can't afford a new toilet seat let alone the cost for the updates coming next summer. Thankfully Alfond can and is willing to donate the few million it takes for new ice, boards etc.

Leave a comment:

• Maineiak
    replied

Interesting Fan Feedback piece on the BDN. I actually think I know who this guy is...but there's nothing Earth shattering in there. Plus, he must not know about the RFP that was put out earlier this fall to address both seating and sound (but granted, not the sightlines) among other things.

Leave a comment:

• Ma#1ne Hky
    replied

Originally posted by MaineMan View Post
    Not sure if anyone posted this yet but I thought this was an interesting quote from Tim Whitehead about the goaltending situation.

"Dave Alexander, our goalie coach, has done a fabulous job helping these young goalies gain some confidence and improve technically and move forward each week. Dan Sullivan has taken the front spot for now, but Shawn Sirman, who is vastly improved over last year, is pushing him. Martin Ouellette, who might be the most talented of the three, is the youngest and he is going to start challenging for ice time. What is exciting for us is that what was a weakness last year has really become a strength now. It is going to be a long season so I am sure that there will be some ups and downs with the goaltending. We are pleased with their attitude and focus. Their work ethic has been tremendous, improving each weekend. It’s not an accident; they are working hard to get better.”
    -Tim Whitehead 10/16/10
    Thanks for the UPDATE.

Leave a comment:

• gscott13
    replied

lenzi's latest update... sheds a little light on the o'neill injury... i'm guessing it's a sprained knee

http://www.pressherald.com/blogs/lenzi/108746069.html

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by walrus View Post
    That season Morrison played in big games, my comment was before that season pre 2001, 2002
    2000-01

vs North Dakota: Yeats (T), Yeats (L)
    @ Cornell: Morrison (T)
    @ UHN: Yeats (T), Yeats (L)
    vs BU: Yeats (T), Yeats (W)
    @BC:: Morrison (L), Yeats (L)
    vs UHN: Yeats (W)

Hockey East Tournament
    vs NE: Yeats (W), Yeats (W)
    vs PC: Yeats (L)

NCAA Tournament
    vs Minn: Yeats (W)
    vs BC: Yeats (L)

Leave a comment:

• Howitz-ah
    replied

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
    Dont worry...I had a chat with Timmy today....gonna be Ouellette on friday night. A virtual unknown.
    Well thank God someone gets me here!

Leave a comment:

• walrus
    replied

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    Link

@ North Dakota: Yeats (L), Morrison (W)
    vs BU: Morrison (L)
    @UHN: Yeats (L)
    vs BC: Morrison (W), Yeats (T)
    vs UHN: Morrison (W), Morrison (T)
    @ BC: Morrison (L)
    @ BU: Morrison (W), Yeats (T)

Hockey East Tournament
    BC: Morrison (W), Yeats (W)
    vs BU: Yeats (W)
    vs UHN: Yeats (L)

NCAA Tournament
    vs Harvard: Morrison (W)
    vs BU: Yeats (W)
    vs UHN: Morrison (W)
    @ Minn: Yeats (L)
    That season Morrison played in big games, my comment was before that season pre 2001, 2002

Leave a comment:

Working...
X