X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mwade
    replied
    Re: Maine Black Bears 2010 - 2011

FYI, the recap got fixed so the gallery shows now - http://www.uscho.com/recaps/2010/11/19/bc-blanks-maine/

Leave a comment:

• Runsub5
    replied

Unfortunately, BC "owns Maine" in recent games. According to Larry BC is 6-0-1 at Conte in the last 7 contests. In the last 16 games at Conte BC is 11-2-3. Time for a Maine win on Sunday.

Leave a comment:

• BlackBear8
    replied

hopefully this one wakes em up a bit. pretty much a snoozer. i would go with sullivan again too. the power play better get its act together. abbott can get a shot through. maybe try something different, eh? lookin a little moldy.

Leave a comment:

• gscott13
    replied

Originally posted by walrus View Post
    Was it Diimens anlkle that got tweaked? If so let the guy take a few weeks off as he has been battling that for months
    unfortunately, it was his ankle.... whitehead said that he would be sitting out sunday's game according to lenzi and according to larry, o'connor will take is place
    Last edited by gscott13; 11-20-2010, 10:00 AM.

Leave a comment:

• walrus
    replied

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
    Now we get to see whether this Maine coaching staff is worth a ....
    Thats just too easy

Was it Diimens anlkle that got tweaked? If so let the guy take a few weeks off as he has been battling that for months.

Not shocked they lost, not shocked they got blown off the ice. BC is a battled tested team and Maine isn't. All is not lost, they have a chance to split on Sunday. I'd play Sully again

Leave a comment:

• Fishman'81
    replied

Well,whatever...

I ain't gonna look it up,but when was the last time somebody swept BC at Conte?(Yes,I realize that everyone else plays home-and-home in HE aside from Maine,but still...)I would have been delighted with a split,even if it was offered to me last night.

Maine is still pretty suspect in their own zone.I'm thinking that they're a NCAA team,but I don't think that they're gonna make much of a splash until next year,and only then if the 'tending is better than average.

And if it is,watch out...Timmy can get one with this group of forwards,and better housekeeping.

Leave a comment:

• Carmine Scarpaglia
    replied

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
    video is up on bc's site... d-man does block the shot and atkinson's second effort slips through... little bit of traffic in front on the rebound... looks like the puck may have jumped on nyquist as he went to his backhand on the penalty shot....
    His move wasn't all that bad, when he went to his first move he should have gone five-hole when he brought it back as he had Muse opened up a bit. Still not a great effort from Gus.

Leave a comment:

• gscott13
    replied

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
    On the third goal, Atkinson's shot got blocked by the defenseman skating through but he overskated the play after he blocked it and it dropped right back onto Atkinson's stick who now had a shooting lane. Technically Sullivan never really made a save since the one shot went into the net eventually on the trickle. I still don't know if it went five hole or if it went under his right arm.

We'll have to see if the video is clear when BC puts it up on the website.
    video is up on bc's site... d-man does block the shot and atkinson's second effort slips through... little bit of traffic in front on the rebound... looks like the puck may have jumped on nyquist as he went to his backhand on the penalty shot....

Leave a comment:

• Carmine Scarpaglia
    replied

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
    third goal: save, rebound, save... err, trickle in through pads.
    On the third goal, Atkinson's shot got blocked by the defenseman diving across but he slid past the play after he blocked it and it dropped right back onto Atkinson's stick who now had a shooting lane. Technically Sullivan never really made a save since the one shot went into the net eventually on the trickle. I still don't know if it went five hole or if it went under his right arm.

edit - video on bceagles is up. Definitely seems like the Atkinson goal was underneath his blocker arm and went in on the richochet. Mullane's goal is confirmed with 2 Maine players and 1 BC player screening Sullivan. Carey's goal might have been a tip of a backdoor pass that was not intended for him. I can't believe that Maine defenseman swept the puck away on Dumoulin's wide open net in the 3rd. Wow.
    Last edited by Carmine Scarpaglia; 11-19-2010, 11:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• gscott13
    replied

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
    thanks... sounded from the maine broadcast that he picked off an attempted clear off of a rebound and put it in... i forgot that it squeaked through him

Leave a comment:

• FiveHole12
    replied

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
    without having seen it, here are my thoughts...

first goal was while bc was on a 5 on 3 powerplay on a shot that was deflected... can't really fault him on that one...
    second goal was on sullivan... tried to headman the puck and put right to gibbons...
    third one sounded like a bad turnover by maine leading to a quick shot...
    fourth - was again on the powerplay which imo cannot be blamed on a goaltender unless it is something egregious...
    first goal: correct. hard crisp pass across the crease on the tape. No shot needed... make contact with the puck and it's a goal. Great pass. Not on Sully.
    second goal: correct. on Sullivan.
    fourth goal: I don't think Suliivan ever saw it. Hard wrister.

Leave a comment:

• gscott13
    replied

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
    We'll see what happens Sunday. Are the players planning on taking in the BC-UVA game or taking a free day around town?
    i read something that said they would not be attending the game... probably watching film and practicing somewhere on saturday...

Leave a comment:

• Carmine Scarpaglia
    replied

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
    According to radio reports Sullivan didn't play that badly. One of the goals (2nd?), was on a turnover when Sullivan left the net to play the puck and turned it over. Youthful mistake. Maine's power play efficiency continues to be a big problem. Just a bad game all around.
    Any time you let the other team put the puck into an empty net that's bad. Maybe the Tom Atkinson goal was a soft one as he had a clear view of it seemingly and got a big piece of it but it still went in. He had no shot on the Carey goal and might not have seen the Mullane goal, which was a snipe inside the post with two Maine players screening him.

Maine did not look good tonight at all but it was kind of a strange game, Maine won a lot of battles in the first two periods but still didn't bring much offense to the table with that. Still, this game could have been much different if they had not hit two posts in the first plus the Nyquist penalty shot in the first, which was one of the worst penalty shots I've ever seen. Really, very few players stood out for Maine. A few times I noticed a guy once and realized he was playing tonight (Amestoy and Corkum come to mind) and that was the only time I noticed them. Nyquist was very quiet aside from the penalty shot. Diamond was active and had some nice moves near the BC net that got it into the crease before BC cleared it away. Flynn and House were very quiet as well.

We'll see what happens Sunday. Are the players planning on taking in the BC-UVA game or taking a free day around town?

Leave a comment:

• gscott13
    replied

without having seen it, here are my thoughts...

first goal was while bc was on a 5 on 3 powerplay on a shot that was deflected... can't really fault him on that one...
    second goal was on sullivan... tried to headman the puck and put right to gibbons...
    third one sounded like a bad turnover by maine leading to a quick shot...
    fourth - was again on the powerplay which imo cannot be blamed on a goaltender unless it is something egregious...

that said, give sirman the start on sunday and see how it goes... if he plays well, go with a rotation between the two... if he gets shelled, give ouellette a look

Leave a comment:

• Runsub5
    replied

According to radio reports Sullivan didn't play that badly. One of the goals (2nd?), was on a turnover when Sullivan left the net to play the puck and turned it over. Youthful mistake. Maine's power play efficiency continues to be a big problem. Just a bad game all around.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X