• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• walrus
    replied
    Re: Maine Black Bears 2010 - 2011

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
    Running the goalie's been a constant since what Bishop's injuries? I can't remember Jimmy ever getting run. Change in style of Maine, or their opponents?
    You want to deal with Prestin. The team has the personality of its coach

Leave a comment:

• BoSox3066
    replied

Running the goalie's been a constant since what Bishop's injuries? I can't remember Jimmy ever getting run. Change in style of Maine, or their opponents?

Leave a comment:

• GoBlackBears
    replied

Former Black Bear Paul Lynch has died

http://knoxvilleicebears.com/news/fo...an_passes_away

Leave a comment:

• walrus
    replied

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
    Perhaps because there wasn't close team unity when Darling was on the team. There were many underlying issues surrounding Darling that most of us will never know about.
    That could be true especially last year but the year before? Either way the team is pretty passive

Leave a comment:

• Runsub5
    replied

Originally posted by walrus View Post
    Yeah, good but for the most part Darling got run at will and no one did a thing
    Perhaps because there wasn't close team unity when Darling was on the team. There were many underlying issues surrounding Darling that most of us will never know about.

Leave a comment:

• walrus
    replied

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
    Didn't see the snow job in question but I've seen Will O'Neill defend his goalie and not get benched a bunch of times. Just another area where they missed him at Conte
    Yeah, good but for the most part Darling got run at will and no one did a thing

Leave a comment:

• BoSox3066
    replied

Originally posted by walrus View Post
    I thought it was pretty obvious but he was complaining because a Maine Dman didn't stick up for his goalie . He thinks Timmay would bench a Dman who would stick for his goalie so they don't do it. In other words, Maine plays very passively, Diamond like Prestin doesn't
    Didn't see the snow job in question but I've seen Will O'Neill defend his goalie and not get benched a bunch of times. Just another area where they missed him at Conte

Leave a comment:

• walrus
    replied

Originally posted by Moose98 View Post
    child please!

diamond is praised for playing like a punk the entire weekend and you're getting your panties in a bunch about a little bit of snow? when did you mainers get so soft?
    I thought it was pretty obvious but he was complaining because a Maine Dman didn't stick up for his goalie . He thinks Timmay would bench a Dman who would stick for his goalie so they don't do it. In other words, Maine plays very passively, Diamond like Prestin doesn't
    Last edited by walrus; 11-22-2010, 04:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Moose98
    replied

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
    but we don't play like that at Maine
    child please!

diamond is praised for playing like a punk the entire weekend and you're getting your panties in a bunch about a little bit of snow? when did you mainers get so soft?

Leave a comment:

• KnowItAll
    replied

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
    mumble/jumble...thats all you have...since the Denver trip if I can recall....
    I take it all back

What do Brian Rolston and Blaine Lacher have in common with Niko Dimitrakos and Jimmy Howard

Leave a comment:

• sandiegoblkbr
    replied

Sullivan needs to have his helmet painted.......white ones are for 3rd stringers.

Leave a comment:

• walrus
    replied

Originally posted by mwade View Post
    They just want to criticize Whitehead; having a winning record irritates some of them.
    I doubt a winning record irritates anyone but getting spanked at BC certainly does

Leave a comment:

• Ma#1ne Hky
    replied

Originally posted by mwade View Post
    They just want to criticize Whitehead; having a winning record irritates some of them.
    Not REALLY.

Leave a comment:

• Ma#1ne Hky
    replied

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
    instead of knee-jerk reacting and "disagreeing" with me, perhaps you might have read what I wrote, and realized that we completely agree... playing position is common sense, but not the Timmy way.

I spoke with Muse after today's game and he apologized after I told him about all of the Frozen Fours that Tim had been to prior to Muse's arrival at BC... he apologized for the shut out and the sweep and said that if he HAD known about the frozen fours, he would have personally seen to it that Maine would have won at least one game this weekend.

See, all those Frozen Fours really DO matter.
    mumble/jumble...thats all you have...since the Denver trip if I can recall....

Leave a comment:

• mwade
    replied

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    Snow showers happen all the time by every team, however, I was surprised to see no reaction from any Black Bear.

Curious as to how each Maine fan would rank the goalies. I've seen people talk about Ouellette, know Sirman from last season and saw Sullivan this weekend. Thought Sullivan looked pretty good today. What is it that you guys want? A rotation? A three man rotation?
    Last edited by mwade; 11-22-2010, 12:50 AM. Reason: added "some of" as there are some Maine fans posting that are not filled with an irrational hatred of the coach.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X