Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Union College Dutchmen Hockey 2010-11: There's one way and that's to Atlantic City!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Union College Dutchmen Hockey 2010-11: There's one way and that's to Atlantic Cit

Someone gave Union a 1st place vote in the USCHO poll...I could guess who but i'm sure i'll see it @ 5PM when a certain Schenectady writer publishes who he voted for.

Pretty cool...I personally think NoDak or BC have better resume's to date and would give one of them my 1st place vote, Union did only get 3 points this weekend with a tie against a ~.500 team. But you could probably put NoDak BC Yale and Union anywhere in the top 4.

Comment

• Re: Union College Dutchmen Hockey 2010-11: There's one way and that's to Atlantic Cit

[QUOTE=uniondutch21;5056186]Someone gave Union a 1st place vote in the USCHO poll...I could guess who but i'm sure i'll see it @ 5PM when a certain Schenectady writer publishes who he voted for.

Bet if you go to his blog now you will already find out...

Comment

Just looking at the Pairwise.... Union is now definitely within shouting distance of a number one seed in the NCAAs. They already lead in RPI over Denver and Michigan and are within shouting distance of BC. Their TUC record of 10-7-3 puts them within one game of Michigan at 11-6-3 (and the tie goes to Union by RPI). Denver's a little tough to catch unless they slip a lot, but BC at 9-5-0 is potentially doable. Good luck! Two ECAC seeds at #1 would certainly get people talking... but there's a ways to go yet.

Comment

Originally posted by goblue78 View Post
          Just looking at the Pairwise.... Union is now definitely within shouting distance of a number one seed in the NCAAs. They already lead in RPI over Denver and Michigan and are within shouting distance of BC. Their TUC record of 10-7-3 puts them within one game of Michigan at 11-6-3 (and the tie goes to Union by RPI). Denver's a little tough to catch unless they slip a lot, but BC at 9-5-0 is potentially doable. Good luck! Two ECAC seeds at #1 would certainly get people talking... but there's a ways to go yet.
          Is it even confirmed that we will definitely make the tournament?
          LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

I don't think so. But I wasn't looking at your downside. I was looking at the upside!

Comment

Originally posted by UnionHockeyManiac View Post
              I believe the lowest Priceless was able to get you guys, at least according to the PWR thread, was 10th. I'm not sure, though. We'd probably know better next week.

Comment

Originally posted by UnionHockeyManiac View Post
                I dont think it is possible for them not to make it. The next team they play will not be a TUC. If RPI can go 2-4-2 in their last 8 and 1-4-1 in their last 6 and still be in the tourney as the 13 seed I think if we lost the next round we would be a 3 seed or somewhere around there.

Maybe USCHO will put up a pairwise predictor again...

Comment

Originally posted by uniondutch21 View Post
                  I dont think it is possible for them not to make it. The next team they play will not be a TUC. If RPI can go 2-4-2 in their last 8 and 1-4-1 in their last 6 and still be in the tourney as the 13 seed I think if we lost the next round we would be a 3 seed or somewhere around there.

Maybe USCHO will put up a pairwise predictor again...
                  Qpac is currently a TUC and will likely remain as one even if they lose two games to the Dutchmen. If that series goes to 3 games and you then finish 4th at Atlantic City, that's adding a 2-3 record to your (pretty good) 10-7-3 record. Also, I was able to bring your RPI down to 0.5541, but that wasn't accounting for many of the other games going on in the next few weeks. Granted, that only brought you down to the 7 seed, but I haven't played around with this site enough.

The Pairwise predictor usually shows up heading into the final weekend (although there is the possibility that it will show up before your series starts) before the selection process.
                  Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

I still can't believe we're having this discussion, but I'm loving it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
                      I still can't believe we're having this discussion, but I'm loving it.
                      Funny, isn't it? Just 2 years ago, while we could see the program on the rise, we still had no clue when this could happen. I guess my expectations have risen, as well, because I don't see Union missing the NCAAs. Weirder things have happened and who knows what could happen over the next two weekends, but...at the moment...I have a hard time seeing them not get a bid.

Of course, I'd like to go back to the late 90s when the conference regular season champ got the automatic bid and we wouldn't need to have this discussion.
                      Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

I got to hold the Cleary Cup last night along with other fans at Bomber's. Pretty cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
                          I got to hold the Cleary Cup last night along with other fans at Bomber's. Pretty cool.
                          Way cool! I remember...sort of...drinking beer out of a big silver trophy with lots of names on it a small NYC bar back in '94. The trophy is not just the prize of the victors, but their fans too! Let's hope this is not a "chance" meeting you had with the cup and that the boys are permitted to show off the cup at both formal and informal public gatherings. It would serve to both bolster pride for the players and excite the fanbase for the 2nd season.

Great to have a bye week, but I can't wait to keep going.
                          GoooooU

Comment

Less than 24 hours to get your ECAC Pick The Playoffs 2011 Edition Picks in. Remember 7:00PM Friday Knight is the cutoff.
                            Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                            And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                            WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                            If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

First time on this forum. I became a Union fan last year. My daughter's a sophomore at Union. I saw a couple of games last year including senior night and the ECAC finals in Albany. This year I have seen both Yale games, the Dartmouth loss at home, Harvard and and the Cleary cup game with Princeton. I have followed ( as well as played a little back in the 70's at UMass Amherst when they were Division 2 ) college hockey for a number of years. My younger brother actually played in the Frozen Four with Dartmouth the last 2 times they were there. My point is that the current Union team seems to have that special quality that sets them apart from some of the other very good teams not only in ECAC but the rest of the country. When this team brings the tough forchecking and finishes all it's checks like they did to Yale at home they are a real joy to watch. They are now venturing into uncharted waters as a team. Lets hope they keep that focus that has so far allowed them live the dream that every college hockey player dreams of.

Comment

Welcome on board to Uniondad..., hope to see more posts from you. Prez and Zaj are two of three finalists for ECAC top defensive forward. A weekend without hockey...what to do?

http://www.ecachockey.com/men/2010-1..._Forward_Final

Comment

Working...
                                X