Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College 2010-2011 In-Season Thread: Long Live The "Eagle" Empire!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College 2010-2011 In-Season Thread: Long Live The "Eagle" Empire!

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
    One year of finishing 6th in Hockey East and getting knocked out in the first round of the playoffs means we're not allowed to say Merrimack sucks anymore?

Oh, but everyone thinks they're going to be awesome this year. Just like Lowell last year.
    Hey, listen I'll be the first to say it..you have to earn your respect in HE. Merrimack has been at the bottom of the league for quite some time and while I resent the comment that we "suck" I don't blame you for saying it.

What we showed the league last year is that we can compete, and this will be the year that can define the Warriors as a team that does not suck. Your reference to Lowell is a good one and one that should be considered...but not until after this season...until then I think there are other teams (*cough* PC) that are more deserving of that four letter word.
    Before there was a band there was "the drum guy"

@SalvucciM

Comment

Originally posted by Salvo1017 View Post
      Hey, listen I'll be the first to say it..you have to earn your respect in HE. Merrimack has been at the bottom of the league for quite some time and while I resent the comment that we "suck" I don't blame you for saying it.

What we showed the league last year is that we can compete, and this will be the year that can define the Warriors as a team that does not suck. Your reference to Lowell is a good one and one that should be considered...but not until after this season...until then I think there are other teams (*cough* PC) that are more deserving of that four letter word.
      Hey, I like Dennehy and what he's been doing. I think Merrimack will finish around 5th this year. But I'm glad you acknowledge that Merrimack still has to actually go out and do something in HE before anyone crowns them with anything.

If you go back and read the discussion that prompted the comments about Merrimack you'll see that they fit in that context - the discussion was about weak programs in a power conference. Until the perception of Merrimack changes in HE they're a good poster child for a weak program in HE. Providence is awful now, but they have some history and tradition and could get back to respectability with a real coach.
      BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
      -
      Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Providence is awful now, but they have some history and tradition and could get back to respectability with a real coach.
        Oh man... did ya have to say that? You just went and pizzed Hokydad off to no end. So much for the BC thread.
        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

FYI, Brian Gibbons is tied for third in career points among active players per Miami's game notes.

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
          HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
          HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by mwade View Post
            FYI, Brian Gibbons is tied for third in career points among active players per Miami's game notes.
            Among all D-1 players I assume? What about Joe Whitney?

Comment

Originally posted by mwade View Post
              Best player in Hockey East.
              Originally posted by reBlur
              the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                Better than Atkinson or Kreider?
                Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

What about that 1st PP unit of Kreider/Gibbons/Atkinson up front with J Whitney/S Whitney on D. Like the old days with Farkas, Gionta, Mottau, etc...

Comment

Absurd that Gibbons wasn't drafted by anyone. He's not that small and built like a truck. He might lead the team in points and pims this year. Should be right there in the Hobey race, too.

Comment

it's been evident that he likes Brian Gibbons for quite some time now not that i totally agree but i know what he's saying

Comment

Hey thanks five hole 12. I just found out, I'm a lesbian too.
                        I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                          Hey thanks five hole 12. I just found out, I'm a lesbian too.
                          'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

thief
                            “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                            Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                            Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                            National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

One year of finishing 6th in Hockey East and getting knocked out in the first round of the playoffs means we're not allowed to say Merrimack sucks anymore?

Oh, but everyone thinks they're going to be awesome this year. Just like Lowell last year.
                              Please point out where "everyone thinks they're going to be awesome this year"? The expectation from most is that they will be better; the highest I've seen anyone picking them is 5th (even you said that!). IIRC, Lowell was projected in the top 3? As an alum, the whole "Merrimack sucks", Merrihack stuff gets old; I think they're making strides away from being a perennial HE doormat and I hope it continues.
                              I think 5th-6th is a rational projection.
                              Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
                                I'll be curious what kind of crowd you get considering the Patriots are playing Indianapolis that afternoon. I can't wait to see how Moss does vs. that Indy secondary, oh wait...fail.
                                Hey, I'm just happy to go to a game
                                Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

Working...
                                X