Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College 2010-2011 In-Season Thread: Long Live The "Eagle" Empire!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College 2010-2011 In-Season Thread: Long Live The "Eagle" Empire!

does that mean four years in high school, two on the us national development team, and 4 in college?

Comment

if you leave you have to do a 4/2/4

whicjh means leave your current 4 year school, enroll in a 2 year program, transfer the credits. then graduate with an associate degree and go back to a 4 year school and hope they accept the credits. some try it with on line and get stopped at door the following year

very difficult but is done. lavin did it and is at notre dame. a kid left northeastern 2 years ago, went to vernon and is now at dartmouth

lyles and murphy are doing it as we speak

Comment

Lavin left PC after the first semester of his Soph year.
        His departure had nothing to do with academics.
        Played junior for the remainder of the year.
        Entered Notre Dame in the fall, practiced with the team and began playing the second semester.
        He is currently a senior and will be done at the end of this season.

Comment

Originally posted by tarp View Post
          Entered Notre Dame in the fall, practiced with the team and began playing the second semester.
          Saponari didn't leave for academic reasons either. But any time you're talking about transferring from one school to another, it has EVERYTHING to do with academics. Not just whether or not you're smart enough to get in, but also if your credits will transfer and other stuff.
          Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

If anybody happens to have an extra ticket for Friday @ BU and would be interested in trading for an ticket Saturday @ BC let me know... email: quiddlet@gmail.com
            Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

• Originally posted by tarp View Post

Mostly true
              very good student but did not enroll in the fall as you state. Played the first half of last year with Omaha in the USHL as an 89 over aged player
              Joined Notre Dame for the 2nd semester only and did very well
              Did the 4/2/4 as stated
              Tough to do with USHL tra vel etc b but is becoming more common

Anelowski at UNO did it as well
              Played with Cedar Rapids last year

USHL is working with NCAA to make it work and be called a gap year

Comment

Is it official that Vinny isn't going to be at BC? Where are you guys hearing this?

I hope something pans out for him, he's got talent. Hopefully his head stays on straight.

In any case, see you all this weekend.

Cheers!
                Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

I wonder how USCHO is going to spin this one on the front page?
                  Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

Originally posted by Zudnic View Post
                    I wonder how USCHO is going to spin this one on the front page?
                    I wonder which of these two old geezer coaches keels over from the big one first.
                    I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

When's the last time they put up 9? I recall a home game vs UMass maybe 6-8 years ago that they won 9-0. Any wins on that scale on the road anyone can recall? Yale last year doesn't count..

Edit; answered my own question. oct 15 2005 at Bowling Green. 9-6 BC won.
                      Last edited by Zudnic; 12-03-2010, 10:05 PM.
                      Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

Originally posted by Zudnic View Post
                        When's the last time they put up 9? I recall a home game vs UMass maybe 6-8 years ago that they won 9-0. Any wins on that scale on the road anyone can recall? Yale last year doesn't count..
                        yale, last year?? also won 9-6 against bowling green on 10/15/05
                        “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                        Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                        Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                        National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Watching from the couch tonight, the one goal that really got me pumped was Almeida's. BU had made it 4-1 and was on the PP...what a great individual effort from him. Credit to him for staying at this despite not really moving up the depth chart. You have to believe next year he'll finally have a chance for some top six minutes.

Comment

Mini-gallery is now complete - http://www.uscho.com/photos/2010/12/...on-university/

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
                            HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
                            HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

I put the game on the DVR last night and 'chased it' so I could zip through the intermissions. But I missed the last five minutes of the game because the Refs decided that they wanted to insert themselves into the game and extend it well beyond the 2:30 slot normally expected for a hockey telecast. Shame on them for being annoyingly picky all night. In the end, I wasn't surprised that the Eagles scored nine times, but that--somehow--BU was able to score five.
                              Chris V
                              Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

BC gave themselves a chance to make a statement this weekend. I was not expecting a win at BU, but pleasantly surprised. It certainly must have felt good to quiet that building. There's really no better feeling than blowing out a team in front of their fired up crowd. Now they need to fire up their own crowd and pick up uncle Mo going into the break. This weekend has the potential to catapult this team back to the top of college hockey, or they could just continue on their slightly above average season with a split.

Looking forward to seeing how both teams respond.

Comment

Working...
                                X