Minnesota State, Mankato, Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota State, Mankato, Season Thread

Well, it's less than a week until the Mavs open play with an exhibition game against the University of British Columbia. Season tickets have arrived. I figure it's time to start a thread, even if (like usual) I'm not optimistic. Goaltending remains a question, and a bigger one is who (besides Galiardi) will provide scoring?

But it's hockey, and I'm ready. Drop the puck!
    My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Re: Minnesota State, Mankato, Season Thread

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
    Well, it's less than a week until the Mavs open play with an exhibition game against the University of British Columbia. Season tickets have arrived. I figure it's time to start a thread, even if (like usual) I'm not optimistic. Goaltending remains a question, and a bigger one is who (besides Galiardi) will provide scoring?

Hey, cheer up, you could be a rodent fan!
    There is Hope . . .

Comment

I was actually really impressed with Cook last year. I think he will surprise a lot of people. Not to mention he has the best goalie mask I have seen yet.

Comment

Good luck to you guys this year. Everybody's down on you, so make 'em pay by overlooking you and steal some wins from the big boys!
        tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Not sure when BC visits Mankato but they visit Omaha saturday night. Should be good for comparison. By the time they get this far south their legs will be flimsy.
          UNLEASH THE FURY!!!!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLMMx3MRi0s

Comment

Originally posted by MAVFANJEFF View Post
            Not sure when BC visits Mankato but they visit Omaha saturday night. Should be good for comparison. By the time they get this far south their legs will be flimsy.
            I think you mean BU.
            Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

Originally posted by Zudnic View Post
              I think you mean BU.
              No, I think he means British Columbia. They're in Mankato on Monday 10/4.

Hmm. They've already played a couple of games in Canada, and they'll be in Omaha before they get to Mankato, while the Mavs will be playing their first game. It will be hard to tell much from that.
              My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Five hours 'til game time. Drop the puck!

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                  Good luck to you guys this year. Everybody's down on you, so make 'em pay by overlooking you and steal some wins from the big boys!
                  Don't be mad Euro when it happens to SCSU!!!!!

Comment

Just got back from the game, which was won by a short handed goal (2 men short) by Eli Zuck.

I also was at the game that I believe was the last time the Mavericks (at that time Indians) scored a short handed goal 2 men short. It happened about 30 years ago at the All Seasons Arena against St Scholastica in a game that they won 7 or 8 to nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Iwearpurple View Post
                      Just got back from the game, which was won by a short handed goal (2 men short) by Eli Zuck.

I also was at the game that I believe was the last time the Mavericks (at that time Indians) scored a short handed goal 2 men short. It happened about 30 years ago at the All Seasons Arena against St Scholastica in a game that they won 7 or 8 to nothing.
                      Zach Harrison did it 2 years ago against Bemidji State. It was the third of his three short-handed goals that game after BSU pulled their goalie.
                      Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

Hmm. They've already played a couple of games in Canada, and they'll be in Omaha before they get to Mankato, while the Mavs will be playing their first game. It will be hard to tell much from that.
                        Well lets see.
                        UNO vs UBC 6-1
                        Gophers vs UBC 6-0 in think and
                        Mankato vs UBC 1-0.

Mankato getting the 3rd game from UBC in 3 days when they're the most tired and only scoring 1 goal. That tells me something but I'm sure a few practices with change all that.
                        UNLEASH THE FURY!!!!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLMMx3MRi0s

Comment

Originally posted by Bronzebacks View Post
                          I was actually really impressed with Cook last year. I think he will surprise a lot of people. Not to mention he has the best goalie mask I have seen yet.
                          Cook did look good last night as well, he should be able to keep us in some games early on as some young guys (hopefully) develop some scoring touch.
                          Well lets see.
                          UNO vs UBC 6-1
                          Gophers vs UBC 6-0 in think and
                          Mankato vs UBC 1-0.

Mankato getting the 3rd game from UBC in 3 days when they're the most tired and only scoring 1 goal. That tells me something but I'm sure a few practices with change all that.
                          Only fools compare scores. Six Mavs sat out to give experience and "audition" time to younger players, no time to get all hot and bothered.

My early opinion? This is going to be a hardworking group of guys with a lot of young talent. It hurts losing Leitner for the year, but the freshmen class should be pretty good this year, so hopefully they can put together a pretty good season. This team is led by seniors that have been a goal away from the Final Five in two straight years, don't think they won't understand the importance of every single game. Should be a fun season for the Mavs, I'm really looking forward to it!
                          AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

I just noticed we start out with a serious road schedule and finish with a nice stretch at home! Hopefully they provide some points early and close strong.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Clark Fan Club View Post
                              I just noticed we start out with a serious road schedule and finish with a nice stretch at home! Hopefully they provide some points early and close strong.
                              That's usually the struggle the Mavs have. If they can get their fair share of points early, a young, talented group of guys will be able to get it together and hopefully put together some kind of a run down the stretch.

Looking forward to tonight's game, hopefully we play a little bit better!
                              AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Working...
                              X