Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SCSU 2010-2011 Season Thread- Frozen Four or Bust

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: SCSU 2010-2011 Season Thread- Frozen Four or Bust

    You guys are CRAZY to say that he was a bust, or he won't be missed next year. C-R-A-Z-Y. He was our second best defenseman, and keep in mind, he's still adjusting to North American hockey. Think about how useless he was two years ago and what a transformation he's made in 24 months... would've LOVED to see him for another 12. And with our lack of depth, you know what this is gonna mean? Pencil in Taylor Johnson and Zabs for every game AGAIN.
    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

    Best USCHO quotes to date:

    "UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

    "It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

    "I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

    Comment


    • Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
      You guys are CRAZY to say that he was a bust, or he won't be missed next year. C-R-A-Z-Y. He was our second best defenseman, and keep in mind, he's still adjusting to North American hockey. Think about how useless he was two years ago and what a transformation he's made in 24 months... would've LOVED to see him for another 12. And with our lack of depth, you know what this is gonna mean? Pencil in Taylor Johnson and Zabs for every game AGAIN.
      Even if Lauridsen stayed they were likely to play every game anyway.
      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
      -Gallagher

      R.I.P.
      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

      SCSU 2015-16 scoring by class through 40 games
      Seniors: 210 points (71G, 139A) from 5 players
      Juniors: 39 points (8G, 31A) from 4 players
      Sophomores: 99 points (49G, 50A) from 5 players
      Freshmen: 129 points (43G, 86A) from 8 players

      Comment


      • Re: SCSU 2010-2011 Season Thread- Frozen Four or Bust

        Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
        You guys are CRAZY to say that he was a bust, or he won't be missed next year. C-R-A-Z-Y. He was our second best defenseman, and keep in mind, he's still adjusting to North American hockey. Think about how useless he was two years ago and what a transformation he's made in 24 months... would've LOVED to see him for another 12. And with our lack of depth, you know what this is gonna mean? Pencil in Taylor Johnson and Zabs for every game AGAIN.
        Who said he was a bust?
        I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

        In Bob we Trust!

        The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

        Comment


        • Re: SCSU 2010-2011 Season Thread- Frozen Four or Bust

          Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
          Even if Lauridsen stayed they were likely to play every game anyway.
          But depending on the freshman class and how Burrell improved, there was at least a POSSIBILITY they wouldn't.

          Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
          Who said he was a bust?
          "Just because Oliver did not pan out so well, does not mean Markus can not be successful here." - Bronzebacks

          I realizing saying someone didn't pan out is not the exact same as being a bust, but in USCHO terms, that's not even close to exaggerating. I would not say that he did not pan out, not in the slightest. He was one of the reasons that SCSU's wheels didn't completley fall off. He was a big reason they took three in Duluth, swept the Badgers and split in Denver down the stretch.
          tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

          Best USCHO quotes to date:

          "UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

          "It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

          "I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

          Comment


          • Re: SCSU 2010-2011 Season Thread- Frozen Four or Bust

            If signing a contract to play with an NHL organization is being a bust, where do I sign up? Oliver made a big jump from freshman to sophmore. But took a step back this year. Lost in the arguement is the obvious importance that Raboin had before graduating in the number of minutes and shifts in the "big" sitsuations he logged. Even an entry level pro contract brings pay that i would love to have. And he still has some hope in the "dump it out, use the high glass" NHL style. I wish him well. Potentially, I believe his brother has a bigger up side and will surprise some folks. The Huskies should be fine in 2011-12.

            Comment


            • Re: SCSU 2010-2011 Season Thread- Frozen Four or Bust

              Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
              But depending on the freshman class and how Burrell improved, there was at least a POSSIBILITY they wouldn't.



              "Just because Oliver did not pan out so well, does not mean Markus can not be successful here." - Bronzebacks

              I realizing saying someone didn't pan out is not the exact same as being a bust, but in USCHO terms, that's not even close to exaggerating. I would not say that he did not pan out, not in the slightest. He was one of the reasons that SCSU's wheels didn't completley fall off. He was a big reason they took three in Duluth, swept the Badgers and split in Denver down the stretch.
              I agree, he wasn't a bust. He made some huge strides from his freshman year to this year. I wish him well and hopefully he makes the show one day.
              I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

              In Bob we Trust!

              The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

              Comment


              • Re: SCSU 2010-2011 Season Thread- Frozen Four or Bust

                It looks like our chances of making the Frozen Four are pretty slim for this season. I'm just waiting for Dean Blais' prediction to come true, and Mike Lee leads the team to a national championship. Will it be next season or the season after?
                Bob is making me concerned
                I am the voice of reason

                Comment


                • Re: SCSU 2010-2011 Season Thread- Frozen Four or Bust

                  Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
                  It looks like our chances of making the Frozen Four are pretty slim for this season. I'm just waiting for Dean Blais' prediction to come true, and Mike Lee leads the team to a national championship. Will it be next season or the season after?
                  Skeeterman,

                  This was a cruel joke Mr. Blais played on us. We should probably just focus on making the Final 5 next year. If we can get there, then we can move on to perhaps tournament win #2. KISS. Keep IT Simple Stupid. Not that you are stupid, that is for our D who like to march to the penalty box at the worst possible times.

                  Besides, it will be hard for Lee to take us there when Hardy is our starting goalie.

                  Comment


                  • Re: SCSU 2010-2011 Season Thread- Frozen Four or Bust

                    Originally posted by Bronzebacks View Post
                    Skeeterman,

                    This was a cruel joke Mr. Blais played on us. We should probably just focus on making the Final 5 next year. If we can get there, then we can move on to perhaps tournament win #2. KISS. Keep IT Simple Stupid. Not that you are stupid, that is for our D who like to march to the penalty box at the worst possible times.

                    Besides, it will be hard for Lee to take us there when Hardy is our starting goalie.
                    The way it is going Hardy is going to be the back up and then we are just one injury away from that .....
                    I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

                    In Bob we Trust!

                    The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

                    Comment


                    • Re: SCSU 2010-2011 Season Thread- Frozen Four or Bust

                      Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                      The way it is going Hardy is going to be the back up and then we are just one injury away from that .....
                      So be it. I have faith in Hermantown Hardy. Right Skeeterman?

                      Comment


                      • Re: SCSU 2010-2011 Season Thread- Frozen Four or Bust

                        Originally posted by Bronzebacks View Post
                        So be it. I have faith in Hermantown Hardy. Right Skeeterman?
                        Well, I guess we have to agree, that Hardy is the guy. That Blais and his jokes!! What a guy! Here we thought we were actually going places, or at least winning many games. Although I've always said Lee is the guy, I may be wrong!
                        Bob is making me concerned
                        I am the voice of reason

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X