Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RIT 2010-11: What do Tigers dream of?

Originally posted by Rochester View Post
    He is not Frozen Four material.
    Considering the result of last year's national semifinal, that's probably not the best benchmark to be using..
    2008-09 AHA Regular Season Pick 'em Champion
    2010 AHA Postseason Pick 'em Co-Champ

Comment

Originally posted by RITShockSquad View Post
      Considering the result of last year's national semifinal, that's probably not the best benchmark to be using..
      agree with that. however, I would say that we should go with the goalies that give us the best chance of winning, and right now I think it is either Rope or Watson.

Comment

Originally posted by zyklon
        I'm beginning to develop a strong dislike for you.
        Some say that if you're not taking flak, you're not over the target.

I just wonder why the goal seems to be taking flak.

Comment

Originally posted by nanotiger View Post
          I'm beginning to develop a strong dislike for you.
          y? haha. just stating opinions. i can tone it down if ya want.

Comment

This discussion on who is the better goaltender is pointless. Neither of them have played enough for any of us to make a judgment. The coaching staff sees them and I have faith that they can tell who they want playing. An interesting note from John DiTullio during the game last night was that Madolora will be this team's starting goaltender and that "it is his job to lose." I'm not sure where John got that information, but I trust him and if that is the case, I trust our coaches and whichever netminder they back.

There is simply no way to say any of them suck yet. Especially if you weren't around for the days of George Eliopoulos.
            e^x, dx/dy, Janni wants some apple pie

Go Tigers.

Comment

Originally posted by d4rksabre View Post
              This discussion on who is the better goaltender is pointless. Neither of them have played enough for any of us to make a judgment. The coaching staff sees them and I have faith that they can tell who they want playing. An interesting note from John DiTullio during the game last night was that Madolora will be this team's starting goaltender and that "it is his job to lose." I'm not sure where John got that information, but I trust him and if that is the case, I trust our coaches and whichever netminder they back.

There is simply no way to say any of them suck yet. Especially if you weren't around for the days of George Eliopoulos.
              i wasnt. please educate me?

Comment

Frankly, I don't trust D'Tullio at all. Listening to the TW broadcasts for the last couple of years, it's obvious that the pair of them are clueless about hockey (most obvious example being when Battaglia was wondering "how that isn't a hand pass" when a UM-Lowell player batted a puck to a teammate in his own zone. I don't think he has any inside information, I think he was just talking out of his *** (as is his standard practice)

Comment

Especially if you weren't around for the days of George Eliopoulos.
                  Elio was far from the worst regular starting goalie I have seen at RIT.
                  My Four Favorite teams:
                  RIT and anyone who is beating Canisius
                  Cornell and anyone who is beating Harvard

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. - James Madison

I am not afraid of terrorism, and I want the Government to stop being afraid on my behalf. I understand that it will not be possible to stop all terrorist acts. I am not afraid!!!!

Comment

i heard rumor that people took out their keys saturday night. that is one thing i personally would love to see never done again by rit fans.

in other news, is anyone out there going to the games at RPI / Union this coming weekend? i live in the area and it would be nice to have some other away fans to yell with.
                    i refuse to take out my keys.

ritter arena, ira wilson arena, dwyer arena, tate rink, blue cross arena, buffalo state sports arena, houston fieldhouse, times union center, ford field, messa rink

Comment

There was a whole section (above the pep band) with their keys out. I was not happy about it.

Comment

Originally posted by MattS View Post
                        Elio was far from the worst regular starting goalie I have seen at RIT.
                        yeah he wasn't very good, but you have to remember that he was a D3 level recruit playing in front of what wasn't exactly a defensive minded RIT squad. i think we got spoiled by the quality of the defensive play and goaltending last year.

ritter arena, ira wilson arena, dwyer arena, tate rink, blue cross arena, buffalo state sports arena, houston fieldhouse, times union center, ford field, messa rink

Comment

there is a thread up for this weekends set of rit/niagara at rpi/union if you guys want to weigh in there. please be civil.

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...n-(10-22-10-23)

Comment

Q:
                            Originally posted by zyklon View Post
                            i wasnt. Please educate me?
                            A:
                            Originally posted by matts View Post
                            elio was far from the worst regular starting goalie i have seen at rit.
                            He might not have been the worst, but he was pretty bad. It wasn't all his fault, but he gained a reputation as the goalie you rolled your eyes at.

Originally posted by jflory81 View Post
                            frankly, i don't trust d'tullio at all. Listening to the tw broadcasts for the last couple of years, it's obvious that the pair of them are clueless about hockey (most obvious example being when battaglia was wondering "how that isn't a hand pass" when a um-lowell player batted a puck to a teammate in his own zone. I don't think he has any inside information, i think he was just talking out of his *** (as is his standard practice)
                            You might be right, but it seemed like a pretty bold statement to label it as speculation. Time will certainly prove him right or wrong.

Originally posted by dutchbrowncoat View Post
                            i heard rumor that people took out their keys saturday night. That is one thing i personally would love to see never done again by rit fans.

In other news, is anyone out there going to the games at rpi / union this coming weekend? I live in the area and it would be nice to have some other away fans to yell with.
                            There were far too many people shaking keys with a minute left and a one goal lead. I was so uncomfortable I turned around and chewed out the fans directly behind me on why they shouldn't be doing it. They listened to me. It's just too bad we couldn't get everyone else to put them away. Then I turn around after the tying goal and see one of my friends still playing with his keys. I almost lost it. I'm not huge into the whole "tempting the hockey gods" thing, but the keys definitely sealed the deal that night. Ugh.
                            Last edited by d4rksabre; 10-18-2010, 10:31 AM.
                            e^x, dx/dy, Janni wants some apple pie

Go Tigers.

Comment

Originally posted by dutchbrowncoat View Post
                              yeah he wasn't very good, but you have to remember that he was a D3 level recruit playing in front of what wasn't exactly a defensive minded RIT squad. i think we got spoiled by the quality of the defensive play and goaltending last year.
                              I didn't think he was terrible, but his confidence wasn't always there. He turned in some good performances, but when things went downhill, they'd snowball. And, confidence is so critical for a goalie. He was certainly part of the problem when the team folded after the D1 announcement that year.

Great atmosphere and a very entertaining hockey game Saturday. I was impressed by a lot of the freshman, and I liked how RIT adjusted after the first ten minutes when UMass was taking it to them physically. RIT really held most of the play the rest of the way. It was too bad that two of the goals against were real soft, but you can't write anyone off after one so-so game coming back from injury.

Comment

As far as the maladora/ropponen/watson discussion..

Everyone got one real game (exhibition doesn't count). Now, looking at this one data point, we can all draw some conclusions.

Going into this season, the thought was that madolora was going to be the top dog. watson was likely to be #2, and ropponen was going to be the #3.

Clearly things aren't panning out this way.

Now, I hate losing as much as the next guy, and ties are where everyone loses. Madolora performed poorly - but he also came out with at least a point.

If I were to guess, coach Wilson will probably rotate em around one more time and make the call then. I would not be surprised if we see that happen.

If it were my call? Start Ropponen against RPI, Watson against Union. If either of them are spectacular, they play against RMU - else Madolora gets another shot to prove himself. Best performer gets the gig, perhaps if we have 2 stand outs, we do the Friday 1 guy, Saturday the other guy thing.

All that said, I was devastated Saturday when we tied.

Comment

Working...
                                X