This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: "Next Year" Begins Now: Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread Part I

I don't really mind the losses if the team is competing and trying their best, but if they are going to start slashing and cross-checking then I'm not going to take my kids to the game. That's ridiculous. I mean, obviously I'll take the kids this year because I already bought the tickets, but I'm going to take a good look at the attitude of the team over the next two series. I've been a big Russell supporter because of the attitude of the team even in tough circumstances. If we suck and are can't keep ourselves under control, that's a whole different story.

Comment

Well said Oldish Husky. The penalties that led to the two 5x3s were horrible. Doriott started it all with the pointless cross check when the puck was in the other corner.

We've lost 4 in a row, anyone else surprised Jamie hasn't changed it up too much? Anyone know why Evan Witt hasn't gotten on the ice yet after playing in 32 games last year? Reddick only played in 12 last year, but to not have seen the ice yet is surprising. Anyone know if injuries are involved?

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
        A misspelling in the Tech Alumni newsletter has temporarily brightened my day.
        Originally posted by Beer Pong Horn View Post
        I wonder if board would let Yager rename himself.
        The new name would really fit him I think.
        bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
          Well said Oldish Husky. The penalties that led to the two 5x3s were horrible. Doriott started it all with the pointless cross check when the puck was in the other corner.
          We've lost 4 in a row, anyone else surprised Jamie hasn't changed it up too much? Anyone know why Evan Witt hasn't gotten on the ice yet after playing in 32 games last year? Reddick only played in 12 last year, but to not have seen the ice yet is surprising. Anyone know if injuries are involved?
          Originally posted by oldish husky View Post
          I don't really mind the losses if the team is competing and trying their best, but if they are going to start slashing and cross-checking then I'm not going to take my kids to the game. That's ridiculous. I mean, obviously I'll take the kids this year because I already bought the tickets, but I'm going to take a good look at the attitude of the team over the next two series. I've been a big Russell supporter because of the attitude of the team even in tough circumstances. If we suck and are can't keep ourselves under control, that's a whole different story.
          oh please, lets not start. we didn't dish anything out that wasn't handed to us on a platter by the Bulldogs. crashing Robo into the net (twice), kicking the puck, screaming at the refs, screaming at our guys in the penalty box. take the kids to the Ice Capades. I'm sitting at the big boy table for hockey.

rumor : Olson is having surgery on his hand.

I'm with Twitch : why can't we have nice things??!!
          Originally posted by mtu_huskies
          "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
          Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
          Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post

Witt was mainly centering the fourth line last year. Up until Saturday's performance, I think McCadden's play was just holding him out.

Reddick was out in the middle of last year with some odd neurological issue and did not return. I remember hearing that he spent a lot of time at Marquette General undergoing tests. Whatever happened could be lingering.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
              oh please, lets not start. we didn't dish anything out that wasn't handed to us on a platter by the Bulldogs. crashing Robo into the net (twice), kicking the puck, screaming at the refs, screaming at our guys in the penalty box. take the kids to the Ice Capades. I'm sitting at the big boy table for hockey.

rumor : Olson is having surgery on his hand.

I'm with Twitch : why can't we have nice things??!!
              I wasn't at the game, so I don't know who did what, but coming out of the box for an immediate cross-check is just stupid. Sometimes you have to just let things go and play hockey. If getting personal revenge is more important than winning, then nothing in the standings is ever going to change. Again, I'm not calling for someone's job or benching. I'm just saying that if this season is going to spiral down to a bunch of fights, I'm going to feel like I'm wasting money. This is the most talented offensive team I've seen since the days of Roy and Ruutu. I'd hate to see it go up in smoke.

Comment

I wasn't at the game, so I don't know who did what, but coming out of the box for an immediate cross-check is just stupid. Sometimes you have to just let things go and play hockey. If getting personal revenge is more important than winning, then nothing in the standings is ever going to change. Again, I'm not calling for someone's job or benching. I'm just saying that if this season is going to spiral down to a bunch of fights, I'm going to feel like I'm wasting money. This is the most talented offensive team I've seen since the days of Roy and Ruutu. I'd hate to see it go up in smoke.
                I was at the game, sober with my kids sitting with me. Robo wasn't run twice, your defenseman ran UMD players into him twice, and you aren't going to see many opposing players pull up if your guy is stupid enough to check guys into your own goalie. This is proven by the fact that neither time did Tech retaliate. Tech had been fighting back all weekend so if it was UMD's fault why didn't they whoop someones *** there? Because they know it was their fault.

As for taunting the goalie, you can't prove that. Were you on the ice? He may have looked at him and said "about time." If thats taunting, grow up. As for guys flipping out, after your guy "mcsorley'd" Connolly he had to be dragged off the ice by the ref.....um yeah, but that's classy hockey, right? The fact is your team is slower and not as talented, no one would argue that, and to try and stay in a game they hold and clutch and eventually those penalties will catch up to you.
                http://www.umdpenaltybo*****

2011 NCAA DIVISION 1 CHAMPIONS

TITLE COUNT: tUMD = 1, SCSU = 0

Chris Benoit:Burn in Hell

Comment

i'm just saying that if this season is going to spiral down to a bunch of fights, i'm going to feel like its worth the money.
                  fyp

Last edited by huskyfan; 11-15-2010, 02:00 PM.
                  Boosh Factor 4

Comment

Originally posted by Not So Sober Hockey Guy View Post
                    I was at the game, sober with my kids sitting with me. Robo wasn't run twice, your defenseman ran UMD players into him twice, and you aren't going to see many opposing players pull up if your guy is stupid enough to check guys into your own goalie. This is proven by the fact that neither time did Tech retaliate. Tech had been fighting back all weekend so if it was UMD's fault why didn't they whoop someones *** there? Because they know it was their fault.

As for taunting the goalie, you can't prove that. Were you on the ice? He may have looked at him and said "about time." If thats taunting, grow up. As for guys flipping out, after your guy "mcsorley'd" Connolly he had to be dragged off the ice by the ref.....um yeah, but that's classy hockey, right? The fact is your team is slower and not as talented, no one would argue that, and to try and stay in a game they hold and clutch and eventually those penalties will catch up to you.
                    I'm not sure why you are quoting me. I wasn't complaining about UMD. I was commenting on Tech.

Comment

NSSHG, please! you won, you got four(precious WCHA) points. no need to rub our noses in it. isn't there a Bulldog thread for you to hang out in?
                      Boosh Factor 4

Comment

Originally posted by Beer Pong Horn View Post
                        I wonder if board would let Yager rename himself.
                        Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                        The new name would really fit him I think.
                        My day has been brightened again, as I expect to have a trip to Las Vegas booked by the time I leave work! New years eve in Vegas? Yeah, I think I can make that work.
                        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                        X