X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: "Next Year" Begins Now: Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread Part I

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Gophers fans are the Ritz of the cracker world.
    I'll think about that the next time I'm sitting in the Mariucci Morgue.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      I'll think about that the next time I'm sitting in the Mariucci Morgue.
      If I had my way, there'd be no sitting down or shutting up. Stupid knitters/corpies/"pre-party" dooshes.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        If I had my way, there'd be no sitting down or shutting up. Stupid knitters/corpies/"pre-party" dooshes.
        Rich, flaky, and subtle. You're right Brent, I'd say the characteristics of Ritz crackers describe Gopher fans very well.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          Rich, flaky, and subtle. You're right Brent, I'd say the characteristics of Ritz crackers describe Gopher fans very well.
          Don't hate the playa, hate the game!
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

That reminds me, tyler beckyjockstrap wrote that Tech needed to understand it's place in the WCHA. This has upset me since it came out and I have been upset about it every day since. It's time we put that attitude to bed permanently.I'd say the best way to do that is to win big this weekend.

" I'm a great believer in luck. It seems the harder I work, the more I have of it" Thomas Jefferson. I believe our luck has changed, and I can't wait for this weekend. Go Huskies.
            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

SG, the recruiting news wouldn't have to do with Blake Pietila rescinding his verbal to NMU and brother Chad quitting NMU after last weekend and likely transferring to MTU is it? If Blake follows, it will also likely increase chances of landing Johnson, IMO. Great potential for Whitten and MTU after Mikesch's original screwup.
              Last edited by JOHN SCOTT ROCKS; 11-09-2010, 06:03 PM.

Comment

This is a quiet thread, does anyone have an idea when we'll hear if these rumors have any truth?

Notes from this mornings Drive Time with Jamie, really not too much information:

Used week off to work on conditioning without pucks
                Happy with systems, focused on some specific adjustments for UMD

On UMD:
                One of the best lines in college hockey
                very dynamic and make most of their chances on the rush
                Week off does not help in preperation like in football (this questions was asked after the last bye week)
                Jamie loves games in the DECC, not a proponet of big ice surface, very small rink at the DECC, lots of contact, sorry to see DECC go
                On the other hand, it's a run down rink, next year it will be nice to be a visiting team in a new facility
                UMD is a strong defensive team and very good on the PP

Ice dimensions will require some lineup changes, playing at Wisc. vs. playing at UMD
                We evaluate our players everday, we reward effort and that goes towards setting lineups

We scored first goals at UW, but it didn't translate into win:
                this is a yougn team, learning process
                need to learn to play with the lead, we talked about controlling momentum and controlling highs/lows
                When we were up 2-0, it's like we won stanley cup, still 40 mins to play, need to manage highs
                Sat. played 36 out of 40 mins very well, lapse at end of 2nd, down 3-1, quiet locker room, need to manage lows

Always had good support at Marquette and UMD by Tech fans, it's a big boost

Comment

• Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
                  This is a quiet thread, does anyone have an idea when we'll hear if these rumors have any truth?
                  I can guarantee there is some truth to the rumors. Whether or not thing all work out the way the rumors say is to be determined.
                  Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post

Notes from this mornings Drive Time with Jamie, really not too much information:

Used week off to work on conditioning without pucks
                    Happy with systems, focused on some specific adjustments for UMD

On UMD:
                    One of the best lines in college hockey
                    very dynamic and make most of their chances on the rush
                    Week off does not help in preperation like in football (this questions was asked after the last bye week)
                    Jamie loves games in the DECC, not a proponet of big ice surface, very small rink at the DECC, lots of contact, sorry to see DECC go
                    On the other hand, it's a run down rink, next year it will be nice to be a visiting team in a new facility
                    UMD is a strong defensive team and very good on the PP

Ice dimensions will require some lineup changes, playing at Wisc. vs. playing at UMD
                    We evaluate our players everday, we reward effort and that goes towards setting lineups

We scored first goals at UW, but it didn't translate into win:
                    this is a yougn team, learning process
                    need to learn to play with the lead, we talked about controlling momentum and controlling highs/lows
                    When we were up 2-0, it's like we won stanley cup, still 40 mins to play, need to manage highs
                    Sat. played 36 out of 40 mins very well, lapse at end of 2nd, down 3-1, quiet locker room, need to manage lows

Always had good support at Marquette and UMD by Tech fans, it's a big boost
                    Sorry for the long post.
                    Liked what he had to say. Kind of a lot between the lines. I agree 100% you have to play for 60 minutes and if you do, good things happen. whether you are up two or down two, you have to keep playing hard. I think based on the first period each nite at wisco, that we have enough talent, the question is can we manage the emotions well enough to translate that to winning. There are so many little things that it takes to win that we are not used to doing. Witness the way wisco played in the third the second nite, being smart with the puck, winning needed faceoffs, staying out of the box; as you get better it becomes a lot more mental.

I also think the team has to learn to not only exceed the expectations of the fans, but their own expectations as well. I also think if you expect mediocrity of yourself that's what you get.
                    I am wondering if as a group, the fans can do anything to make the home rink a bigger advantage. Some rinks have a built in advantage for the home team and thinking back on Dee, it was a significant advantage to play there. The place shook most of the time, and shook the most right after an opposition goal. I would really like to see something done to make it a lot louder in the rink.. thundersticks, cowbells, I don't care but it would be good if you could not hear yourself think.
                    I hate seeing umtc coming in and bringing half the rink in fans. it should not be a home game for them for crying out loud. We need more fans at the games.
                    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                      We need more fans at the games.
                      Start selling beer.
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                        Start selling beer.
                        And Bourbon

Comment

Originally posted by WFODucati View Post
                          And Bourbon
                          Yes. That too.
                          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

It can be done, and the MacInnes can be loud, but they have to win games. When we beat then-#1 North Dakota a few years ago, the building pretty much shook for the last three minutes as we clung to a 2-1 lead and tried to get the ENG. That was with a crowd of under 3000. Get a capacity crowd in there to see a big game like that, and I think it would be great.

Also, JR probably likes the DECC out of nostalgia - it's the last of the opposing rinks that he would've actually played at, since none of the current crop of monoliths existed in the late 80s.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                              Start selling beer.
                              Originally posted by WFODucati View Post
                              And Bourbon
                              I can think of a package deal, if they also happen across a bottle or two of Johnny Walker.
                              Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
                              I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
                              Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

Speaking of which, what should I be packing in my boot for the game Saturday night? I have Elmer T. Lee, Evan Williams Single Barrel Reserve, Basil Haydens, Makers Mark and I can't think of the others...Also, considering sleeping in the back of my truck in the parking lot Saturday night, to save money.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X