X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: "Next Year" Begins Now: Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread Part I

Originally posted by geezer View Post
    Calumet beat Brighton last year. Though that was a rarity, Cal will be improved this year. Cranbrook in the playoffs is a bigger concern.
    I expected SG to work his magic and confirm the recruiting rumor by now.
    Haven't had the time to make some calls, although everything I have dug up so far, points to at least half of it being true.
    Originally posted by geezer View Post
    The one I heard wasn't about Calumet or Delano (better!), although I'm still holding out hope in those areas also.
    I watched the minnesotan in question play last year, not very impressive. He was playing in the fall Midwest Elite League...didn't have a great year there...at least not until playoffs.
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Looking at the schedule, we have quite a few games in hand by christmas. This could be good, if we take advantage of the times when we pick up those games, it could surprise a few people. A good scenario to be under the radar. Let's just take care of business at home and things will take care of themselves.
      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

What I like most are the three straight home weekends in January. After we take our annual whipping at the NHC, there's a good chance to come home and build some momentum there, but to make any use of it we have to have some wins leading up to the GLI.

Comment

The word out of the KBC is that Baker won't be back in the near future.
          Originally posted by SCSU Euro
          What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
            Wah? wha? oh no.
            Originally posted by mtu_huskies
            "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
            Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
            Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

What the hell....I know are freshman are doing alright, I just think Baker is one of those guys that'll help everyone play smarter hockey. It helps to have that seniority on the ice.

He needs to get healthy.....NOW

Comment

I think he is just faking it so that he can play more apples to apples with Kali.

Comment

Originally posted by Yager View Post
                  I think he is just faking it so that he can play more apples to apples with Kali.
                  Kali may be worth it, but I'm pretty sure Bakes is dying to suit up at this point.

Comment

I <3 Kali.
                    Just so we never forget.

Originally posted by MeanEgirl to hockeybando
                    *****... *** do you think you're doing?! Getting on USCHO and making racial comments about The Darkness?! I'm not going to stand for this! He's my friend ... so the next time I see you, I'm whooping your ***!
                    Originally posted by nmupiccdiva

(insert joke about an NMU girl and insertion here)

Comment

Originally posted by Yager View Post
                      You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Yager again.

Comment

Woot!! I get to go to Duluth next weekend It will only cost me a full saturday of christmas shopping but with 2 kids I guess I can't complain to get a weekend to go Anyways I have never watched a game at the DECC, can anyone give me some info on seating in there or is it an arena that really doesn't have a bad seat.

An another note, hey Shirtless would this possible recruit your talking about possibly be playing on the US developmental team atm (and no I'm not talking about Johnson)??

Comment

Originally posted by Hatch_man View Post
                          Woot!! I get to go to Duluth next weekend It will only cost me a full saturday of christmas shopping but with 2 kids I guess I can't complain to get a weekend to go Anyways I have never watched a game at the DECC, can anyone give me some info on seating in there or is it an arena that really doesn't have a bad seat.

An another note, hey Shirtless would this possible recruit your talking about possibly be playing on the US developmental team atm (and no I'm not talking about Johnson)??
                          yup, along with a brother of his...
                          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

yup that's the "rumor" i heard also... but not from anyone with concrete facts on the situation. Just some gossip at work for the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatch_man View Post
                              yup that's the "rumor" i heard also... but not from anyone with concrete facts on the situation. Just some gossip at work for the moment.
                              I'd like to confirm but any confirmation I did get, unless I actually contacted one of the 2 brothers would not be able to be public knowledge. If there is any truth to this, we will probably hear something between the 10th and 17th of November.
                              Last edited by Shirtless Guy; 11-05-2010, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Go MTU!!! Beat Bye!! Beat Ferris!!!
                                bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Working...
                                X