No announcement yet.

You Can't Say That On USCHO: Ni*pee*ing at Michigan Tech, Saturday, Oct. 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: You Can't Say That On USCHO: Ni*pee*ing at Michigan Tech, Saturday, Oct. 2

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
    Yes, ring that **** bell Laker fans are funny when they wet their panties....

Originally posted by aparch View Post
    LSSU (and the rink) are located just up the hill from the very last US exit on I-75 (Meridian St).

Most anything to eat is along Ashmun St / 3 Mile road or located downtown along the locks.

Driving over during the fall would be a great trip. My fond memories of making the drive for games involved blinding snowstorms on M-28.
    Every. Single. Farking. Time. It should not take 5 hours to get to the Soo from NMU, but it did.

Originally posted by Yager View Post
    I had a great time at LSSU. They've got some friendly bars and I almost got a friend a job from someone at that bar. We absolutely own that rink, shirtless guy put on a good shirtless show at the end of that game and we got compliments up the wazoo after that game. I see no reason not to go.

Anyway, I'll be there for this round of nonsense.
    CC to Yager: I don't need a Misfits ticket after all, but thanks for the offer.
    Always a Wildcat...
    Originally posted by Kepler
    If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Originally posted by Yager View Post
      I had a great time at LSSU. They've got some friendly bars and I almost got a friend a job from someone at that bar. We absolutely own that rink, shirtless guy put on a good shirtless show at the end of that game and we got compliments up the wazoo after that game. I see no reason not to go.
      Can't comment on the Soo bar scene (had stuff to do on Sunday, so I had to hightail it back to Houghton right after the game), but I can confirm that a half-dozen of us took over the place (the Blue Crew mostly sits on their hands unless the Lakers score), and that we got complements from a handful of LSSU fans after the game (though most of them were Chris Conner's relatives, which might've had something to do with it ).

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        Can't comment on the Soo bar scene (had stuff to do on Sunday, so I had to hightail it back to Houghton right after the game), but I can confirm that a half-dozen of us took over the place (the Blue Crew mostly sits on their hands unless the Lakers score), and that we got complements from a handful of LSSU fans after the game (though most of them were Chris Conner's relatives, which might've had something to do with it ).
        The bars blew ***. And that is the most important thing about a road trip, god knows you can't go on Tech roadtrips to watch hockey and stay sane. Some ***** bartender threatened to call the police on us because we sang engineers when we were drunk, when the jukebox hadn't been playing for several minutes. She got no tip and we stole several glasses from that place. Never going back to LSSU.
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
          Not wanting to drive all the way to Houghton to watch one game against a team whose name I can't even put up on this board, but still wanting to see some early season games, I've decided to take a roadie to NMU and LSSU (and start this post with an enormous run-on sentence)... I've never been to the Sault to take in a game, but figured it would be a fun trip and with any luck might catch some fall colors as well. Any tips from those that have been there before? I have heard that there was a bell that all of the visiting fans were supposed to ring when they visited, but other than that don't know much about their barn or the local area.

Ryan J
          I daresay the colors are peaking right now, but they should still be pretty darn good that weekend.
          That being said, I can think of at least 2 years that the UP has seen some snow on that weekend! Coming back from Tech in '06 was BRUTAL--we left Houghton around midnight and didn't make it back to Marquette until around 4am (that did, however, include a stop to help a stranded driver between US-141 and Michigamme.)

Oh, and ring the bell.
          Always a Wildcat...
          Originally posted by Kepler
          If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Turn on the lights
            Husky hockey opens 2010-11 with exhibition Saturday

By K.D. Warvie - DMG Sports Writer
            HOUGHTON - Judging by the tone of recent practices, Michigan Tech is ready to get its hockey season going.

Players have been getting a bit antsy, and it's led to a few confrontations on the ice.

"September was a long month for everybody," Tech coach Jamie Russell said. "After our trip to Europe it was get back on campus, hurry up and wait.

"Everybody is ready to get started."

The Huskies will begin their 2010-11 season with an exhibition tilt against Ni****ing Saturday at 7:07 p.m. at the MacInnes Student Ice Arena.

Tech comes into the opener a step or two ahead of schedule thanks to its trip to Europe. The Huskies were able to implement some new systems and try them out during games with professional teams.

"We way ahead of things preparation-wise," Russell said. "(Assistant coach) Damon (Whitten) brought in some new systems that Pat (assistant coach Mikesch) and I really liked.

"We're changed our forecheck, our defensive zone coverage, and some of our offensive systems."

Along with making some changes in the systems, some new leaders were also named for this coming year. Junior Brett Olson and senior Deron Cousens will share the captain's duties.

Why two captains? Because Russell believes both bring something different to the table and that will help them share the leadership role.

"Deron has taken a good step in his development," Russell said. "He's really thrived under the responsibilities of being a captain.

"Brett is our vocal leader. He holds the players accountable."

Having newly named assistant captain Bennett Royer around doesn't hurt either. Royer has been able to take the edge off at practice with his sense of humor.

"Bennett has helped keep things loose at practice," Russell said of the team prankster.

The captains will be joined by 18 other teammates for the game.

Tech will dress three goalies, seven defensemen and 11 forwards.

One thing fans may notice is the size the coaching staff added to the lineup. To go along with three returning players who are at least 6-foot-4 and 210 pounds, Tech has four incoming freshmen that range from 6-2, 200 to 6-4, 230.

"We have a good balance of size and grit, and we upgraded our skill as well," Russell said. "We want to be aggressive and play puck-possession hockey.

"We want to make it so nobody wants to come in here and play us."

Tech will cut its roster down to 20 players when the regular season starts Friday at Northern Michigan.

K.D. Warvie can be reached at kwarvie@ mininggazette.com.
            Originally posted by SCSU Euro
            What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Game night!

Comment

Ni****ing 2 (both own-goals by Tech)
                Tech 0

/sandbagging

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  Ni****ing 2 (both own-goals by Tech)
                  Tech 0

/sandbagging
                  Nipeeing 18, Tech 1, Nipeeing charges into the stands and a Misfit gets beaten with their own shoe.
                  Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Meh.

Furne and Holmberg might be decent.

11th place by 2 points. You heard it here first.

Comment

Russell...

-Good start
                      -Furne and Holmberg had good first games
                      -Controlled our sticks and didn't take dumb penalties
                      -Pleased with performance of freshmen

-Genoe was NOT sharp
                      -Team was sloppy the final 30 mins
                      -Need vets to step up and control the play with the big lead
                      -Juggled the middle two lines somewhat

Concerns:

-Playing with the lead
                      -Taking care of the front of the net

-Lineup will probably change going into the NMU game, after video is reviewed

-Baker is skating and working out, will begin contact practice soon.

Comment

On the bright side, we aren't LSSU, Northeastern, Ferris, UNH, or UMass (more possibly forthcoming). We "won".

Comment

I was pleasantly surprised by Johnstone. Not so much by Holmberg, he was sucking wind like he just swam over from Sweden. Upperclassmen - buncha exhibition game sandbaggers.
                          The good news: the penalties were about 8 to 1, and the one was unintentional.
                          Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                          USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Working...
                          X