Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Western Michigan Hockey 2010-11: Maybe it was all a dream.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Western Michigan Hockey 2010-11: Maybe it was all a dream.

Originally posted by BII View Post
    A few years back there was a lot of noise made for updating the arena to bring it into the 20th century. As the losing seasons piled up the discussions faded. Maybe they will be revived now that the arena is filling up and it is becoming difficult to move around.
    The economy also faded and Floyd was replaced by a community college president and it was a minor miracle we still had athletics by the time she left.

Flash- It pops up every so often from the K-Wings owner and some of the other rich guys downtown by buying land that WMU technically owns, I believe. Didn't even reach a vote for a millage proposal last year because there's a distinct question of "Why should we pay for a privately owned arena?" Who knows. I think they're going to have to wait for a better economy or put up more of their own money and less public cash, which is possible given the amounts of money some of the rumored names have.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
      The economy also faded and Floyd was replaced by a community college president and it was a minor miracle we still had athletics by the time she left.
      Which "community college" did she come from? I believe it was a fellow CCHA school. One that was more than happy to see her heading for Kalamazoo!
      Last edited by davyd83; 04-26-2011, 09:41 AM.
      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
        Which "community college" did she come from? I believe it was a fellow CCHA school. One that was more than happy to see her heading for Kalamazoo!
        I'm referring more to her mindset. Suppose I should have included the word "quality" between college and president.
        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
          I'm referring more to her mindset. Suppose I should have included the word "quality" between college and president.
          Calling her a Community College quality President is doing a disservice to Community Colleges. She's got a way to go before she reaches that level. Especially if that Community College has sports. The joke when Northern played Western was that it was for the Judi Bailey Cup, with the loser getting to keep Judi!
          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
            I thought there was talk of a downtown arena in Kalamazoo.
            There are so many problems with that proposal at so many different levels. If they push it through, and they might, it has a lot of potential for being a giant disaster. Something will have to be done.
            B2
            It will only get better!

Comment

Working...
            X