New WCHA logo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New WCHA logo

i don't think anyone can complain that they moved away from that horrid teal color...and the larger W is probably for all the Wins
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I saw this on the WCHA site:

A total of 96 WCHA-member team alumni saw game action in the National Hockey League during the most recent 2008-09 regular season. All 10 current WCHA-member teams had at least two alums in the NHL (UAA - 2; CC - 10; DU - 9; MTU - 6; UM - 13; UMD - 5; MSU - 5; UND - 16; SCSU - 13; UW, 17).
      I thought it was surprising UMN only had 13, to make them tied for 3rd place with SCSU.
      Originally posted by Mankato student
      Are their innings or quarters in this sport?
      "Bush and Paulson and Greenspan and their clique are “free marketeers” in the same way that Olive Garden is an Italian restaurant."
      -- Peter Klein

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
        i don't think anyone can complain that they moved away from that horrid teal color...and the larger W is probably for all the Wins
        They actually should have used a red motion W... (Go to it, Photoshoppers!)
        "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

As someone who knows a lot about this kind of thing, it's certainly a disappointing effort, one that reeks of a low-budget approach and a bad client.

Adrenalin is much better firm this shows- my guess is that they were hamstrung by a bad client (the WCHA) with poor taste.

The campaign slogan should almost never be "locked up" with the logo. Slogans come and go - logos need to do their job without being cluttered with more stupidity.

And the slogan is not worthy of America's top college hockey league. Telling people that your league just got tougher implies that it wasn't tough in the first place. And why is this at all relevant in the much larger Big 10 discussion?

The larger W adds nothing, just further alienates other leagues by emphasizing westernness.

They should have stayed with what they had (simple) or rebranded entirely. The extra tweaks look forced and are unneeded.

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
            They actually should have used a red motion W... (Go to it, Photoshoppers!)
            That would be hideous....
            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
            Originally posted by Quizmire
            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
              That would be awesome....
              Fixed it for ya.
              A Badger living in Buckeye country.
              Originally posted by MadCityRich
              He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
              Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
              Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
              Originally posted by Timothy A
              I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
              "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Comment

Now, make it in a patch and sell it so we can update our jerseys.
                2010-2011 Atlantic Hockey Pick 'Em Champion!
                2013 Atlantic Hockey Postseason Pick 'Em Champion!
                Air Force Falcons
                2007 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA West Regional
                2008 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA Northeast Regional
                2009 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA East Regional Final
                2011 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA East Regional
                2012 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA Northeast Regional

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
                  As someone who knows a lot about this kind of thing, it's certainly a disappointing effort, one that reeks of a low-budget approach and a bad client.

Adrenalin is much better firm this shows- my guess is that they were hamstrung by a bad client (the WCHA) with poor taste.

The campaign slogan should almost never be "locked up" with the logo. Slogans come and go - logos need to do their job without being cluttered with more stupidity.

And the slogan is not worthy of America's top college hockey league. Telling people that your league just got tougher implies that it wasn't tough in the first place. And why is this at all relevant in the much larger Big 10 discussion?

The larger W adds nothing, just further alienates other leagues by emphasizing westernness.

They should have stayed with what they had (simple) or rebranded entirely. The extra tweaks look forced and are unneeded.
                  Couidn't agree more.
                  Changing the color --OK. Everything else, why bother. When you have an indentifiable brand, leave it alone.
                  GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by NMU8405 View Post
                    Just got tougher....to hold together
                    duct tape... nothing but duct tape.
                    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                    Skating Friar Jersey
                    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

".....new colors were introduced to encapsulate the talent, toughness and power of the league's teams, and the player graphic was refined for more clarity in all applications."

black and black?
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                        duct tape... nothing but duct tape.
                        Hey now, duct tape fixes everything. It's like the Force - it has a light side, and a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post

This is the same league who should have a game of the week on television but chooses not to. They have zero confidence in themselves to sell their product. I have heard this first hand by past and current players in the WCHA. Pathetic.
                          Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                          dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                          wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                            I got a feeling they'll just be blatant and steal ESPN's idea for the deuce.

That is hard to look at. Uck!
                            Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                            dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                            wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                              ".....new colors were introduced to encapsulate the talent, toughness and power of the league's teams, and the player graphic was refined for more clarity in all applications."

black and black?
                              Wow...must have cost them hundreds...
                              License to kill gofers...From the government of the United Nations. - Carl Spackler, Caddyshack

Comment

So...it's got a big W? They had to hire a firm to do this?
                                St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Working...
                                X