X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gfmorris
    replied
    Re: Declaring Our Independence: UAH 2010-11, Part the First

Pre-order for the Merrimack v. UAH series in Nashville next week. Ticket prices are going to be $9.50 and $27.50, presumably upper and lower respectively. Still working to get final details.

GFM

Leave a comment:

• Douglas
    replied

Sounds like fun to me!!! Even though I get the Knology Sports Pak it's always more fun to watch a game with a bunch of like-minded fans... plus there's some nice scenery at KnuckleHeads... Count me in!

Leave a comment:

• gfmorris
    replied

UAH @ Wisconsin viewing party (UAHHockey.com)

See you there?

GFM

Leave a comment:

• gfmorris
    replied

Actually, I bet the improvements to the underpinnings are what USCHO wanted. I expect that the new version is lighter on server resources, and this place can get pretty busy and doesn't exactly make them any money.

Ryan told me on Monday that he was feeling better than expected. I don't know about eligibility on either Lasse or Soup. Been jobhunting this week so I haven't had the time to spend on hockey that I did last week.

GFM

Leave a comment:

• Back check
    replied

How is Burkholder doing?

Any news on the currently ineligible guys?

Leave a comment:

• Douglas
    replied

I'm on a client's computer so I don't use the "Remember Me" function and...
    1. I logged in to see the posts in the format I have previously set and...
    2. I clicked to make this post which puts you in quick-post mode now so I then clicked "Go Advanced" so I could format things and it made me login again! What's with that???

I don't like the quick-post mode putting the entry box at the bottom of the page. I want it above the post I am usually responding to or at the top of the last post. I now have to enter Advanced mode to get to that configuration. I'd like the option to "skip" the quick-post mode since I usually do some kind of formatting in nearly every post which now requires you to "Go Advanced" to use formatting. I couldn't find such an option in my profile settings. Has anyone else wanted or found such an option?

Yeah Mikey, us old people hate change... especially when "If it ain't broke..." applies. And it wasn't broke!!! I wonder if they had overwhelming e-mail requests for a quick-post mode??? I remember them saying that after the last major overhaul that their goal was to make practically everything one click away. Well, to post with formatting they have missed the boat.

Okay, I'll put my soapbox away now and go to the corner and sulk... sniff... sniff...

PS- In the amount of time it took to type up this post it timed out my login again!!!!
    I had to browse back a page so I could copy this post and then login again and then post again pasting my previous typing in and adding this postscript. I wonder if I'm logged out by now...

PSS- Yep, I was logged out again... here goes...

Leave a comment:

• COHockey
    replied

Originally posted by jyoung View Post
    It's missing the smiley options.
    Hit 'Go Advanced'

I just told my browser to adjust +.5 font size on everything that is in *board.uscho.com* and things are MUCH better. Lines are more definate.

Now this is firefox, when I get home I will have to figure out the settings there on that 'puter.

Leave a comment:

• jyoung
    replied

Originally posted by COHockey View Post
    I must be getting old then. I have been surfing these posts during my midmorning break and I have a headache. I can tell it is the new format because my eyes hurt here. On other sites (work, news, etc) that I looked at just now, the hurt stops. Making some adjustments on fonts and I think I will get used to it.
    That makes two of us, I can't say I like this new format either. I realize Geof is right about making custom formats is a pain in the tail, but this one just doesn't feel right. Maybe they'll tweak it a little and give it back a few of the harder lines. Though I can't say I like the type box either, and it's missing the smiley options. Bummer. (Hover explanations for the tools would be good for the noobs, or the forgetful.)

EDIT: Ok, definitely do not like. It's not meshing with my browser as well now.

Leave a comment:

• gfmorris
    replied

It's likely a modification off of the new vB default theme. Having run a Web forum since 2002, I can tell you that making your own theme is a pain in the rear.

GFM

Leave a comment:

• COHockey
    replied

Originally posted by MikeAnderson View Post
    You old people always hate change.
    I must be getting old then. I have been surfing these posts during my midmorning break and I have a headache. I can tell it is the new format because my eyes hurt here. On other sites (work, news, etc) that I looked at just now, the hurt stops. Making some adjustments on fonts and I think I will get used to it.

Leave a comment:

• MikeAnderson
    replied

Originally posted by Douglas View Post
    Oh goodie... a new format to learn and get used to...

It's got a too soft and squishy look to me... not MANLY!!!

This is HOCKEY... not the knitting circle.

I know, can't please everyone. To me, this format is not as clear and well defined as the previous one. I don't think this one is an improvement as the others have been. JMHO
    You old people always hate change.

Leave a comment:

• Douglas
    replied

Oh goodie... a new format to learn and get used to...

It's got a too soft and squishy look to me... not MANLY!!!

This is HOCKEY... not the knitting circle.

I know, can't please everyone. To me, this format is not as clear and well defined as the previous one. I don't think this one is an improvement as the others have been. JMHO

Leave a comment:

• gfmorris
    replied

Originally posted by jyoung View Post
    Can you spot the error?
    4-1 was Thursday's score, not Friday's. ROOKIES.

GFM

Leave a comment:

• jyoung
    replied

So we got some local coverage today...that's a switch.

http://www.waaytv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13312002

Can you spot the error? Yes, I've already e-mailed the station to correct it.

Leave a comment:

• Douglas
    replied

Just digging out some "wierd" stats from this past weekend's games that you might find interesting...

Here are some stats on Goals, Assists, and Points awarded in the FSU / UAH series:
    Scoring, Assists, and Points by Class:
    ---- G - A - Pts
    Sr > 0 - 3 - 3
    Jr=> 0 - 2 - 2
    So > 2 - 4 - 6
    Fr=> 3 - 0 - 3

From these stats it's nice to see that all classes are contributing to the scoring; the four Sophomores were very active; and it's especially nice to see the Freshmen contributing early.

Goals Scored by Line: In the order the goals were scored (based on published line chart)
    Goal 1 = 2nd Offensive Line => 22-Geoffrion 26-Cseter 21-Desmet
    Goal 2 = 2nd Defensive Pairing => 14-Gatt 23-deBruyn
    Goal 3 = 3rd Offensive Line => 12-Roy 27-Bruni 18-Way
    Goal 4 = 2nd Defensive Pairing => 14-Gatt 23-deBruyn
    Goal 5 = 3rd Offensive Line => 12-Roy 27-Bruni 18-Way

From this it appears to me that our third line in Friday's game had the advantage over Ferris State's third line and our second defensive pairing has a decidedly offensive mindset...

Four different players scored goals...
    Seven different players had assists...
    Eleven different players earned points in the two games.
    Of note are Sophomore Justin Cseter with 3 assists (half of the Sophomore points) and Freshman Mac Roy with 2 goals (two-thirds of the Freshmen points).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X