• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back check
    replied
    Re: Declaring Our Independence: UAH 2010-11, Part the First

Originally posted by Bill View Post
    . Personally I'd like to see UAH in the CCHA.
    Thanks Bill. Congrats on the two wins over Colgate and good luck at #1 Miami.

Leave a comment:

• Back check
    replied

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
    Yeah, except for the goalie situation.

GFM
    The team was outshot badly the first two weekends. Game 1 vs. Ferris State was tied 1-1 after 2 periods with the shots 26-8 in favour of FS. Game 2 was a UAH win despite getting outshot.

The second game @ Bowling Green was the first time the Chargers have outshot the opposition. The score was 1-1 until about 12 minutes left in that game.

With all that has happened with players leaving early, eligibility issues, etc. it is predictable that the Chargers are going to be in tough this year - they have a very challenging schedule with many road games against strong opposition. The Chargers won six of their 18 regular season games in the CHA last year and that was with Talbot, Coburn, Campbell and Jarvinen - two juniors, a sophomore and a freshman that are not with the team this year. Top three scorers gone, along with a great goalie. On top of player losses is the transition for a new coaching staff.

You will likely get many more opportunities to blame the goalies as the season goes on.
    Last edited by Back check; 10-27-2010, 01:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• gfmorris
    replied

Originally posted by MikeAnderson View Post
    If nothing else, I take a lot of positives out of our power play up to this point in the season.

This could be a dangerous team in the league if the CHA still existed...
    Yeah, except for the goalie situation.

Originally posted by Bill View Post
    You'll have to excuse me if this has been discussed in detail before on one your UAH threads, but I heard LSSU coach Jim Roque say last week that a principal CCHA concern with admitting UAH was that UAH evidently doesn't have firm control of scheduling game dates in your "home" arena. I assume that means you are using a city arena and have to compete with other events for dates. Roque mentioned this on a weekly Laker Hockey Show. The implication was that even games tentatively scheduled for certain dates can possibly be forced to move to different dates by the arena. Again, you may have discussed this previously, but since I heard Roque talk about it last week I thought I would at least mention it here for your info. The CCHA wants to have firm schedules a year or more in advance and evidently they feel UAH is unable to do that because of the arena situation. Personally I'd like to see UAH in the CCHA. Travel wise, it would be a wash for most CCHA schools compared to UNO, with the possible exception of NMU.
    Oh, we know that it's a problem. We've been told by the VBC that this wouldn't happen if UAH were admitted to the CCHA, but that's a chicken-and-egg problem. We've seen it happen twice this year already: first, the Ferris series was Thu-Fri so the VBC could hold a concert on Saturday, and the Robert Morris series was originally going to be in Birmingham before the VBC became available. Being the secondary tenant in the building really hurts us. Of course, moving into the CCHA makes it more favorable to get an on-campus facility, where UAH would be primary tenant, but again ... chicken-and-egg.

My solution is to win the lottery and build a rink. My only stipulation is that I can't be thrown out of it.

GFM

Leave a comment:

• Bill
    replied

You'll have to excuse me if this has been discussed in detail before on one your UAH threads, but I heard LSSU coach Jim Roque say last week that a principal CCHA concern with admitting UAH was that UAH evidently doesn't have firm control of scheduling game dates in your "home" arena. I assume that means you are using a city arena and have to compete with other events for dates. Roque mentioned this on a weekly Laker Hockey Show. The implication was that even games tentatively scheduled for certain dates can possibly be forced to move to different dates by the arena. Again, you may have discussed this previously, but since I heard Roque talk about it last week I thought I would at least mention it here for your info. The CCHA wants to have firm schedules a year or more in advance and evidently they feel UAH is unable to do that because of the arena situation. Personally I'd like to see UAH in the CCHA. Travel wise, it would be a wash for most CCHA schools compared to UNO, with the possible exception of NMU.
    Last edited by Bill; 10-26-2010, 09:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MikeAnderson
    replied

If nothing else, I take a lot of positives out of our power play up to this point in the season.

This could be a dangerous team in the league if the CHA still existed...

Leave a comment:

• Back check
    replied

Good luck to the Chargers at Michigan State.

One for four so far vs. CCHA. Chargers have been in every game.

Spartans moving up national rankings. Big challenge at Munn Arena.

Leave a comment:

• MikeAnderson
    replied

You can definitely tell that those jerseys were affected by the "yes we are / no we aren't" discussion on the Athletics logo change this offseason. That's the only reason they sold off last year's jerseys, because the knock-off Denver Broncos logo was going to go away.

GFM
    If nothing else, the NOB font is wicked awesome.

Leave a comment:

• Douglas
    replied

Final Score:
    UAH 2 - BGSU 4
    1st = SOG's: UAH 4 - BGSU 11
    2nd = SOG's UAH 18 - BGSU 15
    3rd ?

*****http://www.knology.net/~dougeagan/UAH-Score-1.jpg******
    Here's the celebration of the tying goal... Ruffini tip in off a Baxter slap shot from deBruyn on the PP.
    Last edited by Douglas; 10-23-2010, 08:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• gfmorris
    replied

You can definitely tell that those jerseys were affected by the "yes we are / no we aren't" discussion on the Athletics logo change this offseason. That's the only reason they sold off last year's jerseys, because the knock-off Denver Broncos logo was going to go away.

GFM

Leave a comment:

• Douglas
    replied

Second night in Bowling Green and tonight CJ Groh gets his first start in goal...

Go CJ !!!

You can access Live Stats and other feeds from the BGSU website HERE under the SCHEDULE heading. Enjoy!!!
    Last edited by Douglas; 10-23-2010, 05:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Douglas
    replied

I like the new blues a lot. Got any other shots of them, Douglas?
    GFM
    Here you go...

*****http://www.knology.net/~dougeagan/RoadBlues2010-11.jpg******

*****http://www.knology.net/~dougeagan/RoadBlues2010-11(2).jpg******
    Last edited by Douglas; 10-23-2010, 05:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• gfmorris
    replied

I like the new blues a lot. Got any other shots of them, Douglas?

GFM

Leave a comment:

• Douglas
    replied

Here's are two frames of Vince Bruni scoring his goal...

*****http://www.knology.net/~dougeagan/BruniScore-2.jpg******

*****http://www.knology.net/~dougeagan/BruniScore-1.jpg******

Leave a comment:

• Douglas
    replied

Well fellow Charger fans, the first game of this weekend series with Bowling Green is coming up in a few hours and I'll be heading to the rink in about an hour for pre-game prep. Go Blue!!!

Leave a comment:

• gfmorris
    replied

http://www.uahchargers.com/index.php...426&Itemid=245

Pre-sale is now underway. Not the best option set here, but UAH really didn't have a lot of influence in the pricing.

GFM

Leave a comment:

Working...
X