• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back check
    replied
    Re: Declaring Our Independence: UAH 2010-11, Part the First

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
    An OT PP opportunity? That must have been some kind of penalty to call it on the home team, especially as it was probably CCHA refs doing the game.

GFM
    Also there was a slashing call to MSU's NHL first-rounder in the last minute of regulation time giving the Chargers a 6-on-4 with the goalie out.

Leave a comment:

• Douglas
    replied

Some quotes from the Sparty thread...

owslachief = "What the h3ll?"

Pirateasaurus = "What the **** was that?

Complete meltdown. Embarrassing. We were lucky not to lose after that overtime.

The team clocked out for the night with about 10 minutes left.

A 3 goal lead should never disintegrate like that against anybody and UAH is not a good team. We may have not lost but our team was humbled tonight."

Arwen22266 = "They thought they had it in the bag, and they sat back. State is a better team than they showed tonight, and I hope they realize it sooner than later."

owslachief = "Violent collision of reality and absurdity."

Leave a comment:

• gfmorris
    replied

Originally posted by chargersupporter View Post
    Two trips to OT after being down 4-1 on the road and one point out of four probably disappointing to the guys. Plus a PP opportunity in last night's game when the PP has been very productive.
    An OT PP opportunity? That must have been some kind of penalty to call it on the home team, especially as it was probably CCHA refs doing the game.

GFM

Leave a comment:

• Back check
    replied

1. The CCHA's rejection had nothing to do with on-ice performance. It does make for a compelling narrative, though.

2. My favorite tidbit from the USCHO post-game review was that the UAH locker room was quiet, not boisterous. I'm sure that the boys are happy that they got it tied up with three goals in the last four minutes of regulation, but I get the sense that they're not happy with not closing it out in OT.

GFM
    Two trips to OT after being down 4-1 on the road and one point out of four probably disappointing to the guys. Plus a PP opportunity in last night's game when the PP has been very productive.

Leave a comment:

• gfmorris
    replied

1. The CCHA's rejection had nothing to do with on-ice performance. It does make for a compelling narrative, though.

2. My favorite tidbit from the USCHO post-game review was that the UAH locker room was quiet, not boisterous. I'm sure that the boys are happy that they got it tied up with three goals in the last four minutes of regulation, but I get the sense that they're not happy with not closing it out in OT.

GFM

Leave a comment:

• Back check
    replied

Wow. What a comeback! Second time in three games the Chargers have come back from 4-1 down to take a game to overtime. As Charger #2 said, the scores vs. Ferris State, Bowling Green, and Michigan State have hopefully shown CCHA folks the Chargers can compete at a high enough level in their conference.

Leave a comment:

• MikeAnderson
    replied

"The nation's sixth-best power-play entering the night..."

PROUD

Leave a comment:

• gfmorris
    replied

I'm stunned. I sent Lou a text asking him what he'd said in the second intermission [figuring that he had really exhorted things, whether or not he was upset or just amped], and his response was, "Believe it or not, I was cool, calm, and collected." I laughed for a solid minute at that one. I also texted DC to see if he had been able to shake free and get over to East Lansing, but he hadn't. I know he was going to try to meet the team at one of the CCHA road dates early this fall if he could.

GFM

Leave a comment:

• Charger #2
    replied

Great result tonight for UAH!

A couple of observations from checking the live stats (wasn't at the game):

Shots - 38-32 MSU - pretty close (of note was 3rd period - 17-7 for UAH)

Faceoffs - UAH won the faceoff battle by 1

Penalties - even (both 6 for 12) - that tells me that refs were not a factor either way.

UAH scored 3 goals in last 4 minutes to tie....... obviously they have the ability to score.

All in all a great game by UAH.

I was at the 2nd game at BGSU and liked what I saw! Met Chris Luongo for first time at that game and was impressed!

I believe Tom Anastos (CCHA commissioner) was at game at BGSU, hope he was at the game tonight.... would hope UAH made a mark.

Heard audio of Rick Comley from this week and he seemed really patronizing/trivializing to UAH.... said he thought BGSU was lucky if they had 1000 fans at games vs. UAH... I was there and announced crowd was approx. 2700, more than BGSU had for Michigan the week before.... Hey Comley...... what do you have to say after tonight???

Way to go UAH!!

Paul.
    Charger #2
    86-90

Leave a comment:

• Douglas
    replied

Chargers Tie Michigan State 4-4 on three unanswered goals late in the third period.

Couldn't score on the PP in OT but outshot MSU in both the 3rd and OT periods.

Great effort and a big improvement. C.J. was in goal with 34 saves.

SOG: UAH 32 - MSU 38 for the game.
    Last edited by Douglas; 10-29-2010, 08:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Douglas
    replied

Matti Järvinen's dad emailed me to let me know that Lasse Uusivirta has satisfied the NCAA Clearinghouse and is finally eligible. He also indicated that he made the trip to East Lansing. Need the depth at D!
    GFM
    That's definitely good news as the second game at BG was played with 5 D and 13 forwards.

Now, if we could just get another year out of Soupy...

Leave a comment:

• gfmorris
    replied

Matti Järvinen's dad emailed me to let me know that Lasse Uusivirta has satisfied the NCAA Clearinghouse and is finally eligible. He also indicated that he made the trip to East Lansing. Need the depth at D!

GFM

Leave a comment:

• Back check
    replied

Originally posted by Douglas View Post
    I guess the Boys in Blue have had their practice time at MSU.

Friday nights game starts at 6:05 pm our time (CDT). You can go to MSU's home page HERE. Click on the Calendar tab and it looks like video and Game Tracker are available. The links are beside the scheduled game listing.

Or you can go directly to Friday night's Game Tracker HERE

Go Chargers!!!
    Thanks for the links Douglas. Hope the guys can show their best and hang in there with a good Michigan State team. The Spartans have taken 3 out of 4 pts. from ranked teams the last two weekends at Munn Arena.

Leave a comment:

• Douglas
    replied

I guess the Boys in Blue have had their practice time at MSU.

Friday nights game starts at 6:05 pm our time (CDT). You can go to MSU's home page HERE. Click on the Calendar tab and it looks like video and Game Tracker are available. The links are beside the scheduled game listing.

Or you can go directly to Friday night's Game Tracker HERE

Go Chargers!!!

Leave a comment:

• gfmorris
    replied

Originally posted by chargersupporter View Post
    You will likely get many more opportunities to blame the goalies as the season goes on.
    I'm not blaming the goaltenders. They're just young and unproven.

GFM

Leave a comment:

Working...
X