X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vizoroo
    replied
    Re: Declaring Our Independence: UAH 2010-11, Part the First

For those of us who "live and die" for our favorite college hockey team, there comes a time when that is secondary. And that time came to Pioneer fans this weekend.
    GRAND FORKS, N.D. — University of Denver center Jesse Martin sustained three neck fractures in Saturday night's hockey game at North Dakota and was transferred to a Minneapolis hospital this morning where doctors are deciding if emergency surgery is required to relieve swelling of the spinal cord, the player's father said.

Read more: DU's Martin facing emergency surgery for broken neck - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_...#ixzz13z0LjWRS

A new thread has been started
    "Pass on your best wishes to Jesse Martin here"

Leave a comment:

• gfmorris
    replied

Originally posted by moose97 View Post
    You know, I haven't even given a second's thought to next year yet, but since the subject is broached, you guys comming up next season, or is this year's trip a one-time thing for now?
    Honestly, I don't know. I figure we owe a payback trip at some point. May make sense to do it in 12-13 when a number of one-for-ones will be coming this way.

GFM

Leave a comment:

• moose97
    replied

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
    tOSU is confirmed for 11-12. As for MSU, I don't know if that's happening in 11-12 or 12-13. Danton hadn't said anything to me, but if he said something to Douglas, I'll believe it.

GFM
    You know, I haven't even given a second's thought to next year yet, but since the subject is broached, you guys comming up next season, or is this year's trip a one-time thing for now?

Leave a comment:

• gfmorris
    replied

Originally posted by Douglas View Post
    I know it was "in the works and pretty much done" while Danton was here but I haven't checked in to see if it is still on. I "think" we also have that agreement with tOSU. We visit them next week and they come here next year. We do home-and-home with FSU this year and I also recall a couple of other (nonformer CHA) teams doing the same. Former CHA teams have also helped out filling our schedule.
    tOSU is confirmed for 11-12. As for MSU, I don't know if that's happening in 11-12 or 12-13. Danton hadn't said anything to me, but if he said something to Douglas, I'll believe it.

GFM

Leave a comment:

• Douglas
    replied

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
    Which brings to mind this question: Do you have any knowledge of us returning the favor of a visit next season?
    I know it was "in the works and pretty much done" while Danton was here but I haven't checked in to see if it is still on. I "think" we also have that agreement with tOSU. We visit them next week and they come here next year. We do home-and-home with FSU this year and I also recall a couple of other (nonformer CHA) teams doing the same. Former CHA teams have also helped out filling our schedule.

Leave a comment:

• owslachief
    replied

It's always nice to hear another team's fan(s) admit that UAH isn't the patsy they were expecting coming in to the weekend. The boys certainly looked like it at Wisconsin and fans chirped accordingly, but I figured a good followup effort last night indicated that Friday wasn't as much of a fluke as it could be regarded.

Since both Cole and Luongo are alumni, I look favorably upon Michigan State for their schedule against anyone but us, and only use that derisive nickname when it's time to square off.

Would love to be doing this every year in the CCHA,
    GFM
    Which brings to mind this question: Do you have any knowledge of us returning the favor of a visit next season?

Leave a comment:

• Douglas
    replied

I can't wait to see how Sparty fans spin this one, a one-goal win where both of their goals were PPG? Either UAH is pretty decent or Sparty just isn't any good. GFM
    From the Sparty thread by Pirateasaurus: "...We won and that is all that matters, really. I thought UAH looked very motivated last night and played very well as opposed to us just ****ing the game away. I think they have something to prove to any CCHA team they are up against..."

A reasonable statement in my opinion... I don't think anyone will think we are equal to Sparty (that will take a truckload of money) but, can we play with them? I'd say that's a yes.

Leave a comment:

• gfmorris
    replied

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
    Yes and maybe.
    It's always nice to hear another team's fan(s) admit that UAH isn't the patsy they were expecting coming in to the weekend. The boys certainly looked like it at Wisconsin and fans chirped accordingly, but I figured a good followup effort last night indicated that Friday wasn't as much of a fluke as it could be regarded.

Since both Cole and Luongo are alumni, I look favorably upon Michigan State for their schedule against anyone but us, and only use that derisive nickname when it's time to square off.

Would love to be doing this every year in the CCHA,
    GFM

Leave a comment:

• owslachief
    replied

I can't wait to see how Sparty fans spin this one, a one-goal win where both of their goals were PPG? Either UAH is pretty decent or Sparty just isn't any good.

GFM
    Yes and maybe.

Leave a comment:

• MikeAnderson
    replied

Originally posted by UAHIce View Post
    Hey guys, I have an opportunity to attend the BC/Mass-Lowell game this Tuesday (government travel sends you to the most interesting places... and also, Boston). Any ideas for a snarky pro-UAH sign?
    How about asking Blaise if we can interest him in some more Southern Hospitality?

Leave a comment:

• UAHIce
    replied

Hey guys, I have an opportunity to attend the BC/Mass-Lowell game this Tuesday (government travel sends you to the most interesting places... and also, Boston). Any ideas for a snarky pro-UAH sign?

Leave a comment:

• Douglas
    replied

Saturday night Final:
    UAH 1 - MSU 2
    Clarke Saunders in net tonight with a 27 save effort.
    SOG's were UAH 19 - MSU 29
    Last edited by Douglas; 10-30-2010, 09:03 PM. Reason: Correct SOG's

Leave a comment:

• gfmorris
    replied

I can't wait to see how Sparty fans spin this one, a one-goal win where both of their goals were PPG? Either UAH is pretty decent or Sparty just isn't any good.

GFM

Leave a comment:

• Douglas
    replied

Don't see many EAPPGs. As Koudys netted it with SGeoffrion assisting, I'm getting that it was Geoffrion-Cseter-Desmet-Koudys on the front line. I'm guessing a Seabass shot on rebounded to Joe? Doug, can you let us know what happened? I'm sure that you'd have posted a photo of the GTG if you had it. GFM
    I'd love to if I was there. Too many commitments this week so I couldn't make the trip to Munn... and I'm not sure yet if I'll make tOSU games either. I'm stuck watching the Game Tracker just like you guys... BUMMER!!!

Go Blue!!!

Leave a comment:

• gfmorris
    replied

Originally posted by chargersupporter View Post
    Also there was a slashing call to MSU's NHL first-rounder in the last minute of regulation time giving the Chargers a 6-on-4 with the goalie out.
    Don't see many EAPPGs. As Koudys netted it with SGeoffrion assisting, I'm getting that it was Geoffrion-Cseter-Desmet-Koudys on the front line. I'm guessing a Seabass shot on rebounded to Joe? Doug, can you let us know what happened? I'm sure that you'd have posted a photo of the GTG if you had it.

GFM

Leave a comment:

Working...
X