• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gfmorris
    replied
    Re: Declaring Our Independence: UAH 2010-11, Part the First

Originally posted by MikeAnderson View Post
    That is also fitting, as OSU has never played the varsity team in Huntsville.
    At least we have that "undefeated against the Buckeyes in Huntsville" thing still going for us. Let's see how that fares next season.

GFM

Leave a comment:

• MikeAnderson
    replied

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
    I thought it was just in Columbus. Huh.

GFM
    That is also fitting, as OSU has never played the varsity team in Huntsville.

Leave a comment:

• gfmorris
    replied

Congratulations to the Buckeyes on getting their first win in program history against the "lowly" Chargers.
    I thought it was just in Columbus. Huh.

GFM

Leave a comment:

• gfmorris
    replied

When the faceoff photo is the best one to be shared, you know it was a stinkbomb. Apparently Lou didn't let the players meet with their families post-game.

The best thing about stinkbombs is that they clear up after a few hours. Today is a new day, and the boys should play with better effort.

GFM

Leave a comment:

• MikeAnderson
    replied

Congratulations to the Buckeyes on getting their first win in program history against the "lowly" Chargers.

Leave a comment:

• Douglas
    replied

Sorry guys, there wasn't enough time between periods to get anything posted as the best photo shoot spots had to be reserved and you had to get there 5 min before the period began... Here's a shot of the opening faceoff...

*****http://www.knology.net/~dougeagan/Opening%20Faceoff.jpg******

We gave up two goals in the first period, got one of them back in the second, a decent period, then the wheels came off in the third... Final score UAH 2 - OSU 6

Hoping the Chargers I know show up tomorrow night!

Leave a comment:

• jyoung
    replied

Originally posted by Douglas View Post
    Hello Charger Fans from Ohio State University...

Here's the link for Live Stats. (Yes, I know right now it show the results of the RMU game but they assure me it will be refreshed by our game time.)

I'm on the OSU guest network so I should be able to post a pic or two between periods.

Keep an eye out here...
    Thanks Doug, looking forward to it.

Leave a comment:

• Douglas
    replied

Hello Charger Fans from Ohio State University...

Here's the link for Live Stats. (Yes, I know right now it show the results of the RMU game but they assure me it will be refreshed by our game time.)

I'm on the OSU guest network so I should be able to post a pic or two between periods.

Keep an eye out here...
    Last edited by Douglas; 11-05-2010, 04:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Douglas
    replied

Okay guys, bad news on the internet speed from this hotel... this must be a trend as the speeds at hotels seems to be dropping like a rock!!! For the geeks here is what I averaged at this hotel: download = 250kbs; upload = 60 kbs
    We're about to go to practice so I'll check for wireless in the locker room. Here's hoping...
    Last edited by Douglas; 11-05-2010, 04:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Douglas
    replied

Good luck. It's a LOOOOOOONG way from the ice to the press box at Value City Arena. Hope you've been doing your cardio.
    My last two times there I never bothered to go up there so that's what I was afraid of. If there is wireless available in the coaches locker room I can do it from there. If not, then...

Leave a comment:

• MikeAnderson
    replied

Originally posted by Douglas View Post
    Looks like I can make the OSU trip so, if I can get up to the press box quick enough, watch for a pic to be posted here between periods. If I can't get up there in time to download the camera to the laptop, edit a sample pic, upload it to the server, then link it to a post in this thread, I'll load some after the game or in the morning... assuming this hotel wireless link is fast enough. The one in Bowling Green seemed like dial-up... it was painfully slow.
    Good luck. It's a LOOOOOOONG way from the ice to the press box at Value City Arena. Hope you've been doing your cardio.

Leave a comment:

• Back check
    replied

Thanks Douglas - look forward to the photos.

OSU has 11 seniors and seven of their top eight scorers are seniors. They have been on the road a lot and have recorded impressive road wins @ Q-Pac and Ferris State. All of their losses by one goal. Another challenging weekend for the Chargers. I bet the guys are looking forward to being home for a while after this series.

Leave a comment:

• Douglas
    replied

Looks like I can make the OSU trip so, if I can get up to the press box quick enough, watch for a pic to be posted here between periods. If I can't get up there in time to download the camera to the laptop, edit a sample pic, upload it to the server, then link it to a post in this thread, I'll load some after the game or in the morning... assuming this hotel wireless link is fast enough. The one in Bowling Green seemed like dial-up... it was painfully slow.

The new updated USCHO already loads much slower than the previous version but at the Bowling Green hotel it took about 2 minutes to load the full page... ads and all...
    No way to upload anything from there...

Leave a comment:

• Back check
    replied

Recently watched the Travis Roy segment on Versus.

Sure hope Martin is able to recover.

Leave a comment:

• gfmorris
    replied

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
    For those of us who "live and die" for our favorite college hockey team, there comes a time when that is secondary. And that time came to Pioneer fans this weekend.
    GRAND FORKS, N.D. — University of Denver center Jesse Martin sustained three neck fractures in Saturday night's hockey game at North Dakota and was transferred to a Minneapolis hospital this morning where doctors are deciding if emergency surgery is required to relieve swelling of the spinal cord, the player's father said.

Read more: DU's Martin facing emergency surgery for broken neck - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_...#ixzz13z0LjWRS

A new thread has been started
    "Pass on your best wishes to Jesse Martin here"
    I read about that earlier, and my heart sunk. C2 fractures are very bad news.

GFM

Leave a comment:

Working...
X