• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jyoung
    replied
    Re: Declaring Our Independence: UAH 2010-11, Part the First

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
    I won't be at the game tonight, as I've really gone downhill with what I think is a sinus infection since the lunch. This is the first home game I've missed in over a decade. I'm really not happy.

GFM
    Crud you too? I've been down with my infection for a week, and when trying to get someone to go with her tonight, my wife got constant responses of sick/ill from our friends. At least one of our other hockey fan folks is out with a migraine, and a second with what looks like the flu. This bites. I hope the students show.

Leave a comment:

• gfmorris
    replied

I won't be at the game tonight, as I've really gone downhill with what I think is a sinus infection since the lunch. This is the first home game I've missed in over a decade. I'm really not happy.

GFM

Leave a comment:

• Douglas
    replied

Time to pack my gear and head to the rink. I understand that due to the continuing Internet problems at the VBC there is no B2 television (check to be sure) for awhile but Live Stats are available HERE. You'll find them in the Sports Menu on the top right of the page.

Leave a comment:

• Douglas
    replied

Originally posted by JP1
    my apologies to any i've offended...i've been asked by person i know with ties to uah to keep it positive or stay quiet so i will honor that request...
    Apology accepted.

There are UAH fans here with a wide range of hockey and program knowlege. From "simply a fan" to former players/coaches so it's often a place where some fans can learn from others with more knowlege/experience. Many teachers say, "there are no stupid questions"... Personally, I'm not so sure about that, but if they are asked in a polite, inquisitive manner seeking an informed answer, I have no problem with them and look at it as an opportunity to help make a UAH fan better informed and thus, a better fan.

Trolls seeking to start flame wars or other stuff are usually handled best by simply ignoring them. That's what they hate the most. Making posts personal by name calling (except in the case of our friendly jabs at Beaver fans; you know who you are) are simply uncalled for. Take the opportunity to inform, not denigrate; it makes life so much better. Most here are Charger fans so we all have that in common. Doesn't mean we can't complain or deliver a properly timed "Duh"; it just means to keep it civil. JMHO

Leave a comment:

• gfmorris
    replied

Originally posted by chargersupporter View Post
    Heisenberg recruiting site says UAH has its first recruit for next year - Tyler Kotlarz - F -Carleton Place CJHL.
    The Internet says that Kotlarz is 6'0" 188#, RW, was 29-28--57 in 62GP with 26 PIM in 09-10, and is 9-8--17 with 12PIM in 24 GP so far this year. Last year, he was 9-10--19 on the PP plus 2SHG. Sounds like he'd fit right in with the 2010-11 "we don't score at even strength" Chargers.

GFM

Leave a comment:

• gfmorris
    replied

Originally posted by Jon View Post
    Hi,
    So what can we fans of the Skating Goons expect from this weekend's tilt with UAH? Because if it's going to be anywhere near as awful as PC's trip to Duluth, feel free to lie.
    Young team that we've seen in two home games before a four-weekend road odyssey, so the bulk of us don't know.

GFM

Leave a comment:

• Jon
    replied

Hi,
    So what can we fans of the Skating Goons expect from this weekend's tilt with UAH? Because if it's going to be anywhere near as awful as PC's trip to Duluth, feel free to lie.

Leave a comment:

• Douglas
    replied

Originally posted by tnlong View Post
    Call?! What's the official e-mail p.o.c. for such matters now that Shelia is gone? Coach's e'mail on the subject said to RSVP, but it didn't specify whether or not to use one of the two addresses used for the e-mail.
    I simply replied to the email I received... The phone number was for those who didn't receive an email because they aren't Blue Line Club members yet...

Leave a comment:

• Back check
    replied

Heisenberg recruiting site says UAH has its first recruit for next year - Tyler Kotlarz - F -Carleton Place CJHL.

Leave a comment:

• gfmorris
    replied

Originally posted by tnlong View Post
    Call?! What's the official e-mail p.o.c. for such matters now that Shelia is gone? Coach's e'mail on the subject said to RSVP, but it didn't specify whether or not to use one of the two addresses used for the e-mail.
    brian DOT massey AT uah DOT edu.

Leave a comment:

• tnlong
    replied

Originally posted by Douglas View Post
    ... If you are coming I suggest you RSVP by Noon Thursday (call the Athletic Department at (256) 824-6144) so they will know how much food to order. ...
    Last edited by tnlong; 11-10-2010, 06:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jyoung
    replied

Originally posted by Douglas View Post
    Hey Charger Fans -
    Providence College is coming to town for two games this weekend and as usual for home games the Blue Line Club's Coach's Luncheon will be this Friday at Noon in Spragins Hall. The Providence Head Coach, Tim Army, will be the guest speaker so have your hockey questions ready. Head Coach Luongo is the host and will be telling us about the upcoming weekend's games. If you're in town this weekend, come on down!

This is also Parent's Weekend so there will be a lot of parents in town and I'm sure quite a few will be joining us at the Coach's Luncheon. If you are coming I suggest you RSVP by Noon Thursday (call the Athletic Department at (256) 824-6144) so they will know how much food to order. Also, I'd arrive at least 5 min early. You can pay at the door if you don't RSVP but if too many come without RSVP'ing you may not get fed. It's also a great time to join the Blue Line Club if you're not already a member.

See you there...
    I'm home sick for the week and so I'm probably not going to attend either the luncheon or the games. This annoys me a great deal.

Leave a comment:

• Douglas
    replied

Hey Charger Fans -
    Providence College is coming to town for two games this weekend and as usual for home games the Blue Line Club's Coach's Luncheon will be this Friday at Noon in Spragins Hall. The Providence Head Coach, Tim Army, will be the guest speaker so have your hockey questions ready. Head Coach Luongo is the host and will be telling us about the upcoming weekend's games. If you're in town this weekend, come on down!

This is also Parent's Weekend so there will be a lot of parents in town and I'm sure quite a few will be joining us at the Coach's Luncheon. If you are coming I suggest you RSVP by Noon Thursday (call the Athletic Department at (256) 824-6144) so they will know how much food to order. Also, I'd arrive at least 5 min early. You can pay at the door if you don't RSVP but if too many come without RSVP'ing you may not get fed. It's also a great time to join the Blue Line Club if you're not already a member.

See you there...

Leave a comment:

• gfmorris
    replied

I'm home. Just quiet these days.

GFM

Leave a comment:

• Douglas
    replied

Anyone home? ...or still in shock!