• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ChargerBlue
    replied
    Re: Declaring Our Independence: UAH 2010-11, Part the First

Originally posted by JP1
    on different note...any opinion on how long uah pres willing to ride things out as independent? is the new pr hire coming up with new ideas?
    I thought the trolls were done when the CHA thread ended. Guess not. JP1 = first UAH supporter with negative reps.

Leave a comment:

• Douglas
    replied

Originally posted by MattS View Post
    I will preface this with I have never seen UAH before but from my seats clearly Saunders was the better of the two that played.

Got to give props to UAH, they played hard in both games and never quit especially after that trip up. Wow.
    That's definitley been the way they have played this year. All out all the time no matter the score... except for the first game at OSU.

Originally posted by MattS View Post
    Also is Luongo always that fired up as a coach? My seats are right behind the visitors bench and wow, he was at times more amusing that the game.
    He is dedicated to making something of this team for sure and... the entire coaching staff is highly frustrated at the lack of success so far this year so... I guess you could say you will see some "animation"?!?

As to starting Griggs? Well, you know the definition of insanity, right? Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Nuff said!

Leave a comment:

• MattS
    replied

Originally posted by JP1
    did you watch the game? if did you would know that cornell missed least 8 open nets otherwise it be different outcome...but loungo opened pandora box...there a reason no experienced coach plays third goalies...now what he supposed to do for rotation? no way can effectively rotate three...just look at groh...great games vs osu and pc, solid against bg in game where team didn't show up and now he's sat three straight...maybe more since don't know what this staff is thinking...but tough for any of them to get any kind of rhythm...that why it a very curious choice...
    I will preface this with I have never seen UAH before but from my seats clearly Saunders was the better of the two that played.

Got to give props to UAH, they played hard in both games and never quit especially after that trip up. Wow.

Also is Luongo always that fired up as a coach? My seats are right behind the visitors bench and wow, he was at times more amusing that the game.

Leave a comment:

• gfmorris
    replied

Originally posted by JP1
    did you watch the game? if did you would know that cornell missed least 8 open nets otherwise it be different outcome...but loungo opened pandora box...there a reason no experienced coach plays third goalies...now what he supposed to do for rotation? no way can effectively rotate three...just look at groh...great games vs osu and pc, solid against bg in game where team didn't show up and now he's sat three straight...maybe more since don't know what this staff is thinking...but tough for any of them to get any kind of rhythm...that why it a very curious choice...
    I did not watch the game. You said you weren't going. Did you end up going anyway?

UAH started three goaltenders in 2002-3, 2005-6, and 2006-7. Now, if you want to lay all those at the feet of Doug Ross, that's fine. Would we agree that Tom Serratore is an experienced coach? He started three goaltenders in 2007-8, 2006-7, 2003-4, and 2002-3.

Okay, so maybe Tom Serratore isn't enough for you, Frozen Four berth or no. How about BU's Jack Parker? He did it in 2007-8 and 2006-7.

Or, let's look who's done it this year: Air Force (FSerratore, 14th season at AFA, 18th overall), Bentley (Soderquist, 9th season), Dartmouth (Gaudet, 23rd season), Holy Cross (Pearl, 16th season), Maine (Whitehead, 15th season), Niagara (Burkholder, 10th season), and Princeton (Gadowsky, 12th season). Sure, none of those teams are top teams, but UAH has two wins so far. Two. Don't you have to try something?

I can't speak to the decision. I didn't see the games. I don't know if it was the right move or not. If you'd asked me last night who I expected to start, I would have said Groh.

Is it a curious choice? Yep. Is it a choice born of inexperience? The facts argue otherwise. I know, I know ... never let the facts get in the way of a good rant.

Your move.

GFM

Leave a comment:

• gfmorris
    replied

Originally posted by JP1
    curious choice by uah staff...glad found out before headed down from upstate today and wasted trip...
    I presume the "curious choice" you were referring to is starting Johnny Griggs. He ended up stopping 36 of 38 and the boys took the Big Red to OT.

GFM

Leave a comment:

• Douglas
    replied

Well the bus weary Chargers fell to the Cornell Big Red 3-1
    Shots were 25-35 in favor of Cornell.
    All Cornell scoring came in the 2nd period.
    The Charger goal by Bruni from Burkholder came in the third.

Hopefully a good night of rest and a review of the game films will give the boys what they need to get a split tomorrow night.
    Then, guess what? Back on the bus!!!

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Ugh. 40 hours on a bus is the seventh circle of hell. I won't exactly wish them good luck tonight, but they have my sympathy.

Leave a comment:

• jyoung
    replied

Originally posted by Douglas View Post
    FLASH!!! UAH finally made it to Cornell!!!

After the bus ride from hell, (left campus Wed ~ 8pm arrived Cornell Fri at 11:30am) trailer problem in Kentucky, then dodging a ton of "lake effect" snow and weather across New York. They never left the bus except to eat for that whole time. You gotta feel for them. In my book, this trip wins the record for "worst bus ride". I was on the previous winner a few years ago when it took us 24 hours to return from Robert Morris due to bus problems. We spent around 10 hours in a rest area while waiting on the bus to be repaired (at least we had good weather and could wander around outside). I can only say I'm glad I wasn't along when the new record was set!

Anyway, first game at Cornell is 7pm ET tonight (6pm Central) and you can catch the Live Stats HERE. I think both games are televised with a Cornell Redcast Subscription. You can check it out at their main hockey page HERE.

Go Big Blue!!!
    Graduation is going to make me miss the hockey game. And yeah, I was wondering, the guys weren't exactly thrilled about leaving for this trip. I talked to a few, and they just seemed to know this particular ride was going to be bad. I feel for them, I've done those drives, and they leave you hurting for days. Maybe they can vent a little frustration on the Cornell team in the way of an upset or two.

Leave a comment:

• Douglas
    replied

Originally posted by JP1
    not exactly what i had in mind when i suggested their previous routine wasn't working and they may want to look at changing it...be interesting to see how they react...hopefully got on the ice when first got there to get kinks out...
    Yes, they got on the ice. That 11:30 am arrival was at the rink although I don't know how hard they practiced. They may have just had a warm up skate or maybe ran a few drills before heading to the hotel and/or eat.

Leave a comment:

• Douglas
    replied

FLASH!!! UAH finally made it to Cornell!!!

After the bus ride from hell, (left campus Wed ~ 8pm arrived Cornell Fri at 11:30am) trailer problem in Kentucky, then dodging a ton of "lake effect" snow and weather across New York. They never left the bus except to eat for that whole time. You gotta feel for them. In my book, this trip wins the record for "worst bus ride". I was on the previous winner a few years ago when it took us 24 hours to return from Robert Morris due to bus problems. We spent around 10 hours in a rest area while waiting on the bus to be repaired (at least we had good weather and could wander around outside). I can only say I'm glad I wasn't along when the new record was set!

Anyway, first game at Cornell is 7pm ET tonight (6pm Central) and you can catch the Live Stats HERE. I think both games are televised with a Cornell Redcast Subscription. You can check it out at their main hockey page HERE.

Go Big Blue!!!

Leave a comment:

• Back check
    replied

If the Chargers do decide to bring their roster up to 26 next year, that means they will be recruiting 8 players. Add those 8 to the current 12 freshmen and that group will be together for three years (if they all stay through graduation).

Leave a comment:

• gfmorris
    replied

Originally posted by chargersupporter View Post
    Not sure if these numbers are right as Fairbanks listed as a junior on uah web site and a senior on uscho.

??
    As Fairbanks has played four years, he's a senior: http://www.uscho.com/stats/player/mi...ris-fairbanks/ I will tell our hockey SID to fix the uahchargers.com roster.

GFM

Leave a comment:

• Back check
    replied

With only two juniors on the roster it looks like UAH will be more busy in their recruiting efforts this year (six seniors), as opposed to next. 4 forwards graduating, 2 defencemen. One forward recruit for next year so far. Will the team look at increasing roster size as well? Only 13 forwards and 8 d-men this year.
    Not sure if these numbers are right as Fairbanks listed as a junior on uah web site and a senior on uscho.

??

Leave a comment:

• Back check
    replied

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
    I haven't seen all of it, but I don't think there's much rest for the weary.

GFM
    Well, as JP1 said, hopefully a strong schedule will appeal to possible recruits.

Leave a comment:

• gfmorris
    replied

I wonder if next year's schedule will be as strong as this year's.
    I haven't seen all of it, but I don't think there's much rest for the weary.

GFM

Leave a comment:

Working...
X