• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 21st Century Schizoid Man
    replied
    Re: Declaring Our Independence: UAH 2010-11, Part the First

Originally posted by Douglas View Post
    I'd like to take this opportunity to wish everyone a...
    Merry Christmas

<========== and a =========>

Happy New Year!

*****http://www.knology.net/~dougeagan/Christmas%20Tree.jpg******

Thanks Douglas, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to Charger Nation!

Leave a comment:

• Douglas
    replied

I'd like to take this opportunity to wish everyone a...
    Merry Christmas

<========== and a =========>

Happy New Year!

*****http://www.knology.net/~dougeagan/Christmas%20Tree.jpg******

Leave a comment:

• Back check
    replied

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
    According to strength of schedule rankings, Bemidji has played the second toughest schedule in the nation behind North Dakota. Hopefully it will get a little easier after the break and the Green can pick up a few wins.
    You had a close series with Wisconsin as well, went to OT twice with Minnesota-Duluth - BSU obviously a good team.

Leave a comment:

• beaverhockeyfan
    replied

Originally posted by chargersupporter View Post
    Agreed.

The rest of the schedule is by far the toughest part. All NCAA games are against ranked teams with the exception of Bemidji, who recently beat UNO twice when UNO was near the top of the rankings.
    According to strength of schedule rankings, Bemidji has played the second toughest schedule in the nation behind North Dakota. Hopefully it will get a little easier after the break and the Green can pick up a few wins.

Leave a comment:

• Back check
    replied

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
    So I was thinking about it tonight. 2-16-2. Ouch.

It's pretty simple, though. Without a conference, there shouldn't be any difference between one season and the next. All the Chargers' season is a postseason. Every week is a test. They haven't aced many of them this year. That doesn't mean stopping, though.

Every weekend matters, because every weekend is an opportunity to make an impression. Win? Awesome. Give a great effort and come up just short? Painful, but better than ... Lose while never being in it? Unacceptable.

I don't doubt that these guys aren't giving an effort. I don't doubt that the coaches are working, either. There are no off-weekends in this schedule, no familiar teams. The only teams UAH will play more than twice this season are BG and Ferris. That's it. Yes, there's familiarity in playing Robert Morris and Bemidji, but there aren't four or more games to learn about yourselves and what it takes for you to win. No, this schedule is more a gauntlet than anything else.

That doesn't excuse the results. It explains it, but it doesn't excuse it. I know fans and boosters are upset, but I don't think we're 5% as upset as any player or any coach.

Go Blue.

GFM
    Agreed.

The rest of the schedule is by far the toughest part. All NCAA games are against ranked teams with the exception of Bemidji, who recently beat UNO twice when UNO was near the top of the rankings.

Leave a comment:

• gfmorris
    replied

No coaches' luncheon before the RPI series. One will happen on the 7th before the Bemidji series. I may keep my mouth shut the entire time and just stare at Tom, waiting for him to ask me what I'm thinking.

GFM

Leave a comment:

• Back check
    replied

Heisenberg site says UAH picked up another recruit for next year - a d-man from Pembroke Lumber Kings.

Leave a comment:

• gfmorris
    replied

So I was thinking about it tonight. 2-16-2. Ouch.

It's pretty simple, though. Without a conference, there shouldn't be any difference between one season and the next. All the Chargers' season is a postseason. Every week is a test. They haven't aced many of them this year. That doesn't mean stopping, though.

Every weekend matters, because every weekend is an opportunity to make an impression. Win? Awesome. Give a great effort and come up just short? Painful, but better than ... Lose while never being in it? Unacceptable.

I don't doubt that these guys aren't giving an effort. I don't doubt that the coaches are working, either. There are no off-weekends in this schedule, no familiar teams. The only teams UAH will play more than twice this season are BG and Ferris. That's it. Yes, there's familiarity in playing Robert Morris and Bemidji, but there aren't four or more games to learn about yourselves and what it takes for you to win. No, this schedule is more a gauntlet than anything else.

That doesn't excuse the results. It explains it, but it doesn't excuse it. I know fans and boosters are upset, but I don't think we're 5% as upset as any player or any coach.

Go Blue.

GFM

Leave a comment:

• 5hole
    replied

Off-subject but FYI, just returned from the Gwinnett ECHL game and we were graced with a visit tonight by the Junior Chargers from Huntsville. The youngsters get to skate out before the Glads players are introduced and stay on the blue line through the national anthems. A fine looking team.

Leave a comment:

• Douglas
    replied

Leave a comment:

• jyoung
    replied

Originally posted by ChargerBlue View Post
    Shoulda checked the UAH website....

http://www.sidearmstats.com/hurst/mhockey/index.htm
    Yeah I should have, but it's been ages since anything on that site has worked for me. (I suspect it doesn't like my browser of choice.)

Leave a comment:

• ChargerBlue
    replied

Shoulda checked the UAH website....

http://www.sidearmstats.com/hurst/mhockey/index.htm

Leave a comment:

• jyoung
    replied

So, yeah, tried to listen tonight and the feed won't work from the radio station.

Tried to get the live box score, but the NCAA scoreboard isn't updating the UAH game.

Tried to find someone blogging the score on the forum, and nothing.

No one seems to be tweeting either.

Urgh. I want my hockey fix. Anyone know what's going on with the game?

Leave a comment:

• dimwell
    replied

I honestly don't know what the students' excuse for hockey games is.
    Could it have something to do with this being our fifth losing season in a row, where we've combined for a record of 15-28-7 at the VBC since the beginning of the 2006-07 season?

It's no fun to watch the home team lose.
    Last edited by dimwell; 12-17-2010, 04:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jyoung
    replied

I don't know if there are words.

GFM
    Sure there are... Doug's right on the money: "OUCH!" What a disappointment, I was hoping the team would do a bit better, but I can't exactly say I expect them to be in a good head space this week given what has happened. Tonight may be better, or so we hope.

I didn't get to listen or watch since I got distracted. Seems I need to prep to move all of a sudden and things have gotten hectic here (I got a job in TN), but we pulled the score up during dinner tonight and were just stunned.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X