• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Douglas
    replied
    Re: Declaring Our Independence: UAH 2010-11, Part the First

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
    No one is going to be able to make the drive from Huntsville to Nashville anyway. It sounds like the world is ending down there......
    Hey Millsy - You wanna send down here some of those yellow and orange golf balls... with all this white stuff around I think I'm going to need them... This stuff is ruining my Monday golf day!!! ...and I can't find my balls... golf balls that is...

Leave a comment:

• beaverhockeyfan
    replied

Originally posted by chargersupporter View Post
    Nice to see the Chargers on the good end of a one-goal game. Only the 3rd time in last 28 tries UAH has beaten BSU.

Now comes Merrimack who waxed Maine 7-1 last night.
    No one is going to be able to make the drive from Huntsville to Nashville anyway. It sounds like the world is ending down there......

Leave a comment:

• Back check
    replied

Nice to see the Chargers on the good end of a one-goal game. Only the 3rd time in last 28 tries UAH has beaten BSU.

Now comes Merrimack who waxed Maine 7-1 last night.
    Last edited by Back check; 01-10-2011, 06:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

• gfmorris
    replied

Originally posted by moose97 View Post
    No offense, but there's a huge difference, though, between BSU/UAH/et. all and scheduling OOC games and Minnesota/Penn State and Michigan.

Here you go (BTHC): 6 teams, 20 conference games (home and home vs. everyone) and 14 OOC games (or 16 if there are exempt games). In the CHA, there was no real incentive for other schools to want to play BSU/UAH/etc., where as just about every W/CCHA school currently admits that Minnesota/Michigan, etc. drives their attendance, and they "need" them. The WCHA and CCHA would almost be foreced into some sort of scheduling interlock, reducing their number of conference games just to guarantee OOC games vs. the BTHC, and those schools would have plenty of games for variety in their 14-16 OOC games (and they would also give the W/CCHA schools what they want - games vs. their in-state BTHC "rivals").
    The reduction in conference games for CCHA and WCHA is what I was meaning, but I didn't fully finish the thought. An interlock would certainly be a reasonable solution in the west. If the BTHC brings about more non-conference games for all of college hockey, I look at that as a net positive.

GFM

Leave a comment:

• moose97
    replied

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
    Nah, it'll come back. Western realignment is going to shake a number of things up, including the insularity of conference scheduling. B10 schools aren't going to want to play a 24-game schedule. CHA fans know how unpleasant that can be.

GFM
    No offense, but there's a huge difference, though, between BSU/UAH/et. all and scheduling OOC games and Minnesota/Penn State and Michigan.

Here you go (BTHC): 6 teams, 20 conference games (home and home vs. everyone) and 14 OOC games (or 16 if there are exempt games). In the CHA, there was no real incentive for other schools to want to play BSU/UAH/etc., where as just about every W/CCHA school currently admits that Minnesota/Michigan, etc. drives their attendance, and they "need" them. The WCHA and CCHA would almost be foreced into some sort of scheduling interlock, reducing their number of conference games just to guarantee OOC games vs. the BTHC, and those schools would have plenty of games for variety in their 14-16 OOC games (and they would also give the W/CCHA schools what they want - games vs. their in-state BTHC "rivals").

Leave a comment:

• gfmorris
    replied

Originally posted by UAHStatman View Post
    You're right...the UAH-Bemidji era likely ends next season. We'll just have to enjoy this while we can. Today in particular.
    Nah, it'll come back. Western realignment is going to shake a number of things up, including the insularity of conference scheduling. B10 schools aren't going to want to play a 24-game schedule. CHA fans know how unpleasant that can be.

GFM

Leave a comment:

• UAHStatman
    replied

Originally posted by true2BSU View Post
    good game today... always nice to hear people getting into the game when listening on the radio. congrats to Huntsville... and I agree with the earlier post that I hope we always play a home and home with Huntsville. Hate losses but loving biscuits up here in the snow.
    I know I enjoyed the broadcasts (even Friday's game). Hooray Internet.

Leave a comment:

• UAHStatman
    replied

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
    1. They would win when I'm home sick. Dang stomach flu.

2. Until the WCHA dials back their league schedule, it's just not going to happen very often. Devoting 1/3 of your NC games to playing UAH every year isn't feasible, especially considering the cost of the travel.

GFM
    You're right...the UAH-Bemidji era likely ends next season. We'll just have to enjoy this while we can. Today in particular.

Leave a comment:

• gfmorris
    replied

Originally posted by true2BSU View Post
    good game today... always nice to hear people getting into the game when listening on the radio. congrats to Huntsville... and I agree with the earlier post that I hope we always play a home and home with Huntsville. Hate losses but loving biscuits up here in the snow.
    1. They would win when I'm home sick. Dang stomach flu.

2. Until the WCHA dials back their league schedule, it's just not going to happen very often. Devoting 1/3 of your NC games to playing UAH every year isn't feasible, especially considering the cost of the travel.

GFM

Leave a comment:

• true2BSU
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Back check
    replied

JP1 - who do you scout for? Can you send some good ones down south?

Leave a comment:

• Back check
    replied

Originally posted by JP1
    but the ad controls the budget and seeing how much travel this team forced to do as independent that means that the ad does in fact have final say...coach may do the work to arrange games but if non hockey supporter ad is selected there may not be money...flying vs. bus trip for example
    Just hope UAH gets some good news in the spring about the possibility of joining a conference some time in the next few years. Otherwise, it will be difficult to keep the program going, won't it ??
    Last edited by Back check; 01-08-2011, 02:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ChargerBlue
    replied

Originally posted by JP1
    doubt see much addtional schedule action beyond what already agreed to until fulltime ad in place...hopefully new ad will be hockey supporter...
    Coaches handle 99% of the scheduling in DI hockey. The AD search shouldn't have much impact on that aspect of the program.

Leave a comment:

• gfmorris
    replied

Originally posted by chargersupporter View Post
    Must be good for the ex-CHA foes to get together with Bobby Mo coming in just before Xmas and now Bemidji. Will Niagara be on the schedule next year?
    From what I've seen, no. AHA and WCHA schools have very insular schedules, so I don't expect many games with either conference past the next year or two. Bemidji worked to give us a home-and-home, which we'll complete next year, but they only get six NC games, and devoting two of them to UAH every year, with the cost of a Huntsville trip, just isn't feasible, as much as everyone from Tom Serratore on down would love to do it.

That said, there is another WCHA school lined up for a h&h. I don't think that's signed and sealed, though.

GFM

Leave a comment:

• Back check
    replied

Must be good for the ex-CHA foes to get together with Bobby Mo coming in just before Xmas and now Bemidji. Will Niagara be on the schedule next year?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X