X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jyoung
    replied
    Re: Declaring Our Independence: UAH 2010-11, Part the First

Saunders... wow. 58 stops, all in regulation, in a 2-1 OT win.

That, ladies and gentlemen, is a goalie playing "lights-out".

Leave a comment:

• gfmorris
    replied

Last-second goal in the second period. Had a possible goal waved off by the ref as kicked in by a UAH skate, and the video replay wasn't conclusive. Wheels came off after that.

Doug, SOG was 44-20 when I looked.

These last-minute goals are crippling this team.

GFM

Leave a comment:

• Douglas
    replied

The Boys in Blue dropped the first game to UNO 4-0.
    Justin Cseter couldn't convert on a late in the third penalty shot.
    SOG's were nearly 3 to 1 in favor of UNO.
    Scoreless 1st period, 2 in the 2nd and 2 in the 3rd for UNO.

Leave a comment:

• Back check
    replied

Looking at the incoming recruits, 4F and 1D so far.

Chargers losing 4F and 2D to graduation plus 1D left school.

To follow Geof's model of 14F 9D 3G, team will need to recruit 1 more F and 4 more D.

That is assuming everyone returns.
    Last edited by Back check; 01-27-2011, 11:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• gfmorris
    replied

Originally posted by Douglas View Post
    A choice huh? At Knuckleheads?
    I'm a cheap date.

GFM

Leave a comment:

• UAHStatman
    replied

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
    I've asked about the makeup of that group, and I've been told that it's very pro-hockey. Honestly, you couldn't have a committee like that at UAH without having Acuff and Steudeman on it. They're the most highly-respected and longest-tenured coaches on staff. This isn't to say that Chris Luongo isn't well-respected, because he is---but he's also a first-year head coach.
    That's the sense I got from looking at the list. I know Coach Steudeman has been a supporter of everything UAH since she arrived. Having hockey certainly hasn't hindered Coach Acuff from turning the men's basketball program into an NCAA Tournament contender. I think we can count on them.

Leave a comment:

• Douglas
    replied

...I can be bribed with beer and/or lunch...GFM
    A choice huh? At Knuckleheads?

Leave a comment:

• gfmorris
    replied

Doug:

I've asked about the makeup of that group, and I've been told that it's very pro-hockey. Honestly, you couldn't have a committee like that at UAH without having Acuff and Steudeman on it. They're the most highly-respected and longest-tenured coaches on staff. This isn't to say that Chris Luongo isn't well-respected, because he is---but he's also a first-year head coach.

I feel very good about the process for hockey, but nothing that I have to share is for public attribution. I can be bribed with beer and/or lunch. This isn't me blowing sunshine up anyone's skirts. If I didn't feel positive about the situation, I just wouldn't say anything.

As for Comley, as soon as I heard, my first instinct was to call Danton and see if I could represent him in negotiations. I didn't call him today but I will tomorrow.

GFM

Leave a comment:

• Douglas
    replied

Rick Comley is retiring from Michigan State at the end of this season so now some musical chairs can begin... We've all known Danton Cole would like to go home to State. I wonder if he will make it? I've heard he was expected to take over the U-18 team next year when that coach retires. This will be interesting to watch. I wish him well and that he gets what he wants.

Leave a comment:

• Douglas
    replied

UAH has named a search committee to replace Jim Harris. A timetable isn't explicitly named, but I'm hearing April/May. Given that the Big Ten stuff will likely happen in the May/June timeframe, having someone in place for the game of musical chairs that follows would really help.

I did notice one thing in that CS Gazette article I complained about yesterday:

That's the first time I've seen anyone quote Delany that the BTHC is a near-certainty, although I admittedly haven't been looking. It's good to see confirmation of both the league coming how many conference games they'll need.

GFM
    I noticed that on the search committee there is only one pro-hockey person (Joe Ritch) and several competing head coaches... all of whom probably want a higher standing and more favor especially with their current winning ways... double sigh...

Leave a comment:

• Back check
    replied

Only four more D-1 games left for the six seniors.

Tough games at Nebraska-Omaha and Ferris State.

Leave a comment:

• gfmorris
    replied

UAH has named a search committee to replace Jim Harris. A timetable isn't explicitly named, but I'm hearing April/May. Given that the Big Ten stuff will likely happen in the May/June timeframe, having someone in place for the game of musical chairs that follows would really help.

I did notice one thing in that CS Gazette article I complained about yesterday:

“My sense is [Minnesota and Wisconsin] are going to listen,” said McLeod, who visited with Big Ten officials at last week’s NCAA winter convention. “Jim Delany (Big Ten commissioner) has confirmed to me that they will move ahead on a plan to have their own conference.”

The WCHA hopes to setup a nonconference schedule so traditional rivalries, which also draw large revenue-generating crowds, won’t be eliminated and the Big Ten schools can flesh out a 34-game slate with only 20 conference games.
    That's the first time I've seen anyone quote Delany that the BTHC is a near-certainty, although I admittedly haven't been looking. It's good to see confirmation of both the league coming how many conference games they'll need.

GFM

Leave a comment:

• gfmorris
    replied

http://uahhockey.com/blog/2011/01/21...iew-full-text/

GFM

Leave a comment:

• gfmorris
    replied

Originally posted by moose97 View Post
    We all know this is false, though, as Navy hosted the DC Frozen Four. In other words, I'd love to see a Vandy "Star-V" logo on the ice in Nashville in 2015...
    Also, we know that hosting a FF doesn't presage your team going varsity, as was widely expected when USNA made the bid, and especially when USAFA moved to Atlantic Hockey.

GFM

Leave a comment:

• moose97
    replied

Originally posted by tnlong View Post
    http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...28/2079/SPORTS

Nashville to make Frozen Four bid

Vanderbilt and Tennessee would not be among them, however, as they currently field only club-level teams in hockey.
    We all know this is false, though, as Navy hosted the DC Frozen Four. In other words, I'd love to see a Vandy "Star-V" logo on the ice in Nashville in 2015...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X