Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Declaring Our Independence: UAH 2010-11, Part the First

Originally posted by Douglas View Post
    For UAH and CHA fans... Here is a link to a random bunch of my photos on my site that I use for linking photos to the web. You'll find some from as far back as the Wayne State days up to some from this season... also a few shots of my grandson, JD Cousart #17, so you'll know who you're looking at and a few other random shots... even the UAH girls softball team shot of their league championship win. Enjoy...

Doug's Pics Here

I'm working on setting up a web server with some low-res photos (fit for looking at on monitors, too low for good printing) for fans and parents to look through. Time is my biggest problem of course...
    Why aren't you using Flickr for this, or if not them, something like Zenfolio?

GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

Comment

I've added a few additional scans to the scans of the 1983, 1984, and 1985 National Collegiate Club Hockey Championship program covers.
      http://home.hiwaay.net/~plong/*tnl_h...ages/programs/
      http://home.hiwaay.net/~plong/*tnl_h...pProgPage3.jpg
      http://home.hiwaay.net/~plong/*tnl_h...ampPreProg.jpg
      http://home.hiwaay.net/~plong/*tnl_h...ProgPage28.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
        Why aren't you using Flickr for this, or if not them, something like Zenfolio?GFM
        I have a Flickr account but I can send something to this "parking" site much faster than I can upload and link to Flickr... and I control this site.
        Doug
        UAH 1974
        Charger Hockey - Born 1979 ~ Killed 2012
        Executioner: Malcom Portera - Chancellor, University of Alabama System
        Reason: Hates all things not in Tuscaloosa (i.e. UAH & UAB)
        Revived: Two Months Later - Thanks Nathan et al... Save UAH Hockey
        Reborn: 1/17/2013 - Thanks Bob - Thanks WCHA!!!

Comment

Last D-1 games for Burkholder, Baxter, Ruffini, Koudys, Fairbanks, Bruni in Grand Rapids, MI this weekend.

Hopefully the Chargers can play well on the road against another strong opponent. Ferris State coming off an impressive sweep at Alaska (no other NCAA team has done that in the last 3 years).

Everybody healthy?

Comment

Originally posted by chargersupporter View Post
            Last D-1 games for Burkholder, Baxter, Ruffini, Koudys, Fairbanks, Bruni in Grand Rapids, MI this weekend.

Hopefully the Chargers can play well on the road against another strong opponent. Ferris State coming off an impressive sweep at Alaska (no other NCAA team has done that in the last 3 years).

Everybody healthy?
            As far as I know, everyone's healthy.

GFM
            Geof F. Morris
            UAH BSE MAE 2002
            UAHHockey.com

Comment

Highlights:

Press Conference:

Comment

http://prairiehome.publicradio.org/

Know Your Ice from a Hole in the Ground

Coming to you this week from the John S. Glas Fieldhouse in Bemidji, Minnesota, a live broadcast performance of A Prairie Home Companion. With Special Guests, Rhonda Vincent & The Rage, jazz guitarist Sam Miltich, and the diva of the Dakotas, vocalist Andra Suchy. Also with us, the Royal Academy of Radio Acting; Tim Russell, Sue Scott, and Tom Keith, Richard Dworsky and The Guy's All-Star Shoe Band, and the latest News from Lake Wobegon.

Comment

Originally posted by tnlong View Post
                  http://prairiehome.publicradio.org/

Know Your Ice from a Hole in the Ground

Coming to you this week from the John S. Glas Fieldhouse in Bemidji, Minnesota, a live broadcast performance of A Prairie Home Companion. With Special Guests, Rhonda Vincent & The Rage, jazz guitarist Sam Miltich, and the diva of the Dakotas, vocalist Andra Suchy. Also with us, the Royal Academy of Radio Acting; Tim Russell, Sue Scott, and Tom Keith, Richard Dworsky and The Guy's All-Star Shoe Band, and the latest News from Lake Wobegon.
                  That's awesome.

GFM
                  Geof F. Morris
                  UAH BSE MAE 2002
                  UAHHockey.com

Comment

That's awesome.

GFM
                    Again at 13:00 Sun. on WLRH.

Comment

Good first period from the guys last night, and then not for the other two. 5GA on 31SOG just won't cut it. Neither will allowing two SHG.

GFM
                      Geof F. Morris
                      UAH BSE MAE 2002
                      UAHHockey.com

Comment

It's a new day... it's a new world... it's a...
                        Doug
                        UAH 1974
                        Charger Hockey - Born 1979 ~ Killed 2012
                        Executioner: Malcom Portera - Chancellor, University of Alabama System
                        Reason: Hates all things not in Tuscaloosa (i.e. UAH & UAB)
                        Revived: Two Months Later - Thanks Nathan et al... Save UAH Hockey
                        Reborn: 1/17/2013 - Thanks Bob - Thanks WCHA!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas View Post
                          It's a new day... it's a new world... it's a...
                          ... seven-week wait until the coaches' meeting in Naples.

GFM
                          Geof F. Morris
                          UAH BSE MAE 2002
                          UAHHockey.com

Comment

...a young team on the horizon for next year. Seniors will be missed. Will the team be more competitive next year?

Comment

Originally posted by chargersupporter View Post
                              ...a young team on the horizon for next year. Seniors will be missed. Will the team be more competitive next year?
                              Losing Baxter will hurt. He's really come into his own this year. He did play in juniors, but Jim is the age of the average college student, having enrolled at 18.

Losing Burkholder hurts on- and off-ice. Sadly, Ryan was never the same after his shoulder injury the first weekend against Ferris. I never heard him use that as an excuse.

Ruffini and Bruni ... both really good guys, but they've been inconsistent this year, unfortunately. I really thought that Ruffles would be a consistent scorer this year, and it just didn't happen.

Koudys has played well this year, working his way back into the lineup after not playing much last year.

Lastly, Fairbanks. Chris knows what he is and isn't. I don't see him taking many shifts off. He told me once at a post-game meal that he knows that he's not playing hockey at the next level, but he's worked hard and had fun. I talk more with Chris than the other guys, and I know that he speaks for all of them when he expresses his frustration with the results this year.

Losing senior experience is never easy, and having a two-man junior class compounds that. If there's a good thing amidst all the frustration, it's that the freshmen got a lot of ice time this year. The game should slow down for them next year. What will also help is a full offseason of cohesion with the coaching. Bringing in assistants in very late meant that they were all feeling each other out while working in new players.

In other news, there's a feature about UAH in USCHO Extra, but unfortunately logging in with my account doesn't let me access it. Grrrr.

GFM
                              Geof F. Morris
                              UAH BSE MAE 2002
                              UAHHockey.com

Comment

In other news, there's a feature about UAH in USCHO Extra, but unfortunately logging in with my account doesn't let me access it. Grrrr.

GFM
                                Oddly enough, I was able to read it without needing Extra: http://www.uscho.com/2011/02/15/road...see-positives/

If you can't see it, here's some quick bullet points. There were many quotes from Luongo and Burkholder, and there didn't seem to be anything UAH followers didn't already know.

* Coach Luongo felt tough schedule strengthened players' resolve.
                                * Freshmen goaltenders showed signs of promise.
                                * Baxter and Easton stepped up with upperclassmen leadership.
                                * Luongo sees tough, independent schedule as selling point in recruiting.
                                * Waiting on what happens with Penn State.
                                Michael Napier - UAH '97
                                uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey
                                U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
                                NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
                                CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
                                CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

Comment

Working...
                                X