Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Declaring Our Independence: UAH 2010-11, Part the First

Originally posted by jyoung View Post
    He was over sitting with us initially, though we didn't talk to him much. I said hello. He mostly talked to Brenda (who sits behind me) and then in the second and third period he moved over with his mother who was the next box over.
    Here's a short article and video segment from one of our local papers today: https://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs...er-with-video/

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      Here's a short article and video segment from one of our local papers today: https://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs...er-with-video/
      Nice to see Brock's feeling much better and looking forward to getting back on the ice.
      Doug
      UAH 1974
      Charger Hockey - Born 1979 ~ Killed 2012
      Executioner: Malcom Portera - Chancellor, University of Alabama System
      Reason: Hates all things not in Tuscaloosa (i.e. UAH & UAB)
      Revived: Two Months Later - Thanks Nathan et al... Save UAH Hockey
      Reborn: 1/17/2013 - Thanks Bob - Thanks WCHA!!!

Comment

Everybody healthy for UAH?

Comment

Originally posted by chargersupporter View Post
          Everybody healthy for UAH?
          Everyone on the ice last weekend is all good.

GFM
          Geof F. Morris
          UAH BSE MAE 2002
          UAHHockey.com

Comment

Coach Serratore will grace us with his usual good humor, analysis of his team, and some good anecdotes Friday at the Coach's Luncheon. He's always a good speaker.
            Doug
            UAH 1974
            Charger Hockey - Born 1979 ~ Killed 2012
            Executioner: Malcom Portera - Chancellor, University of Alabama System
            Reason: Hates all things not in Tuscaloosa (i.e. UAH & UAB)
            Revived: Two Months Later - Thanks Nathan et al... Save UAH Hockey
            Reborn: 1/17/2013 - Thanks Bob - Thanks WCHA!!!

Comment

Heisenberg recruiting site says UAH has its first recruit for next year - Tyler Kotlarz - F -Carleton Place CJHL.
              A source has indicated to me that Kotlarz has been traded to Markham of the OJHL.

GFM
              Geof F. Morris
              UAH BSE MAE 2002
              UAHHockey.com

Comment

Must be good for the ex-CHA foes to get together with Bobby Mo coming in just before Xmas and now Bemidji. Will Niagara be on the schedule next year?

Comment

Must be good for the ex-CHA foes to get together with Bobby Mo coming in just before Xmas and now Bemidji. Will Niagara be on the schedule next year?
                  From what I've seen, no. AHA and WCHA schools have very insular schedules, so I don't expect many games with either conference past the next year or two. Bemidji worked to give us a home-and-home, which we'll complete next year, but they only get six NC games, and devoting two of them to UAH every year, with the cost of a Huntsville trip, just isn't feasible, as much as everyone from Tom Serratore on down would love to do it.

That said, there is another WCHA school lined up for a h&h. I don't think that's signed and sealed, though.

GFM
                  Geof F. Morris
                  UAH BSE MAE 2002
                  UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by JP1
                    doubt see much addtional schedule action beyond what already agreed to until fulltime ad in place...hopefully new ad will be hockey supporter...
                    Coaches handle 99% of the scheduling in DI hockey. The AD search shouldn't have much impact on that aspect of the program.

Comment

Originally posted by JP1
                      but the ad controls the budget and seeing how much travel this team forced to do as independent that means that the ad does in fact have final say...coach may do the work to arrange games but if non hockey supporter ad is selected there may not be money...flying vs. bus trip for example
                      Just hope UAH gets some good news in the spring about the possibility of joining a conference some time in the next few years. Otherwise, it will be difficult to keep the program going, won't it ??
                      Last edited by Back check; 01-08-2011, 02:55 PM.

Comment

JP1 - who do you scout for? Can you send some good ones down south?

Comment

good game today... always nice to hear people getting into the game when listening on the radio. congrats to Huntsville... and I agree with the earlier post that I hope we always play a home and home with Huntsville. Hate losses but loving biscuits up here in the snow.

Comment

Originally posted by true2BSU View Post
                            good game today... always nice to hear people getting into the game when listening on the radio. congrats to Huntsville... and I agree with the earlier post that I hope we always play a home and home with Huntsville. Hate losses but loving biscuits up here in the snow.
                            1. They would win when I'm home sick. Dang stomach flu.

2. Until the WCHA dials back their league schedule, it's just not going to happen very often. Devoting 1/3 of your NC games to playing UAH every year isn't feasible, especially considering the cost of the travel.

GFM
                            Geof F. Morris
                            UAH BSE MAE 2002
                            UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                              1. They would win when I'm home sick. Dang stomach flu.

2. Until the WCHA dials back their league schedule, it's just not going to happen very often. Devoting 1/3 of your NC games to playing UAH every year isn't feasible, especially considering the cost of the travel.

GFM
                              You're right...the UAH-Bemidji era likely ends next season. We'll just have to enjoy this while we can. Today in particular.
                              Michael Napier - UAH '97
                              uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey
                              U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
                              NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
                              CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
                              CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by true2BSU View Post
                                I know I enjoyed the broadcasts (even Friday's game). Hooray Internet.
                                Michael Napier - UAH '97
                                uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey
                                U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
                                NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
                                CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
                                CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

Comment

Working...
                                X