Declaring Our Independence: UAH 2010-11, Part the First

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Declaring Our Independence: UAH 2010-11, Part the First

Wow. What a comeback! Second time in three games the Chargers have come back from 4-1 down to take a game to overtime. As Charger #2 said, the scores vs. Ferris State, Bowling Green, and Michigan State have hopefully shown CCHA folks the Chargers can compete at a high enough level in their conference.

Comment

1. The CCHA's rejection had nothing to do with on-ice performance. It does make for a compelling narrative, though.

2. My favorite tidbit from the USCHO post-game review was that the UAH locker room was quiet, not boisterous. I'm sure that the boys are happy that they got it tied up with three goals in the last four minutes of regulation, but I get the sense that they're not happy with not closing it out in OT.

GFM
      Geof F. Morris
      UAH BSE MAE 2002
      UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
        1. The CCHA's rejection had nothing to do with on-ice performance. It does make for a compelling narrative, though.

2. My favorite tidbit from the USCHO post-game review was that the UAH locker room was quiet, not boisterous. I'm sure that the boys are happy that they got it tied up with three goals in the last four minutes of regulation, but I get the sense that they're not happy with not closing it out in OT.

GFM
        Two trips to OT after being down 4-1 on the road and one point out of four probably disappointing to the guys. Plus a PP opportunity in last night's game when the PP has been very productive.

Comment

Originally posted by chargersupporter View Post
          Two trips to OT after being down 4-1 on the road and one point out of four probably disappointing to the guys. Plus a PP opportunity in last night's game when the PP has been very productive.
          An OT PP opportunity? That must have been some kind of penalty to call it on the home team, especially as it was probably CCHA refs doing the game.

GFM
          Geof F. Morris
          UAH BSE MAE 2002
          UAHHockey.com

Comment

Some quotes from the Sparty thread...

owslachief = "What the h3ll?"

Pirateasaurus = "What the **** was that?

Complete meltdown. Embarrassing. We were lucky not to lose after that overtime.

The team clocked out for the night with about 10 minutes left.

A 3 goal lead should never disintegrate like that against anybody and UAH is not a good team. We may have not lost but our team was humbled tonight."

Arwen22266 = "They thought they had it in the bag, and they sat back. State is a better team than they showed tonight, and I hope they realize it sooner than later."

owslachief = "Violent collision of reality and absurdity."

Doug
            UAH 1974
            Charger Hockey - Born 1979 ~ Killed 2012
            Executioner: Malcom Portera - Chancellor, University of Alabama System
            Reason: Hates all things not in Tuscaloosa (i.e. UAH & UAB)
            Revived: Two Months Later - Thanks Nathan et al... Save UAH Hockey
            Reborn: 1/17/2013 - Thanks Bob - Thanks WCHA!!!

Comment

An OT PP opportunity? That must have been some kind of penalty to call it on the home team, especially as it was probably CCHA refs doing the game.

GFM
              Also there was a slashing call to MSU's NHL first-rounder in the last minute of regulation time giving the Chargers a 6-on-4 with the goalie out.

Comment

Originally posted by chargersupporter View Post
                Also there was a slashing call to MSU's NHL first-rounder in the last minute of regulation time giving the Chargers a 6-on-4 with the goalie out.
                Don't see many EAPPGs. As Koudys netted it with SGeoffrion assisting, I'm getting that it was Geoffrion-Cseter-Desmet-Koudys on the front line. I'm guessing a Seabass shot on rebounded to Joe? Doug, can you let us know what happened? I'm sure that you'd have posted a photo of the GTG if you had it.

GFM
                Geof F. Morris
                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Don't see many EAPPGs. As Koudys netted it with SGeoffrion assisting, I'm getting that it was Geoffrion-Cseter-Desmet-Koudys on the front line. I'm guessing a Seabass shot on rebounded to Joe? Doug, can you let us know what happened? I'm sure that you'd have posted a photo of the GTG if you had it. GFM
                  I'd love to if I was there. Too many commitments this week so I couldn't make the trip to Munn... and I'm not sure yet if I'll make tOSU games either. I'm stuck watching the Game Tracker just like you guys... BUMMER!!!

Go Blue!!!
                  Doug
                  UAH 1974

Comment

I can't wait to see how Sparty fans spin this one, a one-goal win where both of their goals were PPG? Either UAH is pretty decent or Sparty just isn't any good.

GFM
                    Geof F. Morris
                    UAH BSE MAE 2002
                    UAHHockey.com

Comment

Saturday night Final:
                      UAH 1 - MSU 2
                      Clarke Saunders in net tonight with a 27 save effort.
                      SOG's were UAH 19 - MSU 29
                      Last edited by Douglas; 10-30-2010, 09:03 PM. Reason: Correct SOG's
                      Doug
                      UAH 1974

Comment

Hey guys, I have an opportunity to attend the BC/Mass-Lowell game this Tuesday (government travel sends you to the most interesting places... and also, Boston). Any ideas for a snarky pro-UAH sign?

Comment

Originally posted by UAHIce View Post
                          Hey guys, I have an opportunity to attend the BC/Mass-Lowell game this Tuesday (government travel sends you to the most interesting places... and also, Boston). Any ideas for a snarky pro-UAH sign?
                          How about asking Blaise if we can interest him in some more Southern Hospitality?
                          UAH - The Cleveland Browns of COLLEGE HOCKEY

Mike Anderson
                          2006 Time Person of the Year
                          Finger far off the pulse of college hockey, thanks to Mack Portera.
                          It was fun for a whole lot of seasons.

"Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish; let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more." Proverbs 31:6-7 (NIV)

Comment

I can't wait to see how Sparty fans spin this one, a one-goal win where both of their goals were PPG? Either UAH is pretty decent or Sparty just isn't any good.

GFM
                            Yes and maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                              Yes and maybe.
                              It's always nice to hear another team's fan(s) admit that UAH isn't the patsy they were expecting coming in to the weekend. The boys certainly looked like it at Wisconsin and fans chirped accordingly, but I figured a good followup effort last night indicated that Friday wasn't as much of a fluke as it could be regarded.

Since both Cole and Luongo are alumni, I look favorably upon Michigan State for their schedule against anyone but us, and only use that derisive nickname when it's time to square off.

Would love to be doing this every year in the CCHA,
                              GFM
                              Geof F. Morris
                              UAH BSE MAE 2002
                              UAHHockey.com

Comment

I can't wait to see how Sparty fans spin this one, a one-goal win where both of their goals were PPG? Either UAH is pretty decent or Sparty just isn't any good. GFM
                                From the Sparty thread by Pirateasaurus: "...We won and that is all that matters, really. I thought UAH looked very motivated last night and played very well as opposed to us just ****ing the game away. I think they have something to prove to any CCHA team they are up against..."

A reasonable statement in my opinion... I don't think anyone will think we are equal to Sparty (that will take a truckload of money) but, can we play with them? I'd say that's a yes.
                                Doug
                                UAH 1974

Comment

Working...
                                X