• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Declaring Our Independence: UAH 2010-11, Part the First

Originally posted by MikeAnderson View Post
    This makes it all better.

Katherine Rebekah on Twitpic

Katherine Rebekah Anderson. Born on my final birthday, October 15, 2010.
    Congrats Mike!!
    bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

On your final birthday?

GFM
      Geof F. Morris
      UAH BSE MAE 2002
      UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
        On your final birthday?

GFM
        Yes. From this day forward it is her birthday. At least until she's 11 or so, and the only birthday present I can hope for is getting the kids out of the house for an evening.
        UAH - The Cleveland Browns of COLLEGE HOCKEY

Mike Anderson
        2006 Time Person of the Year
        Finger far off the pulse of college hockey, thanks to Mack Portera.
        It was fun for a whole lot of seasons.

"Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish; let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more." Proverbs 31:6-7 (NIV)

Comment

Yes. From this day forward it is her birthday. At least until she's 11 or so, and the only birthday present I can hope for is getting the kids out of the house for an evening.
          Okay, yeah, that makes sense. You didn't want to celebrate anymore anyway, right? You've already had 30 on your own.

GFM <-- hopes Mike's 31 years of life experience will be passed on to both of his wonderful children.
          Geof F. Morris
          UAH BSE MAE 2002
          UAHHockey.com

Comment

Lou said in the post-game presser that the call on Bass was correct. It didn't look totally right to me on TV, but I'll take Coach's word on it.

Hope the boys rebound on Sunday.

GFM
            Geof F. Morris
            UAH BSE MAE 2002
            UAHHockey.com

Comment

Happy Birthday and Congrats, Mikey!!!
              Doug
              UAH 1974
              Charger Hockey - Born 1979 ~ Killed 2012
              Executioner: Malcom Portera - Chancellor, University of Alabama System
              Reason: Hates all things not in Tuscaloosa (i.e. UAH & UAB)
              Revived: Two Months Later - Thanks Nathan et al... Save UAH Hockey
              Reborn: 1/17/2013 - Thanks Bob - Thanks WCHA!!!

Comment

Sunday final: UAH 2 UW 5
                Two PP goals by Fairbanks and Easton
                Doug
                UAH 1974

Comment

Big scrum at the end. Amazingly, Seabass was not involved.

GFM
                  Geof F. Morris
                  UAH BSE MAE 2002
                  UAHHockey.com

Comment

This makes it all better.

Katherine Rebekah on Twitpic

Katherine Rebekah Anderson. Born on my final birthday, October 15, 2010.
                    Congrats Mike!!!!! Enjoy the sleepless nights, I know I am right now!!!
                    Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                    FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                    NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                    NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                    NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                    NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                    Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                    Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas View Post
                      Sunday final: UAH 2 UW 5
                      Two PP goals by Fairbanks and Easton
                      PPGs are always encouraging given our anemic PP over the past 2-3 years.
                      UAH - The Cleveland Browns of COLLEGE HOCKEY

Mike Anderson
                      2006 Time Person of the Year
                      Finger far off the pulse of college hockey, thanks to Mack Portera.
                      It was fun for a whole lot of seasons.

"Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish; let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more." Proverbs 31:6-7 (NIV)

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                        Big scrum at the end. Amazingly, Seabass was not involved.

GFM
                        Amazing indeed. But a question:

Are they going to Red Shirt Groh? With Saunders starting again, and Griggs having already been RS last year (and seeing limited action this year already), does this seem to be the plan?

Comment

Originally posted by JP1
                          Won't happen
                          Care to elaborate on that assessment?

(Sorry, haven't a clue who you are off-hand, so forgive me if I don't take a statement without something a little more substantive than a 'said so'.)

Comment

Originally posted by JP1
                            and why should I offer anything more to an internet moron who throws such crazy speculation out after only 4 games?
                            That was a completely uncalled for response to a perfectly valid inquiry, regardless of whether or not you agree with it.

Many of us expected to see Groh take the ice when Saunders was lit up for five on Friday, and when he wasn't put in there was, yes, speculation as to the reasoning behind Coach's decision. It is perfectly reasonable to consider the long term implications of three goalies all with 4 years of eligibility from this point in time. Either someone leaves early, or someone sits, otherwise the team is left without a goalie in a few years and the end result is we don't have a replacement ready to take the net over when the time comes. UAH isn't planning to fold, so long term planning in goal is something we should be considering. And the red shirt, last I checked the rules, can be declared at any point during the season, leaving Coach a lot of room to not invoke it if something were to happen to one of the other two goalies.

Also 4/32 = 12.5% of the season. (Excluding exhibition games), which while early isn't unusual in sports when it comes to determining who is going to sit for the season.

Comment

PPGs are always encouraging given our anemic PP over the past 2-3 years.
                              Danton was texting me for game updates Sunday, and I thought about giving him a hard time and telling him that Lou's power play beat the hell out of his.

And no, the only goalie with a red shirt is Griggs from 2009-10.

GFM
                              Geof F. Morris
                              UAH BSE MAE 2002
                              UAHHockey.com

Comment

JMHO - But I think it's entirely too early in the season for any of this "who's the goalie" kind of speculation. Let's face it, usually, the first shots go to those who show the most promise/hard work/enthusiasm/attitude in practice. And since the NCAA doesn't allow very much coach participated practice before the season officially starts there isn't a lot of time to evaluate anyone completely in such a short time. Therefore, someone is going to start first and get a few games in for evaluation before the next in line gets a shot. If that first guy shows good early he may stay there for awhile before the next gets their turn. All this jumping to conclusions after only three games is simply ridiculous. Let's let this play out a while and we'll find out who ends up getting the full-time job, if platooning isn't chosen later on.

I know this, having been an athlete myself in ancient times, if I got beat out for a game or position I worked even harder in practices and with attitude to try to work myself back into the top spot. Sometimes you make it and sometimes you don't. That's life. There are no guarantee's, you usually have to earn your spot or at least patiently await your turn in the sun...
                                Doug
                                UAH 1974

Comment

Working...
                                X